Can't join my own games

Technical Support topics will be moved here when they are Resolved.

Moderators: Oversight Staff, Processing Staff

OIYIG
Resource Storage

Can't join my own games

Postby OIYIG » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:04 pm

When I host a game it says its hosted on the ent page, but when I try to join the game, battle.net says that the game doesn't exist. I have no idea what to do. Although I can perfectly fine join other peoples games. This only applies to the game I host with my own ENT account.

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Re: Can't join my own games

Postby Unitil » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:58 am

Hi @OIYIG,

When you're trying to host, are you looking at this following link to see if the game is listed?
LINK : https://entgaming.net/forum/games.php

If the game is not listed there, your game is not actually hosted.

Also, what server are you connecting from? and what hosting server have you selected?
There are a few bots that are unavailable on some select servers as they have not properly connected.

Here are a few things to keep in mind while attempting to host:
1. Ensure you are checking the games list at the same time you're hosting your game. Unless it is listed on the following link it is not actually hosted and available to join.
https://entgaming.net/forum/games.php
2. Hosting may require you to do it 5 ~ 10 times in a row for it to be actually hosted. This is a known issue, and the best work around at the moment is multiple attempts at hosting.
3. Some servers have difficulties connecting to ENT games. If your game is listed on the ENT Games list, but you're unable to join then try switching the server you are connecting from. Alternatively you can try switching your hosting server (Best luck I've had is with the Atlanta server currently. There are a few NY bots that work also)

OIYIG
Resource Storage

Postby OIYIG » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:29 am

@unitill I use northrend europe to connect to the bots which works perfectly fine when I connect to other people, also i've tried hosting with everybot. And yes I am using the link to check if the game is hosted. Before I try to join the game I check the link to see if my game is there and it does display on the site that the game has been hosted, as i've said before it's specifically only for my host that I can't join.

JibberJabber
Basic Tree

Postby JibberJabber » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:31 pm

Can't Host anything either. Really Frustrated with the crummy system... Please fix your bots.

Tal
Resource Storage

Postby Tal » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:30 am

Really hope you guys fix this problem soon and the games not getting hosted/joinable.

DeltaProxima
Basic Tree

Postby DeltaProxima » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:44 am

The issue is causing truble for some time, tho nobody seems to check that problem out :(

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:30 pm

@JibberJabber @Tal @DeltaProxima Have you tried joining from different realms and using different accounts than the one used for hosting?
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

JibberJabber
Basic Tree

Postby JibberJabber » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:36 am

Yes i have tried multiple realms and have used many accounts. All of which do not work. I recommend you check your bots. I'm also having issues on MMH now and as it seems most people are because games go up and no one joins because they can't connect via battle.net. This bot problem on ENT though is way past cancerous as i mentioned above it takes me many many times aprox 10-15 minutes to get my game hosted on the NY Server and atlanta doesn't work at all for me nor any other one on any other realm. Only one i can get to work is US@East on battle.net with NY Server and that takes multiple tries. Any advice? I think its on your end. Though this has been going on for months now. It seems to be getting worse.

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:14 am

Hi @JibberJabber,

It's a known issue that the player hosted bots are not all connected to every realm. There is no ETA announced for a fix at this point in time.

Recently, ENT Gaming released a Bot Status page that shows all current/active bots, and what realms they are connected to. If you're having issues joining your game, you can reference the Bot Status page and find the bot hosting your game to see if it connected to your realm. If the bot is not connected to your realm you will not be able to join your game. You will need to either wait out the 2-minute unhost timer or switch to a different realm if available.

With regards to MMH, there are a few bots that were affected by the 1.28.5 patch. I've noted what bots are offline per realm on the discord if you're interested in seeing.

Hopefully that helps.

bezdak
Corrupted Treant

Postby bezdak » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:56 pm

Issue is known and will be fixed ASAP.
Processing.
"Flame don´t make people play better" - Wolke

Return to “Processed Support Cases”