A Message to the WC3 Community | Shut Down

thugsmoke
Basic Tree

Re: A Message to the WC3 Community | Shut Down

Postby thugsmoke » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:02 am

I'm stupid Russian) I'm really scared, I have problems with my nervous system, my dope is to play cross, Legion TD, smoke stuff and play w3 to listen at this soma FM suburbs of Goa you can not imagine how much I have nostalgia with entgangen, this is my Zen, Oh Oh Oh((

devaztate
Armored Tree

Postby devaztate » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:10 am

They took the bot down on purpose, this has zero to do with Blizzard.

thugsmoke
Basic Tree

Postby thugsmoke » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:15 am

What's the matter? I from Russia my friend, we will play? entconnect will no longer work it's time cleat battle net?

UrbanEdge
Forest Walker

Postby UrbanEdge » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:19 am

You guys are doing worse than Blizzard, by stopping bots in the weekend.......

Connorchaos
Forest Walker

Postby Connorchaos » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:20 am

@devaztate ent make no money from this other than donations your failed attempt at any logic what so ever is pathetic at best. Blizzard is doing away with hosting bots check out the links in the beginning of this post. another bot cant just simply take ents place many of the communities have already closed out because of this.

opiemonster
Basic Tree

Postby opiemonster » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:34 am

I've tried to hit all the key points in my reply to the blizzard post,

Thumbs it up here:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/to ... 0#post-198

Hi Blizzard,

I understand your reasons for the changes, but we really care about this community, and we want you to be aware of the issues, so you don't make a naive decision that could damage the community.

With that said, here are 5 things you need to consider before making this change:

Dedicated servers to host games. Port forwarding is only a minor issue, the real issue is latency and if the host leave, the game ends.
Map Exposure Give map makers the ability to pay a fee to have their map hosted periodically. This allows mapmakers to get their maps played on a larger scale. You have to really support these guys, they are the foundation of the community. Give them opportunity and the potential to get their map to number 1.

One of the big reasons sc2 map making died was because the first maps that became somewhat popular, 'locked in', so nothing else could get played. If you are a map maker, and you can't get your map played, then it's simple, you stop making maps, and if that happens to enough map makers, nobody makes maps, and if nobody makes maps, wc3 dies.

Improve the vanilla browser. People don't really use the wc3 map browser anymore, we use ENT lobby and then just put the game name into the wc3 browser. It's simple, it's easier to navigate, you can see all the maps at once without needing to refresh with the game name, map name, server location and player count, line by line. I challenge you to match that level of usability.

Community self policing. We need to be able to kick and ban players from our games

Cloud hosted save states/rankings. This one is not as important, but If blizzard wants to truly match and exceed wc3 host bots, they need this functionality

ringkeeper
Resource Storage

Postby ringkeeper » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:52 am

and there it goes, though i would love to play an apem before going to work, i ended up leaving a comment to their forum, the forum i hate the most.... blizzard's forum....... let's hope those attention whores will let the bots alone now that they got the attention they wanted

thugsmoke
Basic Tree

Postby thugsmoke » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:14 am

ringkeeper wrote:and there it goes, though i would love to play an apem before going to work, i ended up leaving a comment to their forum, the forum i hate the most.... blizzard's forum....... let's hope those attention whores will let the bots alone now that they got the attention they wanted

bro I played Legion Ltd, I feel very bad, do not find their place, I've got to play cross

devaztate
Armored Tree

Postby devaztate » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:15 am

Connorchaos wrote:@devaztate ent make no money from this other than donations your failed attempt at any logic what so ever is pathetic at best. Blizzard is doing away with hosting bots check out the links in the beginning of this post. another bot cant just simply take ents place many of the communities have already closed out because of this.

Pure and simple Blizzard doesnt care about ENT at all. ENT taking the bot down is going to have ZERO effect on what blizzard decides to do.......The fact still remains that ENT could be hosting games as i type this but instead think a halfass "strike" is going to make a difference............And they choose to fucking do it on the weekend?

miras89
Armored Tree

Postby miras89 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:28 am

Just create the own servers. Get independant to Blizzard. I think there are many people incl. me that would have donated. At least we get of rid of kiddos. This won't change anything though except pissing off people.

miras89
Armored Tree

Postby miras89 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:30 am

Lol what is funny yesterday I was about to donate 30 USD before u shut down the servers for the weekend.
Really please turn on the bots again and start serious discussion of how to handle this. Or do oyu really think some crying comments on Blizzard will force them to care about this small community at all ?

Connorchaos
Forest Walker

Postby Connorchaos » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:35 am

@devaztate Now that I can agree with blizzard doesnt care or they would not even be considering this. Blizzard is out to sell games and they feel that hosting bots have destroyed their income stream for the game. People dont need to check games list they can just whisper the game bot.

The real problem is battle net is used for more than just war craft 3 . The new call of duty black ops 4 will be hosted on battle net. To them these games that will make them money need to be played on an up to date server.
Unfortunately it will kill the custom games unless a middle ground can be found.

So yes ent should still host until they no longer can and yes they maybe hurting themselves in this. I do not see blizzard spending the money to go back and fix this at the possibility of no being able to roll out call of duty on scheduled oct 12.

At the same time if you dont try to have your voice heard then you have zero chance of finding a resolution......this action might be a bit negative. if Blizzard is really trying to get rid of hosting bots is ent just helping them out and doing what blizzard wants.....The opposite should happen every player of custom games should start hosting their own games of empty lobbies and ent open all hosting bots and clog the system in response then blizzard kind of has to listen a bit as it could hurt the roll out of the newer games......

devaztate
Armored Tree

Postby devaztate » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:42 am

Its clear to me that ENT knows its days of hosting is done and are doing this "well timed" strike to drum up donations to get the bot back online earlier......If ENT actually cared about the players who use its services they would be hosting right now, but they dont id bet my left testicle that after a certain amount of donations ENT would start the bot up before this "48 hours"

Connorchaos
Forest Walker

Postby Connorchaos » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:00 am

@devaztate its not about donations its about protest. I guarantee at this moment and time hazardous and uak will be warning people about donations given the current circumstances.

Uak was never about taking peoples money just to take it, and hazardous may have been accused of being power hungry but I would bet my life he is no thief.

It cost money them money to keep the server going with many years money out of pocket for the owners. All of the staff work for free.

Malaka
Basic Tree

Postby Malaka » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:11 am

blizzard is a fucking joke, they are so lucky that they dont have a real compentetive game or else we would drop this shit WC3 with all there buggs and "fixes" with the new patches.

Return to “Archive”