cant host on ENT.

Technical Support topics will be moved here when they are Resolved.

Moderators: Oversight Staff, Processing Staff

-Draevhan-
Basic Tree

cant host on ENT.

Postby -Draevhan- » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:08 am

Hi i am unable to host any games. i follow all the steps when ask to fill out the details however the game never gets hosted. The site says that the game has been hosted but when i try to join on battle.net i get the message saying either the name is incorrect or the host canceled the game.
i have also looked on the game tab and it never gets hosted on there, i also have the issue where if i want to join someone else's game i need to turn off my firewall.

thanks

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Re: cant host on ENT.

Postby Unitil » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:54 pm

Hi @-Draevhan-,

Hosting has been known to require 5~10 attempts on average for it to successfully host on the ENT bots.

Here are some things you can try/keep in mind while trying to host:
1. Ensure you are checking the games list at the same time you're hosting your game. Unless it is listed on the following link it is not actually hosted and available to join.
games.php
2. Hosting may require you to do it 5 ~ 10 times in a row for it to be actually hosted. This is a known issue, and the best work around at the moment is multiple attempts at hosting.
3. Some servers have difficulties connecting to ENT games. If your game is listed on the ENT Games list, but you're unable to join, then try switching your server to see if you're able to join the game. Alternatively you can always try switching the hosting server as well (Best luck I've had is with the Europe/NY server currently. Atlanta has a few working bots also)

Hopefully this helps you get your games setup more consistently.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following is my opinion and may not help you solve your issue with your firewall
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler!
With regards to your issue joining other peoples games, you may have an port issue under your Advanced Firewall Settings since you've noted the issue is only present while you firewall is active.

Go to Control Panel => System and Security => Windows Firewall => Advanced Settings

From here, make sure you're clicked on "Inbound Rules" and scroll down till you see "Warcraft III".
You should have two rules in place, one is for UDP and the other is TCP. This allows connections through your firewall for the specified program. If it is not active, then it is more than likely blocking the connection attempts.

If it is there and active then you can basically disregard what I've said above as I am unaware to your issue.

If it is not there, and you need help with setting up the rules for your Windows Firewall let me know, alternatively you can try out these links I've found that give you a general overview of how to setup your firewalls etc.
1. https://us.battle.net/support/en/articl ... stom-games

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Re: cant host on ENT.

Postby Jabba41 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:51 am

@-Draevhan- No response, feel free to repost if the issue still occurs.
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

Return to “Processed Support Cases”