ENT shutting down

MrStrawberry
Aura Tree

Re: ENT shutting down

Postby MrStrawberry » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:54 am

Farewell ent.
Last edited by MrStrawberry on Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BoretkPanda
Treant Protector

Postby BoretkPanda » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:14 pm

MrStrawberry wrote:As a LTD player i want to thank to ENT for over 6 years great gaming here. It was a pleasure, and now is time to moveon.

If u play LTD, and u are good at it, lihl is making a transition to Warcraft Reforged, so our moderator is trying to keep LTD alive.

If u are interested in continue playing LTD, pls vouch for LIHL, if you are good enough in LTD, u will get your chance to proove it.

viewforum.php?f=72

Lets keep it alive people!

!

mslove
Aura Tree

Postby mslove » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:53 pm

sad to here, thanks guys for that time, even if it was a few months, i will miss the community and the games.

sl4ck
Poison Treant

Postby sl4ck » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:24 pm

Sad to hear this. I am glad to have been part of an incredible mod team, even though it was just for a short duration. All the best to all of you!

1B_Fantom
Armored Tree

Postby 1B_Fantom » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:25 pm

I know I may have gone my separate ways since the last patch, and had some disagreements about how DotA was being managed... But nonetheless I have tons of respect for pretty much everyone involved here. As I've taken on leading my own community I have a newfound understanding for all the time, effort, and judgement you have to put out on a daily basis. Not just ban requests/appeals, but day-to-day upkeep, management of your teams morale as well as game quality, the list goes on and on. And I know you guys did your best to stay viable, but unfortunately Blizzard has continued fracturing communities and made things difficult.

Overall I'd been here a short time compared to some, mostly since the end of 2016. But that is where I made almost all of my long lasting DotA connections and friendships that still endure today. So if for nothing else but that, I appreciate everything that had been done here. It was a great platform and I look back fondly on most of the experiences I have ever had here.

Long story short. Thanks again for everyone's time who helped make this a good community, and know that our group of dedicated players use ENT as our origin story, and where most of us all became friends. So hopefully we can continue carrying the torch and make everyone proud.

Good luck to all in any future endeavors.

oceano
Armored Tree

Postby oceano » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:20 pm

This brought tears to my eyes. I was always wondering what will happen to my life when ENT will shut down and I wont be able to play the only game I play for last 7 years. Legion TD.
RIP me

Haunt
Oversight Staff

Postby Haunt » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:12 pm

@oceano the bots won’t go off just yet, we just don’t moderate the games anymore. Also, I’m sure there are LTD games on bnet.

Pretty_Boy
Basic Tree

Postby Pretty_Boy » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:56 pm

Damn, I'm shocked. I love this game so much, I wish I could still play it. Is there possibility to still play some games during the week, and if so, how to do it? Please answer and thank you for all the work y'all guys have done. I always smoked some and played this game and it felt so good. :D Thank you guys, I hope I still can play Legion TD somewhere, I love that game.

wTc[JediMaster]
Treant Protector

Postby wTc[JediMaster] » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:06 pm

Well I guess its time to take farewell then.

Not really sure what to say tho, meet many people via and from ENT over the years.
Seen alot of name and profile changes over the years too xD

For me this was mainly a place to play CF with the rest of the CF nerds hunting for elo for good or ill.
Aswell as an alternative to MMH when hosting something else then what wTc was alrdy hosting for us :P

Also tried to helpout with this and that however moved over more to the discord when that was finaly launched aslongside the forum/site.
Was the place to go for along time but now times changed several things; "The Great Split" with 1.29 that removed bnet's posiblity (with bots) to cross host on more or less any and all other servers. Then ofc 1.30.2 with the removal of the hosting bots, thus leading to the "upgrade" of ENTConnect into WC3Connect.

I was semi planing on mentioning some people/names but Im afraid Id forget some so that then exclude them Im not going to namedrop any xD

And now here we are new times WC3:RF incoming bringing with it lots of changes that not everyone likes or want, whatever happends wc3 will live on in 1 form or another :) At any rate may this passing bring you the peace you worked so hard and mostly thanklessly too.

greenmtn
Forest Walker

Postby greenmtn » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:37 pm

GG WP.

EdteOfChaos2
Forest Walker

Postby EdteOfChaos2 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:33 pm

Well, I never meant to post anything more on this forum as all of my posts were getting isnta-deleted, but I saw this and.. I guess just want to leave my final message on this forum. We all saw the writing on the wall here for quite a while. Despite the decrease in quality we saw in the past year or two, it's still sad to see ENT die for real now. This server was a big part of my life and I've been here almost since the beginning.

Thanks to everyone who kept this server running and got us more time, even after the bnet patch that tried to kill it. Thanks to all of the great players and friends I've met on this server who made it worth playing on. I will always remember the great times I had here.

Closing down is the right decision. We can all say goodbye for real now.

Furthermore, to the moderators: you all hate me and probably blame me in part for ENT dying. And I was trolling and, as one mod said it, "spreading dissent" near the end. But I'd ask you; do you have any idea of how hard I tried to improve this place, of how hard I tried to change the direction I saw ENT going in long before the bnet patch? I spent thousands of hours moderating this place, and afterwards I spent days writing detailed posts of what I saw going wrong on this place. And the result? No one gave a fuck. They told me to shut up, they were right and I was wrong. You guys (you know who I am talking about) can get fucked. You're the ones who killed ENT, not me. Obviously I am going to "troll" and not take you seriously after how you acted.

hurz-kai
Aura Tree

Postby hurz-kai » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:41 pm

gg wp & thank you very much for everything you did!! I will miss the forum-dramas tho, they were always VERY entertaining :D

see ya around

olddaysdota
Armored Tree

Postby olddaysdota » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:47 pm

Thanks for all these years, it has been a ride :)

Fredbull
Aura Tree

Postby Fredbull » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:32 pm

It was a pleasure playing LTD with you all!

GG WP

holymoly
Resource Storage

Postby holymoly » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:38 am

well peace!!

Return to “Archive”