Not correct, should be fixed.

Technical Support topics will be moved here when they are Resolved.

Moderators: Oversight Staff, Processing Staff

wTc[JediMaster]
Treant Protector

Not correct, should be fixed.

Postby wTc[JediMaster] » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:51 am

viewtopic.php?p=462997#p462997

@HazarDous
You might think that you played "a lot" but just becase you have no clue about what this problem is or capable of listening to your fellows when we explained this dont mean that it's not there so you should remedy this problem. Even more so since the fix is so simple, just lower the timer and it will prob not never have to happen again. And as said it's a bug that comes from when bot setings and map code clash.

Player leaves in 1v1 (should be posible for team games too just more rare) and then the game ends cuz theres just 1 player left. Since the player left be4 the game "was over" the bot see it as a Leave/RQ and triggers the 15 sec. Game ends since theres no need to start another round since the player thats still left in game won the game. Game ends before the 15 sec has passed. And the Leaver cheated his way out of losing elo/score and the winner didnt get anything from winning.

Fix: Lower the timer for having to stay in the game to get the win from 15 to 10 or lower. So that this problem wont occur. Staying passt the Game Over screen & Wating the max posible time able for humans and gods alike is not the fix for this since this is a bug, a problem not just everyday leavers that leave toofast from a game. Game ends theres nothing you as a player ingame can do. You cant force the game to go on for longer so that the timer can pass.

This is mostly how it happends. the 2 players play the game, one of the players is losing and see that he/she has lost the round and/or the game. and dont wait to see the castle beeing destroyed. Leaves the game.
Bot see the player leaving and starts the 15 sec timer.
Castle is destroyed and the game is over.
Game ends and go to endscreen.
timer to get the win is still just on 9or 12 or whatever. And tracks that as the other player leaving the game too. (as he did since the game went to gameover screen, even tho he didnt clicked on F10 "End game / Quit Game" But stayed unti the GameOver options : Quit game or Continue

In this senario theres nothing the winner is able to do to prevent this if it happends it's just pure bad luck.
And in this senario the loser cheats his way away from losing the game since he RQed at the "right moment" and there for triggerd the stay 15 sec & got lucky that the game ended be4 those 15 sec passed.

So to solve this the 15 second timer needs to be lowerd, to prevent abuse from leaving and to give the winners their fair due from winning the game.

So please I ask you do not be ignorant again and just view this as "you have to stay longer" As I just explained for you several times that:
YOU ARE UNABLE TO!

If your building loses power, it is without power, you cant just tell people to "turn your stuff on again" without power to your building it dont matter how much you click the "turn on button"

Well hopefully this is enough explaining to get you & others to understand & solve this problem.

wTc[JediMaster]
Treant Protector

Re: Not correct, should be fixed.

Postby wTc[JediMaster] » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:55 am

@bezdak You should be able to confirm this as I explained this for you aswell some time ago & hoped that explaining for you would be enough "influence" to solve this problem.

Spoiler!
It would be rather shameful & annoying if I had to bribe people for them to do thier job... :S Explaining should be nuf..

HazarDous
Staff Department

Re: Not correct, should be fixed.

Postby HazarDous » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:23 am

Then let me be more clear.

It will not be fixed due to technical difficulties. I will not start playing with stuff I have 0 clue about. Besides, there is a reason the time was set to 15 seconds and not 10 or 5.

For now, it is a no. You can try posting a suggestion which will end up in Awaiting Implementation section, but it will be waiting there for a long period of time.

As for the arrogance, you can keep it for yourself.

Return to “Processed Support Cases”