ENT shutting down

Kornylol
Armored Tree

Re: ENT shutting down

Postby Kornylol » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:03 pm

damnit i tried to go on battle net and it updated my patch and now i cant find any games with the lan bot , help!!!

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:08 pm

@Kornylol

https://entgaming.net/wc3connect/
Warcraft III download links at the above download link

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:29 pm

I knew this was inevitable and I've already stopped playing on here for a while, but seeing this still saddens me.

Thanks for all you've done, and for trying to provide a much needed alternative to the horrible patch 1.31.

Kornylol
Armored Tree

Postby Kornylol » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:04 pm

Unitil wrote:@Kornylol

https://entgaming.net/wc3connect/
Warcraft III download links at the above download link

!!!! thank you!

bill7907
Forest Walker

Postby bill7907 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:06 am

If we cut through the bullshit, it's basically lack of funds.

Some moderators were good. Some moderators were not. Some mods were only here to leech social status by putting the last amount of effort with almost no activity. Some were there to abuse their authority.
Lately we've seen a lot censorship as well ; people being warned to be forum banned as soon a moderator's decision is questionned. But at the same time those same mods don't care if people insult each others on the forums. We have seen our fair share of particular mods erasing posts/content they don't agree with. Falenga comes to mind. Some moderators were not there for the right reasons and should have stepped down and gave the torch to somebody else.

The whole concept behind ENT gaming, was a good concept ; a clean gaming environment that is free from maphacking and game ruining. I applaud the hard working and the honest moderators. People believed in it and made it possible. A big thanks to all the players as well.

I don't think we will ever see something like this again.

Good times - Good memories

Mangekyo
Resource Storage

Postby Mangekyo » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:12 pm

Very sad. Seeing my little brother playing DotA 2 hurts, cuz the game is total trash. I guess once ent will be down, the good old DotA will vanish in the insignificance of modern gaming, where it is all about pointless 3d-effects...

Farewell...

ENT I love you... P.O.P. hold it down...

G4NG
Aura Tree

Postby G4NG » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:58 pm

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Don't do it! Please don't shut it down!
We don't want to leave the EU. And we certainly don't want to leave ENT.

efko
Forest Walker

Postby efko » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:04 am

EdteOfChaos2 wrote:Well, I never meant to post anything more on this forum as all of my posts were getting isnta-deleted, but I saw this and.. I guess just want to leave my final message on this forum. We all saw the writing on the wall here for quite a while. Despite the decrease in quality we saw in the past year or two, it's still sad to see ENT die for real now. This server was a big part of my life and I've been here almost since the beginning.

Thanks to everyone who kept this server running and got us more time, even after the bnet patch that tried to kill it. Thanks to all of the great players and friends I've met on this server who made it worth playing on. I will always remember the great times I had here.

Closing down is the right decision. We can all say goodbye for real now.

Furthermore, to the moderators: you all hate me and probably blame me in part for ENT dying. And I was trolling and, as one mod said it, "spreading dissent" near the end. But I'd ask you; do you have any idea of how hard I tried to improve this place, of how hard I tried to change the direction I saw ENT going in long before the bnet patch? I spent thousands of hours moderating this place, and afterwards I spent days writing detailed posts of what I saw going wrong on this place. And the result? No one gave a fuck. They told me to shut up, they were right and I was wrong. You guys (you know who I am talking about) can get fucked. You're the ones who killed ENT, not me. Obviously I am going to "troll" and not take you seriously after how you acted.

Hey I remember you was moderator in past, so if you are still around, I'm interested to hear your story. Also I don't like nor I support your actions, because revenge can only prove that you never cared about this place. As community manager on few forums and with years of experience with all kind of people with similar profile like yours, I can say that you really had problems and you should not be proud because of your actions. You are definitely not sad and I don't get you why you are still here, unless if your brain is addicted slave of some revenge to people from this place to whom you were irrelevant piece of past. Closing down is wrong decision.

