ENT shutting down

mathiasfreytag
Aura Tree

Re: ENT shutting down

Postby mathiasfreytag » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:31 am

Oh man i just did a post in general discussion without seeing this... Well ill copy it to here

Yo MathiasFreytag (Highallthetime) here..

I download LTD 2 as blizzard made wc3 unplayable for me, i was wondering if anyone playing, add me if so Highallthetime there also..
Most of the people i like here probably dont even care about me as i wasnt very good at ltd, but i miss a lot of people from here, Tantetecklas, Meinert, DDemonio, and a lot of other pp i cant remember very much cause high all the time...
If any one even the ones i dont remember/ dont even know want to add me it would be cool to play together... Im pretty new to the game, it feels very different from LTD 1, imo not as good as the original but still better than wc3 reforged fucking wc3 lol...

LTD 2 feel like less about the mindgames, more about income + hardpush, feel like less strategy needed and faster paced but i'm liking it overall, even tho LTD was far better, it needed much more teamplay, sending + saving was a lot more gamechanging, but np as blizzard fucked up wc3 im having fun over there... I feel im better at ltd 2 than i was in ltd, dunno for someone playing for 2 days, im as good as some 1500 elo players (elo there aint as hard to climb as elo in LTD)... For 2 days of playing is very good.

I hope this isnt against the rules (talking about a game outside ent).. If anyone remembers me and still plays or never met me but want to play together add me there "Highallthetime"

I wish also to thank you all, ent people, LTD people, i meant a lot to me being part of this comunity, i certainly wasnt the best player, but I tried my best, and damn it was very fun, even tho i was blamed sometimes, and sometimes I indeed TK, never intencional but well, i missed some sends and etc... Sorry about the missplays, it was still very fun to play with you people, even the toxic ones, i'm brazilian and for me, damn i like you all! even when speedy and wezy would spam me for doing a different build, it was fun i miss the old LTD, was the game i most liked in life, and even tho i know its possible to play i'm not willing to go back to the long queues... Thank you all

UndeadxAssassin
Armored Tree

Postby UndeadxAssassin » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:40 am

Wow, I'm surprised you guys are still alive. I felt reminiscent and decided to Google my old wc3 username to find some old forums I was a part of and was led to the Ex-staff wiki page for ENT gaming and decided to stop on by again just to see how things were going.

I was here when ENT was just starting up and eventually found my way to be a part of the judiciary team, teaching people how to find maphackers in dota and the like - until I had to leave for school and eventually just didn't have time to do anything else on here. I'm so proud of what you guys had become and how long you guys have lasted, even after wc3 pretty much died out and I'm so privileged to have been able to be a part of its start. Although most of the people whom I've started with have left, I still see some familiar names (Matdas and arty still alive, I see. If you're still the same Matty that I knew, anyway. arty is obviously arty cuz no one else spells his name with a parenthesis). I wish you all the best in your future endeavors, wherever that may lead you. If you're one of the OGs and you still remember me, feel free to hit me up (uakfb?? cyb3rpunk?? Where you guys at. You alive?? Matty??).

nazok
Resource Storage

Postby nazok » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:57 pm

@undeadxassassin . Theres more players online now than last year . ENT dota Ltd HELLhalt

HIGHgency
Basic Tree

Postby HIGHgency » Wed May 06, 2020 5:25 pm

you guy's are really shutting down??

EdteOfChaos2
Forest Walker

Postby EdteOfChaos2 » Thu May 14, 2020 11:53 pm

Well unless this has been an out-of-season april fools joke for the past ~6 months, I'd certainly assume so.

blazeitup
Forest Walker

Postby blazeitup » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:45 am

Im confused... Is it shut down or not?

SWAGwarrior
Basic Tree

Postby SWAGwarrior » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:02 pm

SWAGGGG thank a lot for your support for a long time

aemtelddtel
Aura Tree

Postby aemtelddtel » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:48 pm

shut it down already, the amount of team killers is to much, either you start moderating or shut this shit down.

