WC3Connect

News about Enterprise Gaming.
BlackieSK
Basic Tree

Re: WC3Connect

Postby BlackieSK » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:05 am

Hellou i wanted to play on ENT with wc3connect some rpg maps cuz battlenet is currently broken but my name BlackieSK is alredy taken is there any way how i can use it?

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:51 am

@BlackieSK

Feel free to create a tech support topic and we can handle it there.
Simply need a topic for tracking purposes.

Mangekyo
Resource Storage

Postby Mangekyo » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:57 pm

Whadup everybody,

I have issues installing wc3 on my macbook. Can't install the version posted here on ent, it says " warcraft 3 is unable to initialize, error 3." What the hell does that mean, is it impossible to play wc3 on the mac with the old patch? I usually play on my PC, but wanted to try it on macbook since I have to travel from time to time and don't want to miss some nights of dota. Is there any advise?

Thanks in advance!

Btw: I'm using the latest OS (Mojave 10.14.5) on my macbook pro, just in case it is relevant

zeddicus
Basic Tree

Postby zeddicus » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:28 pm

hi, no games appear in my local network. can someone help me?

gogogo
Basic Tree

Postby gogogo » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:55 pm

Saw a lot of people on Mac who complained that they can't play but haven't seen an answers for it (partly because I did not look through all messages).
Unfortunately, the Mac files are corrupted. It might have been caused by versions of Mac.

If you want to play on Mac, the only solution now is to install Windows 10 using Mac Bootcamp. After that you will have dual operating system on your Mac, one Windows and the others is your native Mac OS. I'm not going to go into the details because there are a lot of tutorials out there by simply googling it. But here is the basics

As a safety precaution, always backup your important data before installing Windows with bootcamp.

1. On your Mac, Press CMD + Space on Mac and search for "Bootcamp" and press enter
2. Explore bootcamp. Depends on the version of your Mac, it may have different options. A lot of the options are self explanatory.
3. Download Windows 10. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softwar ... /windows10. I think there has been a few changes on the download page. Before I could just download easily but now you need to go through a few validation or something. You don't need to buy Windows 10. It's available for free to use but it leaves a water mark lower right. It doesn't bother me actually. I barely notices it.
4. If you have Mac Mojave, then I don't believe you need a flash bootdrive. For earlier version, you may need one to create an install image on your flash drive. Earlier version of Mac will install Windows from this flash drive.
5. After you have all that, follow the bootcamp instructions to install Windows 10. Google it for more information.
5.5 You will be asked to partition your hard drive. For Windows, you only need 50GB. I have mine set to around 70GB. IF you think you only need to use Windows for WC3, then 50GB is enough. If you want to do a bit more, set it to 70GB or something. It just depends on how big your Mac HD is.
6. After you have Windows configured, Mac OS will be booted first when you restart your Mac. If you want to go to Windows, press and hold Option button when your Mac start up (the Apple symbol logo). You will be presented 2 options, one for Mac and one for Windows. Choose Windows.
7. You can easily change which OS to boot first by going to bootcamp setting. For Windows, you should have a bootcamp icon on your lower right.
8. Download the Windows WC3 files and start it from there.

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:57 pm

There is a guide on installing the mac version in the first post, the link leads to our wiki and there is also a video step-by-step as well.

@gogogo

gogogo
Basic Tree

Postby gogogo » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:57 am

I tried the instruction on Mac (Mojave OS) and it seems to work. The instruction is found here http://wiki.entgaming.net/index.php?tit ... SX_Install (reposting this but it's on the first post). The Youtube version has more details. I had to download it twice and also resync Google files twice (not sure if something was corrupted the first sync).

But it doesn't work as great as before when I had Mac Sierra. Not sure if it's related with Mojave OS or just the downloaded one. The problem I'm having now is that the downloaded WC3 doesn't detect multi monitor and doesn't lock the mouse inside the WC3 screen, so I had to do a weird monitor position "hack" to hide the other monitors. The others is minor and it relates to not being able to change the screen resolution in game. So the Windows version is still better.

@Unitil

artifacts
Treant

Postby artifacts » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:36 pm

I did a big windows update last week and now every single game i get lag and almost get disconnected, but reconnect after a few seconds of lag..this never happened before the update..any help would be great. @unitil

ShinraCorp
Forest Walker

Postby ShinraCorp » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:01 am

@artifacts

Hey I saw you were having the same lag issues I'm having now. Did you get it resolved?
Those wings, I want them too.

artifacts
Treant

Postby artifacts » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:48 am

I deleted the app, downloaded it again..its been a bit better, but not a real fix to the problem. @shinraCorp

ShinraCorp
Forest Walker

Postby ShinraCorp » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:56 pm

@artifacts

I did the same; didn't help
Those wings, I want them too.

artifacts
Treant

Postby artifacts » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:12 am

Yeah its been the same issue today too back to lagging and almost getting disconnected!

artifacts
Treant

Postby artifacts » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:32 am

Literally lagging hard as fuck in every game lol, doesnt matter if its the first game of the day, or the 5th..lag to almost disconnecting, its fucking annoying..

SaadKhanSK
Basic Tree

Postby SaadKhanSK » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:29 am

I forgot my wc3connect password. What should i do?

javiercar
Basic Tree

Postby javiercar » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:37 pm

zeddicus wrote:hi, no games appear in my local network. can someone help me?

Same problem! 2 days ago I was able to play normally! I dont understand :/
These users thanked the author javiercar for the post:
articuno (Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:19 am)

Return to “News and Updates”