gproxy refuses to connect to anything besides worthless shitty europe

Technical Support topics will be moved here when they are Resolved.

Moderators: Oversight Staff, Processing Staff

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

gproxy refuses to connect to anything besides worthless shitty europe

Postby Sylvanas » Sun May 27, 2018 1:01 am

I just dropped for no reason from yet another shitty game and I haven't been able to connect to east with gproxy. I changed the dll file like it was explained when I re-downloaded it and it only connects to fucking europe anyway. What the hell do I do now? Thanks.

https://imgur.com/a/zzHTCJo

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Re: gproxy refuses to connect to anything besides worthless shitty europe

Postby Unitil » Sun May 27, 2018 1:35 am

First and foremost, would recommend downloading the new .cfg file on our wiki.
The new file contains the new placeholders for each realm.

1. Delete the pre-existing GProxy.cfg file from your installation folder
  2. Download the new .cfg file from our wiki
  3. Place new .cfg file into your installation directory
  4. Edit the new file with notepad, and change it to the listed server for useast
  5. Save and close the document
  6. Relaunch Warcraft III and be sure GProxy is selected

If the above does not work, I'd recommend re-downloading all GProxy files from the wiki and starting fresh from those newly downloaded files.

Let us know if you continue to have problems.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sun May 27, 2018 1:57 am

I re-downloaded everything and the text file is different this time, so maybe I had used outdated links the other time. I'm having the same problem though. I tried Azeroth (U.S. East) and connect-use.classic.blizzard.com and it's still only connecting to europe. If I destroyed all of europe, would gproxy default to a different server?

https://imgur.com/a/vN1eGn7

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Sun May 27, 2018 2:55 am

Azeroth (U.S. East) is only an identifier for the individual trying to pick what realm they'd like to connect to. You would need to use connect-use.classic.blizzard.com to connect to your desired realm.

After, you should have an option for "GProxy" under your realm list in-game (magnifying glass beside "Battle.net"). Make sure this is selected, and connect to battle.net. The realm when logging in should be listed as your computers name, however, it should be connecting to battle.net using GProxy DLL under USEast if setup properly.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sun May 27, 2018 3:14 am

Unitil wrote:Azeroth (U.S. East) is only an identifier for the individual trying to pick what realm they'd like to connect to. You would need to use connect-use.classic.blizzard.com to connect to your desired realm.

After, you should have an option for "GProxy" under your realm list in-game (magnifying glass beside "Battle.net"). Make sure this is selected, and connect to battle.net. The realm when logging in should be listed as your computers name, however, it should be connecting to battle.net using GProxy DLL under USEast if setup properly.

I had tried both and I was using gproxy before the new patches, so I know how to use it.

Here is how I always end up in Europe, step by step

https://imgur.com/a/CII4J45
https://imgur.com/a/ueBIlVR
https://imgur.com/a/C321aOK
https://imgur.com/a/FlJpGPp

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Sun May 27, 2018 4:14 am

Hm... interesting, I can only suggest a few things as I've not run into this issue before.

1. If you're launching the game via a shortcut, make sure you do not have two installations of Warcraft III on your computer.
  2. Try deleting the "Battle.net Gateways" from your registry editor

Code: Select all

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III
  3. Try removing Warcraft III completely from your computer. After, reinstall using the latest installer:
    https://battle.net/download/getInstallerForGame?os=win&version=LIVE&gameProgram=WARCRAFT_3
  4. Try using Warcraft III on a different user account on your windows operating system

If it works, let us know. As noted, I have not encountered this issue with other individuals yet.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sun May 27, 2018 5:04 am

Not 1, 2 didn't work, 3 and 4 sound like too much effort, maybe I'll try tomorrow. I don't know why I'm the only one getting this problem, maybe someone else has an idea? Thanks for helping.

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:09 pm

@Sylvanas

Still an issue?

If worse comes to worse, try using gproxy varlock if you're still experiencing issues. Requires more work to use, but overall should function as a reconnection tool.

Alternatively, there is also ENTConnect.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:36 am

Unitil wrote:@Sylvanas

Still an issue?

If worse comes to worse, try using gproxy varlock if you're still experiencing issues. Requires more work to use, but overall should function as a reconnection tool.

Alternatively, there is also ENTConnect.

Yes, it still refuses not to connect to Europe. Isn't varlock the one where I had to join games from a list in the local area network menu after searching for them in a separate tiny black chat box? In that case no, I'm not that desperate. I think I'm just not gonna get either.

Is "connection closed by remote host" even something gproxy can help with? This is the only problem I have. Occasionally I'll just drop without warning and without losing connection. Anyhow, feel free to close.

@Unitil

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:47 am

What you've mentioned is being disconnected from the bot. Only method for resolving that is to use a reconnection tool, be it any of the three linked/mentioned below.

@Sylvanas

Having an unstable internet connection or a high risk of lagging out? Are you tired of losing a won game because you disconnected?
    Do not worry, there are solutions to solve your problem!
    • ENT Connect is a on LAN connection based reconnection tool (no cd-keys needed).
    • GProxy++(Varlock) is a reconnection tool for the battle.net with an external prompt.
    • GProxy++ DLL is a reconnection plugin for battle.net (Recommended).
    For technical issues or questions, post a topic in the technical support forum.

Unitil
    Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:47 pm

Has this been solved yet?

@Sylvanas

If the problem persists, you can always consider moving your server/stats to the europe realm.
    This would allow you to use Gproxy DLL.

The only difference between the two servers is the battle.net server location. It does not affect the bot itself (ping wise), as that is governed by our bots location.

Sylvanas
    Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:52 am

Unitil wrote:Has this been solved yet?

@Sylvanas

If the problem persists, you can always consider moving your server/stats to the europe realm.
    This would allow you to use Gproxy DLL.

The only difference between the two servers is the battle.net server location. It does not affect the bot itself (ping wise), as that is governed by our bots location.

@Unitil

It's not solved and I'm not willing to switch over to europe because my b.net friends are on east. I decided to just not use gproxy for the time being, since I only get dropped in rare occurrences (hasn't happened since the time before making this thread). Since no one else seems to be getting this or to know how to solve it, you can close this thread. Thanks for trying to help though.

Unitil
    Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:23 am

Processing.

Return to “Processed Support Cases”