CatDog00000001
Resource Storage

Postby CatDog00000001 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:33 am

response from the management of ent.
ENT is shutting down and that decision is definitive. Hiring new staff members wont change anything about that.
If you actually believe that the Management - which uak is still part of - would make that decision without consulting him, then you really dont know how ENT works.
For whatever reason you have contacted me and you have received the official response of the management. Let it be.

Astros
ENT Staff

Postby Astros » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:04 am

ENT is basically already shut down. Unfortunate because this coronavirus could have led to a spike in ENT players but it seems like people have already moved on and any chance of restarting it would be too much effort and hassle. The games will still be hosted but gameruiners outside of autobans being banned is slim as well. In short, game quality sucks so don't bother.
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

Bobalhao
Aura Tree

Postby Bobalhao » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:22 am

aemtelddtel wrote:shut it down already, the amount of team killers is to much, either you start moderating or shut this shit down.

You can always play on Battle.net or switch game for good. How about CandyCrush? Maybe Tetris?
What i am trying to say is: if you dont like how games are nowadays, leave! And let those who like how things are to keep playing while ENT is alive. Dont try to rush it's end just because you dream about the old days.

Astros wrote:ENT is basically already shut down. Unfortunate because this coronavirus could have led to a spike in ENT players but it seems like people have already moved on and any chance of restarting it would be too much effort and hassle. The games will still be hosted but gameruiners outside of autobans being banned is slim as well. In short, game quality sucks so don't bother.

I dont think game quality sucks. Before the "shut down", games were SUPER STACKED. The so-called "pro players" would stack all night long playing 1 elo game after another. If you were in the other team, you would play just for playing, knowing you would lose.

Now, at least the "not-so-pro players" have a chance to HAVE FUN, cause thats the goal at playing dota. Not to be a slave to ladders and rankings and elo. The autoshuffle is welcome. The end of the witch-hunt carried out by Falenga (a.k.a "The sadistic"), with the 1-year bans and the humiliating ban appeal sessions, is a HUGE relief.

To confirm what i am saying: ent has more active games nowadays than it had before the shut down, when mods were operating.

And its not covid's "fault".

Leave it as it is: the freeland, the Mad Max's land. It is way more fun than the corean dictatorship it had become. ;)

Astros
ENT Staff

Postby Astros » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:09 am

Bobalhao wrote:
aemtelddtel wrote:shut it down already, the amount of team killers is to much, either you start moderating or shut this shit down.

You can always play on Battle.net or switch game for good. How about CandyCrush? Maybe Tetris?
What i am trying to say is: if you dont like how games are nowadays, leave! And let those who like how things are to keep playing while ENT is alive. Dont try to rush it's end just because you dream about the old days.

Astros wrote:ENT is basically already shut down. Unfortunate because this coronavirus could have led to a spike in ENT players but it seems like people have already moved on and any chance of restarting it would be too much effort and hassle. The games will still be hosted but gameruiners outside of autobans being banned is slim as well. In short, game quality sucks so don't bother.

I dont think game quality sucks. Before the "shut down", games were SUPER STACKED. The so-called "pro players" would stack all night long playing 1 elo game after another. If you were in the other team, you would play just for playing, knowing you would lose.

Now, at least the "not-so-pro players" have a chance to HAVE FUN, cause thats the goal at playing dota. Not to be a slave to ladders and rankings and elo. The autoshuffle is welcome. The end of the witch-hunt carried out by Falenga (a.k.a "The sadistic"), with the 1-year bans and the humiliating ban appeal sessions, is a HUGE relief.

To confirm what i am saying: ent has more active games nowadays than it had before the shut down, when mods were operating.

Leave it as it is: the freeland, the Mad Max's land. It is way more fun than the corean dictatorship it had become. ;)

Of course they have more players. No one is getting banned and it's free. The quality of games are inferior based off the fact that a game-ruiner can simply decide when to ruin a game based on their feelings with minimal chance of being banned. At the end of the day, competitive DotA on ENT doesn't exist and won't. TD games are likely ruined just as much, if not more, when you 'trigger' someone and make them upset. Also, if you don't think people are stuck at home with nothing to do and decide to start back up WC3 or some other games they have, you're kidding yourself. Gaming companies are doing very well right now due to a surge in gamers.

