Unable to host a map.

Technical Support topics will be moved here when they are Resolved.

Moderators: Oversight Staff, Processing Staff

Holymond
Forest Walker

Unable to host a map.

Postby Holymond » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:13 pm

This map Kungfu Wuxia Defense was uploaded to ent, but I cannot host it. The game doesn't appear on ent game list. Can anyone else host it? What's the problem?

bezdak
Corrupted Treant

Re: Unable to host a map.

Postby bezdak » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:39 pm

Hello @Holymond
First, add the map to your personal map list here by clicking on the "add" button to the right of your desired map. After that you should be able to host it.
"Flame don´t make people play better" - Wolke

Holymond
Forest Walker

Postby Holymond » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:21 pm

I already added it, that was why I created a thread lol.

bezdak
Corrupted Treant

Postby bezdak » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:00 am

@Holymond sorry, I've misread "game doesn't appear" for "map doesn't appear". This post might solve your issue.

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:17 am

@bezdak @Holymond

Guess i should've chimed in my response for this earlier (kinda forgot to earlier), but there seems to be an issue with the map that is uploaded to the ENT/MMH databases, that does not allow the map to actually be hosted.

This map may need to be re-uploaded for it to be playable.

Here is some text from Maize on discord in the MMH channel.
Maize wrote:someone should reupload Kungfu Wuxia Defense.w3x.. it doesnt seem to work
same goes for FarmerVsHunterR-V35.w3x, Fairy Tale v5.7.B Any.w3x, Hero Push 3.4_p.w3x

Hopefully that helps.
These users thanked the author Unitil for the post:
bezdak (Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:42 am)

Holymond
Forest Walker

Postby Holymond » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:49 pm

I will try reuploading it

Holymond
Forest Walker

Postby Holymond » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:01 pm

Ok, I just reuploaded the map, still unable to host it.

Lion_Blood
Resource Storage

Postby Lion_Blood » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:31 pm

Just look at the bot status page. https://entgaming.net/status.php Most of their bots are down. ENT is dead, their bots are 85% garbage and not functioning. When you try to use the sites host feature it throws you onto a bot that is disconnected/down. I've said it before and ill say it again, ENT is DEAD/CRAP. Fix your bots or take them all down and remove the host feature all together! :evil:

p.s. i speak for the silent majority! Its known fact that your bots are now Broken/Garbage and that your bans are absurd.

bezdak
Corrupted Treant

Postby bezdak » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:21 pm

@Lion_Blood
Over 20 thousand of games are hosted on ENT every week. These are statistics that doesn't seem like a dead community. However if you're not satisfied with the situation, you got two options:
1. If you believe you can fix the bot issue, feel free to show us what you can do and help us fix the problem
2. Nobody is holding you here, you're free to find another community that suits your needs

If you were speaking for the majority, there wouldn't be thousands of players playing every day here. Also your argument "fix or shut down the whole thing" makes absolutely zero sense.

Lion_Blood
Resource Storage

Postby Lion_Blood » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:00 pm

Are you daft? How does that make zero sense? Do you just not comprehend that when someone tries to host a game there is a 15.79% / 100% chance that you might actually get your game hosted off of the https://entgaming.net/link/host.php for Atlanta/NY? Being that there is 19 bots total for US@East battle.net Atlanta and New York and only 3 are fully operational. You take the 19 bots and divide by 3 you get 6.33 you take the 6.33 and divide that into 100 you end up with 15.79. That is the percent chance of getting your bot hosted through that method. Now when i try whispering the bot on battle.net like you guys have recommended it does not respond to my messages. YES I have configured it properly, and picked which realm I'm on but it still does not work. Your status's clearly show it. So i am NOT alone in this issue.

The Solution is simple, remove the bots that are offline from your GHost++ panel or whatever you use to display them until they get new cd keys / updates in their coding for the patch.

GHost++ Configuration is not hard to handle, it would take someone less than 8 hours time to fix all the bots if they still have CD keys and arty did not rip them from here to put into MMH.

So please either 1 fix your configuration files, or give me access to the computer / files so i can do it. ("feel free to show us what you can do and help fix the problem.)

Those are your options, must i spell it out more for you?

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:15 pm

@Holymond

Do you have an external download link for this file?
Also, how old is this map? Couldn't find reference to it on google.

