Current upload limit?

Technical Support topics will be moved here when they are Resolved.

Moderators: Oversight Staff, Processing Staff

I_ext_scrubs
Resource Storage

Current upload limit?

Postby I_ext_scrubs » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:59 pm

With .28 I know you guys increased the limit, but what's the current cap? Asking because few days ago new version of my fav aos was released and it's 131MB, struggling to upload.

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Re: Current upload limit?

Postby Unitil » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:06 pm

@I_ext_scrubs

Do you have a link for the map?

I_ext_scrubs
Resource Storage

Postby I_ext_scrubs » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:12 pm

Gomethegnome
Basic Tree

Postby Gomethegnome » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:05 pm

can anything be done here or is it not possible to upload it? i also play the map often.

null
Donor: Enterprise Exorcist

Postby null » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:00 am

Not an issue with the upload limit. ENT simply can't cope with this type of map (it's chinese).
Discord ID: null#2675

Gomethegnome
Basic Tree

Postby Gomethegnome » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:39 pm

untrue, im fairly sure that if theres a issue with the map it wouldn't break at uploading but would break when trying to host the map itself, the map is fully playable in normal wc3 whenever bots have issues hosting maps you usually need to upload and then attempt to host before you figure out that the map doesnt work for the bot.

edit: for reference, i've tried to add random sound files to a uploadable version of the map (4.8.9 currently already on ent) to make the size the same as 4.9.2 and its now unuploadable making the size a confirmed issue

null

Postby null » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:36 pm

Gomethegnome wrote:untrue, im fairly sure that if theres a issue with the map it wouldn't break at uploading but would break when trying to host the map itself, the map is fully playable in normal wc3 whenever bots have issues hosting maps you usually need to upload and then attempt to host before you figure out that the map doesnt work for the bot.

edit: for reference, i've tried to add random sound files to a uploadable version of the map (4.8.9 currently already on ent) to make the size the same as 4.9.2 and its now unuploadable making the size a confirmed issue

Elaborate on what is untrue regarding my statement. Size should not matter at all. Adding random files to make the map playable? I find this incredibly hard to believe. Removing files to make the map less in size is a different story.

There is maps over 200mb you can host and play, under 200mb which you can host and play. Are you saying, that specific maps are not hostable, however, it can be solved by adding DUMMY files?

Damn I wish this actually was true, we wouldn't have any issues with hosting maps then... darn it.

On a serious note, viewtopic.php?f=166&t=114881&p=467485#p467485

edit: I am starting to think this issue is related to the Warcraft III update (8MB limit to 128MB). Map was not playable due to the size when it exceeded 128mb, once I compacted it to under 128mb, I could load it in LAN.
Last edited by null on Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gomethegnome
Basic Tree

Postby Gomethegnome » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:56 pm

If you read what i wrote properly you would see that what i did was i took a old version (4.8.9) WHICH already is on ent and works, i then added some dummy mp3 files to increase the size of the map to 130 MB, afterwards i attempted to upload it with a different name which doesnt work. also which maps that are 200 MB+ and doesnt use mix files are you talking about? any example would be great.

Also in regards to what you linked, if you actually read what the guy was saying then he wrote that the map wouldn't host not that it wouldn't upload to ENT.
Last edited by Gomethegnome on Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

null

Postby null » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:58 pm

Gomethegnome wrote:If you read what i wrote properly you would see that what i did was i took a old version (4.8.9) WHICH already is on ent and works, i then added some dummy mp3 files to increase the size of the map to 130 MB, afterwards i attempted to upload it with a different name which doesnt work. also which maps that are 200 MB+ and doesnt use mix files are you talking about? any example would be great.

Read my post above, marked it with "EDIT"

Gomethegnome
Basic Tree

Postby Gomethegnome » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:00 pm

Regards to your edit, not sure why it works like that for you, im able to host the one with 130 MB on LAN and even on Bnet.

ill get on discord and discuss this issue with you to not clutter up the chat.

null

Postby null » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:01 pm

See you there.

edit:

So exactly as I thought, I was correct. There are TWO problems.

Whilst the first one is easily fixable by just putting in a file (128mb remover) to the WC3 main directory, the other might prove... to be a bit more difficult.

The second problem, ENT refuses to upload ANY map that exceeds 128mb of data. I fixed and cleaned up the map at question "Aniki or whatever it is called" to be playable. However, if I make this map exceed 128mb - ent will completely reject this map from being uploaded.

But even if ENT makes it possible to upload maps over 128MB, you still will not be able to play - due to the lack of a certain file (128MB limit remover).

Temporary solution is to compact the MPQ altogether. Just send me a DM on Discord if you struggle with this. For your own convenience, I will leave the link for the file right here (128MB Limit Remover (https://goo.gl/qtmSUJ)).

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:05 am

No response, processing.

Return to “Processed Support Cases”