Spoiler!
taywon2 wrote:
1ce wrote:I don't speak English well, so I’ll write everything in Russian and translate it into Google translator. I understand the reason for your disconnection, but you lost your passion before you got your peak.
1) Very poor donation conditions
2) The server should stand at 1.26 and Your bots on pirated servers
3) Anti-hack launcher can be made cheap by Russian programmers
4) Maps
5) Game services and possibly pvpgn
I will give a couple of examples of what happened after your discovery. Server LTD OZ, has always a full lobby, 40% English 60% Russian. It works only 3 years, about 100,000 connections per day.
The LTD *** server also walks around almost all pirated servers and has 10,000 connections per day. The server has been intermittent for less than a year.
Let's get it all in order now.
1) Donations should be more flexible. The simplest scheme.
1.1 Transfer statistics cost 10 ent coins
1.2 Reset statistics 5 ent coins
1.3 1.1 and 1.2 can be done for free once a month, the second time a month will cost 10 or 5 ent coins.
1.4 1200 games should be tb
1.5 VIP account with privileges and skins (can off tb on 1200 and swap spots)
1.6 Tournaments for ent coins (cashback for players)
2) 90% of the servers are on the good old 1.26. This is necessary for the distribution of bots.
The main sweat can be taken from Garena.com and Iccup.com
3) Freelance (the easiest way) But it would be better to find a person who actually does these cheats. (d3scene.com .ru)
4) You have the best LTD card in the world, you can be proud. But you can tweak a couple of things from other servers.
1.1 Each near the house are pictures with their roll. (which are not visible to opponents during the arena)
1.2 the same with king spell
5) After completing the rest of the steps, you will have to create PVPGN, where in the lobby you can see the statistics of his games, winrate, etc. Possible achievements for the rating in the form of a picture next to the nickname in the lobby, etc. You can even microphone to the launcher and you can communicate. You have great opportunities, please do not leave. Your business should bring you income.

Everything written is just an initial idea, which you can improve by 100.

So basically, 1) optimize the server, 2) make some revenue pipeline to support the community, right? the problem is, there is no coder/server expert in ENT to work on this. Even if there is, I'm little skeptical about (2) since the amount of current ENT players are somewhere around <500 (I think) ...

My story. About year ago I tried to connect ENT and Eurobattle.net once again after few attempts in past, since Eurobattle.net provides 2 fully independent games/patches on which players can play: 1.26a - usually for dota, lod and similar games ; and 1.28.5 - for custom games/maps, so CG and PG http://wiki.eurobattle.net/index.php?title=Main_Page . So I guess both sides had what another side need, Eurobattle need bots and ENT seems to be in need for programmer who can do whatever he imagine. The problem there was no one was interested from ENT to even talk about it (except Jabba who was retired at that time and maybe one more guy, maybe Unitil, but that second guy was not the one to decide about things) and instead their choice was to follow latest patches even if it was clear to where that is going. So instead contribution between communities and platforms where this game could be played, it came to this where probably there is no enough players anymore, tons of players were lost or don't know where to find what they are searching for because there are no players anymore to fill games in lobbies. This is old game, there won't be thousands of players like in past, but old timers will be around for who knows how long. From what I've heard, remastered game will be expensive and most of players that are playing on unofficial alternatives probably won't go to pay and will stay around. From my experience, most of players are around, playing from time to time for some periods, so if they like this game, they will come again.
I see there was internal problems, wasn't around because of few bad experiences/conflicts that I had with forum crew in past, also I'm not admin on Eurobattle anymore. My suggestion is if you guys still care about all this and want to save what is left, talk with Cen from Eurobattle.net . With just a little motivation he can keep things running, so you can get genius to implement some things that you never had.

