WC3Connect

News about Enterprise Gaming.
raduman
Basic Tree

Re: WC3Connect

Postby raduman » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:50 pm

There's a typo in the Games tab where it says "Why are you doing this?..."
Don't know if to report in this thread or not.
Should be "Why are we doing this?..."

uakf.b
Staff Department

Postby uakf.b » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:00 pm

@Surothedeath you should be able to login with your forum account username and password.
dWFrZi5i -- 'cause I'm cool like Agreements

Pawling
Basic Tree

Postby Pawling » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:24 pm

@uakf.b
I am unable to log in and sign up for new account
so..nothing works
is it normal?
I am here so clearly my account still works

Frotty
Resource Storage

Postby Frotty » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:22 pm

Sigh, first you complain about dick moves by blizzard, and now you are pulling one yourself by removing slot information.

Did you consider ppl not using wc3connect because they don't want to? It's immature and unstable judging from this thread, and in the end seems nothing more than a complex ui wrapper around gproxy/entconnect. I know that me personally and other ppl aren't gonna install and use some closed source executable with account requirement and a bunch of overloaded features i don't want.
XPAM might not be good overall, but at least open and lightweight.

I think you have/had the chance to grow a EU community for non-official patches, and judging from the new web services, imo the best move would be to provide some open and public api which could be used by any gproxy compliant client to connect to games from ent, mmh, etc. which seems to be possible e.g. via pvpgn realm like eurobattle. It would also provide an easy way for bot hosters to advertise their games on that service and prevent lobbies being split up even more.

Forcing players to use your proprietary app doesn't feel much different from blizzard forcing players to use the ingame browser again.
Cynical af.

uakf.b
Staff Department

Postby uakf.b » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:34 pm

@Frotty PVPGN software doesn't yet support 1.29+, which is needed for 24-player maps. After it does, and after a PVPGN realm like eurobattle switches to 1.29+ patch, we plan to support joining from that realm, in addition to supporting WC3Connect.

GProxy++ didn't need to incorporate account management because that was done through Battle.net. The 1.30.2 patch makes it impossible to join ENT and MMH games from Battle.net. Thus, to allow players to have persistent names, we needed to implement our own account system.

We might release source code for the client app in the future. But a new app was necessary because we can no longer rely on Battle.net's account system. Also, if people deploy their own versions of the app with their own servers then you would have the split problem; so there needs to be a centralized list of games.

We are already allowing people to connect their own host bots.

Nepomuc
Basic Tree

Postby Nepomuc » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:41 pm

I tried hosting a game using WC3Connect to connect. Was able to join, but unable to use commands. Anything i might be missing?

uakf.b
Staff Department

Postby uakf.b » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:42 pm

@Nepomuc the owner name that you write must match your WC3Connect account name, not your LAN username. Could that be the problem?

Edit: it seems like you used WC3Connect account "Nepomuc135". You should login with your forum account username/password instead, or enter "Nepomuc135" as owner name when hosting the game.

uakf.b
Staff Department

Postby uakf.b » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:00 pm

@Frotty actually, I think it is possible to allow users to join games using GProxy++ with their WC3Connect account. I will look into it.

maxou
Basic Tree

Postby maxou » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:29 pm

Remove lobby information really is boring and annoying. I'm never gonna use this w3connect, because I don't want that kind of tool to enjoy war3. Moreover, removing it just made me realize how pointless that was. I'm thanksful for bots, but it's time to move on, especially when you're being managed by such kids pulling out dick moves after dick moves. I'm no longer trusting you, I'll keep enjoying war3, bot hosted or not.

phuphew
Armored Tree

Postby phuphew » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:36 pm

Why is there no answer to this:
Cant start game with Warcraft III.exe cause it causes and error, thats why i am using the launcher to start it.

There are many players that got the same issue!

Yoosk
Basic Tree

Postby Yoosk » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:00 pm

phuphew wrote:Why is there no answer to this:
Cant start game with Warcraft III.exe cause it causes and error, thats why i am using the launcher to start it.

There are many players that got the same issue!

That should not be the case as you can imagine... launcher does the same as launching war3.exe though.

MungoLake
Armored Tree

Postby MungoLake » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:38 pm

Anyone got it to work on a mac yet? I can't get it to work.

gloom
Resource Storage

Postby gloom » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:34 pm

MungoLake wrote:Anyone got it to work on a mac yet? I can't get it to work.

Working for me. Didn't have to do anything extraordinary, it worked well out of the box.

yoonitvector
Basic Tree

Postby yoonitvector » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:32 am

Every time I try to connect using localhost I end up desyncing and disconnecting. I can do it normally on battlenet but when i use the wc3connect i DC.

uakf.b
Staff Department

Postby uakf.b » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:38 am

@Frotty you can now use GProxy++ to connect to WC3Connect: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=136445#p527304

Return to “News and Updates”