------------------------------

The below is directed to @Lion_Blood
Spoiler!
Please try and stay on topic, if you are having issues of your own, you're more than welcome to post your own topic. This thread was meant for one specific map which seems to be having issues being hosted in general (this includes MMH/ENT).

With regards to what you've noted above,

I highly recommend you join the discord for it's #public-news as they tend to update discord more often than their other platforms.

aRt)Y on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 wrote:Currently not working private hosting bots are getting shut down in order to avoid unnecessary waiting queues. We are working on fixing them though.

Currently, all bots only hosting on EuroBattle.net have been taken offline to help alleviate the issues with getting one of the few bots hosting across all realms (ENTHosting3/18/19). The needed repairs to the bots that were taken offline is on their radar, however, it takes time to complete said repairs.

All Staff members are volunteers, and the free time they put into the community is of their own accord. They should not be expected to be made available 24/7 when they have their own lives to worry about. The amount of time they put in to review ban appeals/requests, suggestions, etc. is quite impressive due to the amount of people using their platform, and are posting on the forum every day.

This platform remains open/free due to the generous donations from the community, and anything personally invested from the staff. There are operating costs, however, this platform remains free-to-use and has an awesome Staff that donate their time to keep the community alive.

Lion_Blood wrote:Now when i try whispering the bot on battle.net like you guys have recommended it does not respond to my messages. YES I have configured it properly, and picked which realm I'm on but it still does not work. Your status's clearly show it. So i am NOT alone in this issue.

Hosting has been known to take 5~10 attempts to host your game properly, and I will always recommend hosting through your browser versus your in-game client as it is superior in a lot of ways
  • Easy to access list of added maps; so you can select your map, and host a game much faster. (No need to memorize load codes)
  • No need to memorize/type in multiple commands to host your game.
  • Easy access to the full games list; this allows you to see if your game is truly hosted
  • No dealing with bugs introduced by Blizzard to their server code
My last point above is related to the whisper bug Blizzard introduced in the 1.28.x patches, and have yet to fix. There is nothing that ENT can do themselves as it's entirely on Blizzard's end.

Lion_Blood wrote:ENT is dead, their bots are 85% garbage and not functioning. ~ ... ~ Fix your bots or take them all down and remove the host feature all together! :evil:

Just because one limb doesn't function properly, you don't cut off the head to fix the issue at hand.

The temporary fix of putting a number of bots offline has already been implemented, and there is no need to shut down the entire private/player hosting option due to a persons issue with the hosting function. The private/personal hosting option is a free-to-use feature, and gives players the ability to host stable games.

If you don't like how a feature is functioning you're entitled to do the following:
  • Don't use the feature, and find another community that is doing the same thing
  • Report the issue, and suggest a potential fix
  • Find a work around to get your games hosted, while they attempt to get the situation resolved
If you did not pick any of the options above, you're wasting a number of people's time with your comments.

TL;DR Just read, if you're willing to flame you can read what I've had to say. Got a little tired at the end, so i apologize if it feels like I stepped on your toes. However, your posts really do not benefit/help anything, and they are purely your opinion which do not belong in this specific thread.

Lion_Blood
Resource Storage

Postby Lion_Blood » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:48 pm

Thank you for your response, i will await the fix. Have a good day.

Holymond
Forest Walker

Postby Holymond » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:24 pm

Unitil wrote:@Holymond

Do you have an external download link for this file?
Also, how old is this map? Couldn't find reference to it on google.

Yes, http://www.makemehost.com/ShareMaps/Kun ... efense.w3x

This map is 1 month old.

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:15 am

Ah, now I see why i'm unable to find the map on google (game is in a foreign language).

Not sure why this isn't working on either platform (MMH/ENT), and I don't think i'll be able to help with the issue unfortunately. Map plays under single player and if you manually host the game through the WC3 client on Battle.net.

Did try re-uploading under a different name (even though that seems to have already been attempted), and that seems to not host the game regardless.

Hopefully someone knows what may be happening, and can assist you with trying to get this to work.

Anurabis
Basic Tree

Postby Anurabis » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:27 pm

The issue may be related to the newest update for warcraft 3 since it stores files in a new directory that may or may not influence the bots depending on their code.

Return to “Processed Support Cases”