Classnotfoundexception Java Error.

Technical Support topics will be moved here when they are Resolved.

Moderators: Oversight Staff, Processing Staff

LaughingViper
Basic Tree

Classnotfoundexception Java Error.

Postby LaughingViper » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:32 pm

I have sifted through all the information I could get my hands on and yet this error still persists. Whenever I go to entconnect instead of the usual green box i am greeted by the red exclamation point, upon clicking on it I get the "classnotfoundexception" popup.

I am essentially out of hope and ready to give up on ENT, if anyone has a solution i will gladly attempt it. That being said please do not suggest ANYTHING that has already been put forth on these forums, I will list what I have tried below.

1. Reinstalled Java
2. Reinstalled IE
3. Tried Firefox (old version as the newer ones are not compatable)
4. Used old versions of Java (jre 8u25, jre 8u31)
5. Deleted and re-entered the exceptions into Java Control Panel
6. Reset IE options and re-enabled the Java Scripting under Tools > Internet Settings > Security > Custom
7. Reinstalled and re-patched WCIII (Willing to try anything at this point)
8. Restarted PC after each installation (as some people suggested to do with Java in particular)
9. Spammed f5 (as was suggested on another page)

I am on Windows 8.1, have tried multiple browsers, and can not say exactly when the problem began as I left ENT several months ago due to issues hosting and joining games. I came back primarily to see if that problem had persisted, but was instead greeted with a far worse issue.

It might also be worth mentioning that I had deleted Java after leaving ENT the first time, and installed the newest version upon my first attempt (which was when I first encountered this error.)

bezdak
Corrupted Treant

Re: Classnotfoundexception Java Error.

Postby bezdak » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:10 pm

@LaughingViper Hello,
Have you tried disabling your addons? There is a strong possibility this can be caused by it, try to disable every addon you've got and see if it works.
"Flame don´t make people play better" - Wolke

LaughingViper
Basic Tree

Postby LaughingViper » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:57 am

There were no addons post step 2. As there are no addons (aside from re-enabling java) on a fresh install of Internet Explorer.

I have since used a work around since this issue seems to have no fix.

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:37 am

LaughingViper wrote:I have since used a work around since this issue seems to have no fix.

Good, processing.

Return to “Processed Support Cases”