Now to open my soul, I left this forum 2 years ago and I'm still sad because of things that happened to me here before I left. Problems when asking for unban where I explained all the details and where moderator had no clue about what lines from game log means, also different rules when asking to ban someone and player is not banned even if he was using hardest possible insults that exists, so had to argue few days with forum crew so they can ban problematic player. But probably my worst experience is related with art(y who wanted a new banner for forum and I gave my best, few days of work to get something very special, or maybe it was few weeks of attempts and I made it be really special and unusual, but another guy got all credits for banner even if he made only letters. Have to admit that letters are pro work and in combination with nice background and effects its really magical. That demotivated me in time where I made a lot of cool stuff, usually from existing works from internet, did nice combinations/merging entire pictures or parts with tons of effects, that really touched my soul:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=112850&start=45#p451489
viewtopic.php?f=280&t=117135&p=458748#p456779
Image Image

coldblade01
Basic Tree

Postby coldblade01 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:38 am

efko wrote:
EdteOfChaos2 wrote:Well, I never meant to post anything more on this forum as all of my posts were getting isnta-deleted, but I saw this and.. I guess just want to leave my final message on this forum. We all saw the writing on the wall here for quite a while. Despite the decrease in quality we saw in the past year or two, it's still sad to see ENT die for real now. This server was a big part of my life and I've been here almost since the beginning.

Thanks to everyone who kept this server running and got us more time, even after the bnet patch that tried to kill it. Thanks to all of the great players and friends I've met on this server who made it worth playing on. I will always remember the great times I had here.

Closing down is the right decision. We can all say goodbye for real now.

Furthermore, to the moderators: you all hate me and probably blame me in part for ENT dying. And I was trolling and, as one mod said it, "spreading dissent" near the end. But I'd ask you; do you have any idea of how hard I tried to improve this place, of how hard I tried to change the direction I saw ENT going in long before the bnet patch? I spent thousands of hours moderating this place, and afterwards I spent days writing detailed posts of what I saw going wrong on this place. And the result? No one gave a fuck. They told me to shut up, they were right and I was wrong. You guys (you know who I am talking about) can get fucked. You're the ones who killed ENT, not me. Obviously I am going to "troll" and not take you seriously after how you acted.

Hey I remember you was moderator in past, so if you are still around, I'm interested to hear your story. Also I don't like nor I support your actions, because revenge can only prove that you never cared about this place. As community manager on few forums and with years of experience with all kind of people with similar profile like yours, I can say that you really had problems and you should not be proud because of your actions. You are definitely not sad and I don't get you why you are still here, unless if your brain is addicted slave of some revenge to people from this place to whom you were irrelevant piece of past. Closing down is wrong decision.

Spoiler!
taywon2 wrote:
1ce wrote:I don't speak English well, so I’ll write everything in Russian and translate it into Google translator. I understand the reason for your disconnection, but you lost your passion before you got your peak.
1) Very poor donation conditions
2) The server should stand at 1.26 and Your bots on pirated servers
3) Anti-hack launcher can be made cheap by Russian programmers
4) Maps
5) Game services and possibly pvpgn
I will give a couple of examples of what happened after your discovery. Server LTD OZ, has always a full lobby, 40% English 60% Russian. It works only 3 years, about 100,000 connections per day.
The LTD *** server also walks around almost all pirated servers and has 10,000 connections per day. The server has been intermittent for less than a year.
Let's get it all in order now.
1) Donations should be more flexible. The simplest scheme.
1.1 Transfer statistics cost 10 ent coins
1.2 Reset statistics 5 ent coins
1.3 1.1 and 1.2 can be done for free once a month, the second time a month will cost 10 or 5 ent coins.
1.4 1200 games should be tb
1.5 VIP account with privileges and skins (can off tb on 1200 and swap spots)
1.6 Tournaments for ent coins (cashback for players)
2) 90% of the servers are on the good old 1.26. This is necessary for the distribution of bots.
The main sweat can be taken from Garena.com and Iccup.com
3) Freelance (the easiest way) But it would be better to find a person who actually does these cheats. (d3scene.com .ru)
4) You have the best LTD card in the world, you can be proud. But you can tweak a couple of things from other servers.
1.1 Each near the house are pictures with their roll. (which are not visible to opponents during the arena)
1.2 the same with king spell
5) After completing the rest of the steps, you will have to create PVPGN, where in the lobby you can see the statistics of his games, winrate, etc. Possible achievements for the rating in the form of a picture next to the nickname in the lobby, etc. You can even microphone to the launcher and you can communicate. You have great opportunities, please do not leave. Your business should bring you income.

Everything written is just an initial idea, which you can improve by 100.

