ENT shutting down

News about Enterprise Gaming.
Yarragon2
Resource Storage
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:20 pm

Re: ENT shutting down

Postby Yarragon2 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:19 am

EdteOfChaos2 wrote:Range bans were a necessity to fight against the more persistent efforts of some ruiners. There are legitimate complaints about the moderation, but this isn't one of them. Innocents were always whitelisted.

Like Yarragon, I saw the some of the same issues you did and agreed on a lot of it. As did almost all of the "regulars" who I was friends with. But what we didn't do is ruin games and ask Blizzard to shut down ENT.


never once did I ruin a game, and any and all of the bans on my account are largely subjective within the context. Read: av1on banned me for "tk" when all I did was auto attack a team mate a few times to stop him from auto attacking stuff I built to help a noob titan player, instead of just killing him within 2 minutes of the game starting because he didn't take his invisibility skill.

Half of the issues brought up by the "regulars" got ignored and responded to with the copy-pasta bullshit, or was sent down from the "big names" as a defense for what was going on. Some of the former mods had straight up told me "Oh I have to say / do this otherwise it'll make [person] look bad, and if he looks bad the rest of us do. I don't even agree here man." Thus, I made sure the issues I felt were relevant were looked at by abusing them until someone took a look at it / making a ruckus.

I'm pretty confident if I had actually followed protocol and been a good little citizen I could have even been a mod myself, but I never actually cared that much. The analogy I used when Kappa started moderating was I chose to sit on the beach and watch under my umbrella all the shit roll in, he chose to jump into the ocean of bullshit and take it on head first. That, and I couldn't resist calling out stupid shit... or stupid people.

User avatar
lex-
Aura Tree
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:29 pm

Re: ENT shutting down

Postby lex- » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:31 pm

@yarrangon2
Go fuck your self. You are the only one who was reported ent to blizzard. It is sad when ent shutting down because of some silly kids like you always fucking complaint and bitch about ent. You don't even pay nothing to play the game on ent community and all those mods spent their time to help out with $0 dollar. Now you can go play bnet and nobody ban you or you can leave anytime without a ban.

Yarragon2
Resource Storage
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:20 pm

Re: ENT shutting down

Postby Yarragon2 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:38 pm

lex- wrote:@yarrangon2
Go fuck your self. You are the only one who was reported ent to blizzard. It is sad when ent shutting down because of some silly kids like you always fucking complaint and bitch about ent. You don't even pay nothing to play the game on ent community and all those mods spent their time to help out with $0 dollar. Now you can go play bnet and nobody ban you or you can leave anytime without a ban.

Take this guy for example, thinking I'm the reason for the shut down, and that Blizzard cares about this place at all now that all but 20-30 people have moved over after the patch. How can you be that dumb and not expect me to call him dumb?

Sylvanas
Treant Protector
Posts: 974
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:56 am
Been thanked: 159 times

Re: ENT shutting down

Postby Sylvanas » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:57 am

Yarragon2 wrote:
lex- wrote:@yarrangon2
Go fuck your self. You are the only one who was reported ent to blizzard. It is sad when ent shutting down because of some silly kids like you always fucking complaint and bitch about ent. You don't even pay nothing to play the game on ent community and all those mods spent their time to help out with $0 dollar. Now you can go play bnet and nobody ban you or you can leave anytime without a ban.

Take this guy for example, thinking I'm the reason for the shut down, and that Blizzard cares about this place at all now that all but 20-30 people have moved over after the patch. How can you be that dumb and not expect me to call him dumb?

Why are you asking, did anyone ask you not to call that random person dumb? Anyhow, congratulations on comparing favorably to him (and absolutely no one else). All are in awe at your mental prowess.

With this in mind, it's no wonder you urged your close friend/soulless corporate entity Blizzard Activision to somehow shut down ENT's private server. How was that even supposed to work? How does it make any damn sense? Who knows? Must have been something only your superior intellect could understand.

Seriously, how can you be so dumb? It's hard to believe so much idiocy could fit inside a weasel or rat, yet there you are.

Yarragon2
Resource Storage
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:20 pm

Re: ENT shutting down

Postby Yarragon2 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:19 am

Sylv, please stop talking before you hurt yourself. I can see the smoke forming in your "clever" attempts to corner me.

User avatar
Haunt
Oversight Staff
Posts: 4419
Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 9:19 pm
Has thanked: 71 times
Been thanked: 94 times

Re: ENT shutting down

Postby Haunt » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:13 am

Okey guys, that’s enough. No more off topic, please.

THR
Forest Walker
Posts: 189
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:53 am
Location: toronto
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: ENT shutting down

Postby THR » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:40 pm

TY FOR LETTING ME PLAY CHEN IN HERE !!!

i love you guys , even the haters !

i red @hazardous post and i had a tear thinking about the nostalgie

PCE EVERYONE , if u see a noob chen in your game , its probably me !!!

Prime
Armored Tree
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:28 pm

Re: ENT shutting down

Postby Prime » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:02 pm

Thanks for everything.

It's a free service you ran it better than most companies. It might not have been perfect... but ENT has been pretty damn awesome. Not sure where I'll play HELL TD or dota anymore :-(

User avatar
Kappa
Plague Treant
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:07 am
Location: USA
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 84 times

Re: ENT shutting down

Postby Kappa » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:26 pm

DotA Players: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=143728

If LTD players wanted a similar system set-up it is possible to do.
Cheers!

White Bishop
Resource Storage
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:51 am

Re: ENT shutting down

Postby White Bishop » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:40 pm

I'm a semi-late edition to this community, but love playing Legion Tower Defense here.

Sorry to see it go, really.

Where are the other Legion TD addicts going from here? Legion TD 2 on steam? Just staying here, damn the torpedoes? Or something else?

Yarragon2
Resource Storage
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:20 pm

Re: ENT shutting down

Postby Yarragon2 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:37 pm

White Bishop wrote:I'm a semi-late edition to this community, but love playing Legion Tower Defense here.

Sorry to see it go, really.

Where are the other Legion TD addicts going from here? Legion TD 2 on steam? Just staying here, damn the torpedoes? Or something else?


They're too busy freaking out as of yet about the loss of stats to come to a decision as a group on where to go, but as Kappa has pointed out, it's possible to track stats and form "leagues" on battle net. So for now, I'd say your best bet is to move over there and wait until something comes up that's close to or similar enough that it gains interest.

hyphen
Basic Tree
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:16 am

Re: ENT shutting down

Postby hyphen » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:22 am

Very sad to see Ent go. Feels like it's finally the end of an era with WC3 although I am curious how Reforged will be.
Grew up playing WC3/dota 1 and it's still probably my favorite game.

Thanks for all Ent has provided over the years and to all that made it possible.
Any idea when the bots will officially get shut down??

nicolai123
Treant
Posts: 391
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Islamic State
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 37 times
Contact:

Re: ENT shutting down

Postby nicolai123 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:41 am

This is so sad..

User avatar
oxoDus
Treant
Posts: 283
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:41 am
Location: Lithuania
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: ENT shutting down

Postby oxoDus » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:02 pm

All good things eventually come to an end. Many thanks for creating a wonderful atmosphere for such an old school game.
El Psy Congaroo

kasper699
Treant
Posts: 323
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:39 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: ENT shutting down

Postby kasper699 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:54 am

Kappa wrote:DotA Players: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=143728

If LTD players wanted a similar system set-up it is possible to do.



possible if you know what your doing/ how to do it


Return to “News and Updates”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests