Disconnected

Technical Support topics will be moved here when they are Resolved.

Moderators: Oversight Staff, Processing Staff

cheds
Basic Tree

Disconnected

Postby cheds » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:53 am

Hello,

For some reason, a lot of times I play an ENT game and I get disconnected. Any suggestions? It doesn't seem to happen on other servers.

Thanks!

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Re: Disconnected

Postby Unitil » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:09 am

What platform are you playing on?

If you're on official servers, have you considered using GProxy if you're not using it already?"
GProxy is a reconnection tool to help prevent you from sudden lag spikes that auto-disconnect you from the game as you've lost connection to the host. If you're playing on ENT bots (other bots usually included), disconnect protection is enabled if you are using GProxy.

If you're interested, GProxy DLL gets placed into your installation folder and after configuring the GProxy.cfg to select your server, you can start using it.

Here are a couple link to get you started:
http://www.mymgn.com/gproxy/ (Official site for Gproxy DLL)
or
http://wiki.entgaming.net/index.php?title=Gproxy_DLL (Links are up to date)

Once you've placed it into your folder, and you've configured the .cfg file all you have to do is launch WC3. Ensure you've selected GProxy as your server, and logon to battle.net per normal. The only difference now is that Gproxy is enabled, and this should help with you disconnecting from games.

Do note that Desync and Disconnect are two different situations, and Gproxy only helps with the latter of the two.

Hopefully this has been helpful.

cheds
Basic Tree

Postby cheds » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:23 pm

Awesome, thank you so much for the Unitil! I'll give it a shot and see how Gproxy works. Now that you mention it, I sometime get the desync notice and I'm disconnected a few seconds after that. What's that all about?

I've got a screenshot of what happens if that would help but not sure how to pose the image.

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:03 pm

Desync was pretty common when the first 1.28.x patch was released. Sometimes maps have issues that causes some players to desync with the active game.

Example://
Green Circle TD Mega on wave 20 if you build anything it causes you to desync from the game, and in the end cause you to leave in general.

Sometimes the issues are present with the map, and they need to be patched, or as theorized at the start it could be the differences between 1.27b and 1.28.x and the way their file systems look.

Regardless, hope you don't disconnect anymore and GL. :)

cheds
Basic Tree

Postby cheds » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:43 pm

Thanks again for all your help. I'm still having issues but have yet to set up GProxy.

Sorry, this may be a stupid question but how do I configure the cfg. file once it's in the folder? Knock on wood, I've haven't had any issues with the desync. Although, I am now banned for a couple of days for my drops (I guess these appear as leaving?)

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:49 am

If you got dropped due to desync, and you have quite awhile on your bid then why not try out a ban appeal. The worst that happens is they deny the request and you serve out the rest of your ban.

With regards to opening the cfg file, just right click the file and click "Open With..." and select notepad. Just need to switch out the server as noted in the file.

Hopefully that helps.

cheds
Basic Tree

Postby cheds » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:00 pm

Awesome, thank you! Hopefully this helps. I was just disconnected from a game when Tiny attacked me early on. I don't get it. I'll give it a shot, thanks again!

random1
Basic Tree

Postby random1 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:41 pm

I also get disconnected a lot when I play legion td.
Im playing on a macbook, anything I can do?

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:33 pm

@random1
It is my understanding that Gproxy DLL is windows based and would not work on a Mac system. I did a quick google search, and some people made reference to a Mac version of Gproxy, however, all links pointing to that software is outdated and not available. In addition to that, it would appear that it was being fixed for 1.27b from my search on google (meaning 1.28.x not supported).

ENTConnect does support the same features as the Gproxy DLL, however, it requires your game to be patched to 1.27b (or 1.27a). In addition to this you'd have to mess with some of your Java settings to ensure you're able to use the ENT Connect site with java.

If you're interested in that let me know, and i may look into the Mac setup for ENT Connect.

matdas
ENT Staff

Postby matdas » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:46 pm

Unitil wrote:What platform are you playing on?

If you're on official servers, have you considered using GProxy if you're not using it already?"
GProxy is a reconnection tool to help prevent you from sudden lag spikes that auto-disconnect you from the game as you've lost connection to the host. If you're playing on ENT bots (other bots usually included), disconnect protection is enabled if you are using GProxy.

If you're interested, GProxy DLL gets placed into your installation folder and after configuring the GProxy.cfg to select your server, you can start using it.

Here are a couple link to get you started:
http://www.mymgn.com/gproxy/ (Official site for Gproxy DLL)
or
http://wiki.entgaming.net/index.php?title=Gproxy_DLL (Links are up to date)

Once you've placed it into your folder, and you've configured the .cfg file all you have to do is launch WC3. Ensure you've selected GProxy as your server, and logon to battle.net per normal. The only difference now is that Gproxy is enabled, and this should help with you disconnecting from games.

Do note that Desync and Disconnect are two different situations, and Gproxy only helps with the latter of the two.

Hopefully this has been helpful.

This answers your question about disconnects. Use g-proxy to help you stay connected to Ent games.

Return to “Processed Support Cases”