CatDog00000001
Resource Storage

Postby CatDog00000001 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:31 am

Astros wrote:
Bobalhao wrote:

Of course they have more players. No one is getting banned and it's free. The quality of games are inferior based off the fact that a game-ruiner can simply decide when to ruin a game based on their feelings with minimal chance of being banned. At the end of the day, competitive DotA on ENT doesn't exist and won't. TD games are likely ruined just as much, if not more, when you 'trigger' someone and make them upset. Also, if you don't think people are stuck at home with nothing to do and decide to start back up WC3 or some other games they have, you're kidding yourself. Gaming companies are doing very well right now due to a surge in gamers.

Competitive dota on ent never really existed, atleast for pub. There was always throwers and stackers before ent shutdown. and there was too many cheaters and maphackers scores . banning didnt always fix the problem. autoshuffle makes it more competitve now than before . There is the autoban system to prevent leavers and internet disconnection. https://entgaming.net/openstats/bans/ dozens of players are updated for quality games.

Astros
ENT Staff

Postby Astros » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:27 pm

CatDog00000001 wrote:
Astros wrote:
Bobalhao wrote:You can always play on Battle.net or switch game for good. How about CandyCrush? Maybe Tetris?

Competitive dota on ent never really existed, atleast for pub. There was always throwers and stackers before ent shutdown. and there was too many cheaters and maphackers scores . banning didnt always fix the problem. autoshuffle makes it more competitve now than before . There is the autoban system to prevent leavers and internet disconnection. https://entgaming.net/openstats/bans/ dozens of players are updated for quality games.

I'm talking years ago, not just pre-COVID19. Back when ENT had many top players and game-ruiners were banned appropriately in a relatively short period. Banning fixed a lot of problems. All the good players have abandoned ENT so autoshuffle is meaningless. It's competitive because the average skill of DotA players on ENT is subpar and thus, subpar players vs subpar players = competitive. That doesn't make it a high level game. Autoban is useless. The gameruiners can easily circumvent through that and unless they are manually banned, they can break as many rules as they wish to before anyone looks through it. Pub games used to be very competitive and were higher quality (3-5 years ago) when every game had high level players. It only recently became an issue where 3-5 players stacked a team. Since the higher skilled players left, the very few that remained all knew each other and thus, they stacked every game. Back then, you had more skilled players in general so stacking a game wasn't as prevalent or as easy.

pinheadlarry
Forest Walker

Postby pinheadlarry » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:20 am

Banter Boi, you seem like you'd be one of those dudes who try to predict the rapture but are butt-hurt when the world doesn't end. The fact that you keep coming around ENT tells me things gotta be pretty good, maybe even better since you keep trying to frantically get ENT to leave like a grindr match on the morning of a day where your parents are going to stop by.

Astros wrote:No one is getting banned and it's free.

Um evidence determines that is a lie.

Merex_And_Pinhead_Officially_Breakup_And_Merex _Wins_Fully_Custody_Of_The_Kids.JPG
Merex_And_Pinhead_Officially_Breakup_And_Merex _Wins_Fully_Custody_Of_The_Kids.JPG (51.17 KiB) Viewed 19824 times

Bobalhao wrote: It is way more fun than the corean dictatorship it had become.

That would be cool if this is true and ENT has changed over the past few months. Prior to that, ENT went from an opaque ban system that had more interpretive rules then a router firewall at Facebook's headquarters, to a Soviet-style gulag ban system.

Oh and if you are wondering how I got a 1 year ban, I can tell you it was not for dodging or maphack, however it is pretty unbelievable. So rather than telling you directly I will give you two scenarios but only 1 is true. I will leave it up to you to figure out which unbelievable story is actually true.

Scenario 1: Solo sending some dinos to get income up in legion TD (first time offense)

Scenario 2: <removed due to being inappropriate>

But I look forward to getting out of ENT's Auschwitz where I have been using taking the "Arbeit macht frei" slogan to heart and using my new time to finish my graduate degree. See you all in 2021!
Last edited by Unitil on Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed inappropriate content

Return to “Archive”