So basically, 1) optimize the server, 2) make some revenue pipeline to support the community, right? the problem is, there is no coder/server expert in ENT to work on this. Even if there is, I'm little skeptical about (2) since the amount of current ENT players are somewhere around <500 (I think) ...

My story. About year ago I tried to connect ENT and Eurobattle.net once again after few attempts in past, since Eurobattle.net provides 2 fully independent games/patches on which players can play: 1.26a - usually for dota, lod and similar games ; and 1.28.5 - for custom games/maps, so CG and PG http://wiki.eurobattle.net/index.php?title=Main_Page . So I guess both sides had what another side need, Eurobattle need bots and ENT seems to be in need for programmer who can do whatever he imagine. The problem there was no one was interested from ENT to even talk about it (except Jabba who was retired at that time and maybe one more guy, maybe Unitil, but that second guy was not the one to decide about things) and instead their choice was to follow latest patches even if it was clear to where that is going. So instead contribution between communities and platforms where this game could be played, it came to this where probably there is no enough players anymore, tons of players were lost or don't know where to find what they are searching for because there are no players anymore to fill games in lobbies. This is old game, there won't be thousands of players like in past, but old timers will be around for who knows how long. From what I've heard, remastered game will be expensive and most of players that are playing on unofficial alternatives probably won't go to pay and will stay around. From my experience, most of players are around, playing from time to time for some periods, so if they like this game, they will come again.
I see there was internal problems, wasn't around because of few bad experiences/conflicts that I had with forum crew in past, also I'm not admin on Eurobattle anymore. My suggestion is if you guys still care about all this and want to save what is left, talk with Cen from Eurobattle.net . With just a little motivation he can keep things running, so you can get genius to implement some things that you never had.

Now to open my soul, I left this forum 2 years ago and I'm still sad because of things that happened to me here before I left. Problems when asking for unban where I explained all the details and where moderator had no clue about what lines from game log means, also different rules when asking to ban someone and player is not banned even if he was using hardest possible insults that exists, so had to argue few days with forum crew so they can ban problematic player. But probably my worst experience is related with art(y who wanted a new banner for forum and I gave my best, few days of work to get something very special, or maybe it was few weeks of attempts and I made it be really special and unusual, but another guy got all credits for banner even if he made only letters. Have to admit that letters are pro work and in combination with nice background and effects its really magical. That demotivated me in time where I made a lot of cool stuff, usually from existing works from internet, did nice combinations/merging entire pictures or parts with tons of effects, that really touched my soul:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=112850&start=45#p451489
viewtopic.php?f=280&t=117135&p=458748#p456779

Sounds like all the "Karens" of ent coming out of ent, saying praise me daddy. Starting off, no one would care on this dieing forum what your fake experience is on, if anything you shouldn't be making egotistically "statements" when you obviously haven't been around the block(a.k.a internet) because your English is terrible as hell(mine is too probably but I'm not some troller on a forum), and who the even heard of a "community manager" lol, at least for a forum type description could have picked one less retarded? typing long boring paragraphs about some obsession with not getting credit for something that happened over a YEAR ago, yeah some professional we got here bois best "community manager" indeed lol, and you know demotivated means you have a loss for motive.. meaning you wouldn't be INSPIRED by another persons work, and more like sitting and crying over spilled milk. Touch up your English some eh?

artifacts
Treant

Postby artifacts » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:03 am

Saint will have nothing to do now LMAO no one to snitch/report on haha

Hyo
Basic Tree

Postby Hyo » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:07 am

Well, after being mentioned a couple times, guess it's my time now too eh.. Been thinking for a while on what to write (given my previous internal affairs), and whether i should mention it or not .. so here it goes:

Although this decision wasn't a shock (given the current state of ENT over the last months), it's still sad to see it happening (even if expected) - I might not be an active member of ENT anymore, but i was in the past (also a moderator for ENT), so it's always sad to see something you invested time shutdown at some point. I won't bash or shame any of the past situations (What happened, is known to who matters, and will remain in the past, as it should be), but i will publicly appreciate some of the members:

Nabo. - Prefer starting with the member i value the most (and who taught me a lot, on many levels): For me, nabo was the best leader ENT ever had, and was a shame when he "disappeared" - He was the perfect example of how a moderator should act/handle things (both publicly & internally), despite the comments that contradict this. He was the person you knew you could always rely on for everything basically, whether it was for help on a case, talk if you needed to, and also inspired many of us (me included) to become moderators and always do the best we could, so for that, he will always have my appreciation, and my thanks for being my Sensei :)

Seri - He was quite the latecomer on ENT, but we became good friends, and for sure, he also did an excellent job as a moderator here. A good friend to have & talk to, since his fun personality will eventually lead to some dumb moments; Also have my thanks :)

RadiantCrystal - One of the most passive bobos i ever met: Good friend, excellent moderator, but waaaaaaaaaaaay too slowpoke XD Also taught me how to play LTD (despite my noobness), so you got my thanks :)

Beerlord - One hell of a good moderator & good friend as well, there's nothing negative to mention about him, so that says a lot :)

Kappa - Another interesting member: He did quite an excellent job (given his time on ENT), and shed some light in the darkness :) We became quite good friends over time, and i do regret we not being moderators at the same time - It would have been definitely fun :)

Desire - We werent moderators at the same time (i think), but we became friends quite fast at the time he showed interest in becoming a moderator, and i was proud when he became one; Also knowing i inspired him to become a moderator, is pretty much a self-reward, one that doesnt have a price, so you have my thanks : )

Merex - Another funny person: We pretty much started at the same time (around 2 weeks difference, more or less), and right from the start, we became good friends (alongside Nore/GreatBeyond & Mariah/Isis), and we had each other back on whatever was needed (even on internal conflicts haha :P ); At some point, we did diverge on our opinions about one situation (which lead to some shit decisions), and we parted different ways - We may no longer be the good friends we once were, but i still respect the good times we had, and you also have my thanks for that :)

Art)y - Despite our issues, he was also a good leader for ENT in my honest opinion - He was here for quite long, and endured a lot of stuff (including training moderators, handling ENT issues, amongst others), however the negative aspects of his character did lead to eventually some moderators (me included) arguing at some point, which resulted in some resignations; Anyways, you have my thanks for giving me a chance, and for all the hard work :)

Many others also deserve a special mention (like i3omb, F-Train, MarshMalloonXD, Nore]Juno, Larz, Guennter, WolfWarrior, Stiff_Maistar, Getstomped,Halo_Mauler, ShadowZz, ButtChugTheWine, Matdas, Masamune, Mariah, King23,Amnon, Arii,Hash,Hutzu, EdgeOfChaos - sorry if i forgot anyone xd) but if i stayed here thanking everyone, it would take ages, so sorry for that: You were also good moderators, also good friends of mine during/after our ent times, and was a pleasure working with all of you!

So farewell, was indeed a hell of a ride & thanks everyone for the good times!

PS: Thanks for the mentions - definitely shows that my work here had some impact, and was appreciated :)

Yarragon2
Aura Tree

Postby Yarragon2 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:22 pm

Welp, it was a fun ride boys. Also, I'm glad to see you've changed your security question from "blue" to "Read the banner."

I may have trolled the living crap out of people here, but there were more than a few of you I actually respected.

Braveheart
Resource Storage

Postby Braveheart » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:53 pm

Thanks for all @Hyo and @Beerlord best mods Ent ever had.

Some mods abused !slap command and others banned ppl for maphack (abusive) alone.

Jullie
Resource Storage

Postby Jullie » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:07 pm

Jabba is one of the worst moderator for ent. He is very offensive person. I don't know why ent promoted him to be a leader after arty left. @hyo, I wish to see uon clan fbg and fantom also :P

Yarragon2
Aura Tree

Postby Yarragon2 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:11 pm

Jullie wrote:Jabba is one of the worst moderator for ent. He is very offensive person. I don't know why ent promoted him to be a leader after arty left. @hyo, I wish to see uon clan fbg and fantom also :P

Keep your dirty lies and slander away from the Sloth King. He is BEST MOD.

Return to “Archive”