New Bnet update

Technical Support topics will be moved here when they are Resolved.

Moderators: Oversight Staff, Processing Staff

Kirim
Forest Walker

Re: New Bnet update

Postby Kirim » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:24 am

Yeah, totally fucked. I think there will be no coming back from this one.

Vostok_The_Kurd
Aura Tree

Postby Vostok_The_Kurd » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:32 am

the most annoying thing it's the screen resolution, can't change the aspect ratio, it's ridiculous!!, my screen size reduced a lot and all the things look so fcking small, colors are weird, blizzard fucked TFT this time totally.

rico123
Forest Walker

Postby rico123 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:33 am

yeah i tried regedit its rough how it doesnt even work. driving me crazy why would they take that away
Spoiler!
wyd qt -av1on

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:49 am

Vostok_The_Kurd wrote:the most annoying thing it's the screen resolution, can't change the aspect ratio, it's ridiculous!!, my screen size reduced a lot and all the things look so fcking small, colors are weird, blizzard fucked TFT this time totally.

It's 4:3 resolution, wc3's native resolution. This patch was meant to add actual 1920x1080 widescreen (not the stretched out blurry one people use), but they fucked it up like they fucked up every previous patch on release and for now it's a forced 4:3, which is honestly fine as far as Im concerned.

I can't believe you're calling the colors bad, they're so much brighter and the pictures are so much crisper than the greyed out muddy garbage you've gotten yourself used to. I've been playing wc3 for years with black bars on the sides because non-stretched beats stretched full screen any day.

wasted
Resource Storage

Postby wasted » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:41 am

you need to turn fixed aspect off to change the resolution
to wasted

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:01 pm

@NotTodarjr
NotTodarjr wrote:anyone else having issues with the new update? my wc got completely reset, I don't see ENT, don't see gproxy option either

Due to the extensive amount of changes to WC3 with the 1.29 update, GProxy DLL will need to be updated by its developer for it to function with the most recent update.

At this point in time we have updated our bots for 1.29, however, our public hosting bots are still experiencing technical difficulties. This is on our radar, however, there is no ETA for when this will be resolved.

Our autohosted games are readily available, however, there are a number of bugs that were introduced with the 1.29 patch. Please visit the following link for a list of known bugs that we are attempting to keep up-to-date.

https://entgaming.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=126835

--------------------------------------------------------

@untapped
untapped wrote:same here, i think they did banwave all the bots

Bots were not banned, but were offline temporarily as we needed to update the bots on our end for the new patch. Autohosted bots are online and available, however, player hosted games are still experiencing technical difficulties.

See above for more details.

@Vaylen
Vaylen wrote:They broke the game. Can't even start private games with just myself. Crashes immediately. No gproxxy. Half my screen. Can't switch to fixed-ratio for fullscreen mode. No ENT bots.

Why did they need to update a 40 year old game?

This is ridiculous

What map have you attempted to host privately or did you crash as soon as you tried to click the private game option?
Potentially the map has an issue that causes the user to crash.
If it crashes prior to even starting the game, then I'd recommend you forward this bug to blizzard directly, so they are aware and can patch as necessary.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/12790218/

@NamOfGod
NamOfGod wrote:they are such fags for ruining the game. how can we host now?

We are working on bringing back public hosted games for players to use, however, there is no ETA for when this will be resolved.

If you wish, you can setup your router/firewall to allow users to join your public games:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/11642844210

Until we have resolved the problems with the public hosting bots, please be patient.

@ShinraCorp
ShinraCorp wrote:Can't even boot w3..

What error are you experiencing?

Try out one of the following links if you're having problems:
1.29 Post Patch Can't Run Fix
Mac - Warcraft III install stuck at 69%
Windows - Warcraft III install stuck at 65%

Let me know if that helped.

@bruno07
bruno07 wrote:my wc3 screen got smaller after this update.... are you guys having the same issue?

This was introduced with the 1.29 update, and is a featured update. You'll experience the black bars on the side of your screen during menu/load screens, however, you'll have the full widescreen without stretching while in-game.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20762137149?page=4#post-61
Pete Stillwell wrote:The interface wasn't designed to work with modern aspect ratios. To maintain functionality - and not ship a stretched version of the game we all love - the pillar box has been applied in menus.

If you play some games, you'll see widescreen support in all its glory.

Cheers,
Pete

Vaylen wrote:game crashes everytime the dota starts. it says war3 erorr. any fixes?

What platform are you on? Mac? Windows?
I will add it to the following post, and complete some testing to see if it can be reproduced.

@Vostok_The_Kurd
Vostok_The_Kurd wrote:played dota, and here are some issues:

.- Creep camps dont show anymore on map, same for roshan.
.- On scourge u cant sell ur items on any store.
.- Neutral creeps has colors bugged, same for stores on base.
.- Clarity seems to work randomly, one time it regen my mana, second time it glow see the aura of regen but my mana dont go up.
.- SCREEN SIZE IS RIDICULOUS!!! it maximize on game but looks smaller (my resolution dont go any higher than 1400*1900) all the things looks very small ffs!!!
.- dust reveals some times for a longer time the invisible units (one last almost 40 secs!!!)

ill try to find some more bugs but blizzard this time fuck dota really bad.

Will be adding the details regarding DotA to the following post shortly, thank you for reporting these issues.

With regards to Screen Size, I'd recommend forwarding your concerns to blizzard directly.

@rico123
rico123 wrote:anybody know how to change to fullscreen in properties?
[/quote]

What were you hoping to change with regards to full screen?
Were you perchance hoping to activate -nativefullscrn similar to 1.28.x patches?

As noted above, the game is full widescreen support while in-game, but menus have black bars on the sides as intended.

Sorry if i missed anything, but feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
These users thanked the author Unitil for the post:
ShinraCorp (Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:27 pm)

ShinraCorp
Forest Walker

Postby ShinraCorp » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:28 pm

@unitil

Much appreciated for your time and effort resolving these issues
Those wings, I want them too.

cashmeoutside-
Armored Tree

Postby cashmeoutside- » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:28 am

Not sure if it's been posted anywhere, but if you'd like to lobby Blizzard engineers to get this patch fixed, this may be an appropriate thread that they are actually monitoring: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20762137149

Guts_
Armored Tree

Postby Guts_ » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:18 am

If a game goes past 60 minutes all hell breaks lose. Spells start having undefined behavior and go crazy. Actually kind of fun.
See last couple minutes of this game...https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=10641168

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:14 am

Refer to Civiliznations post for further concerns or read the F.A.Q (Frequently Asked Questions) listed here.
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

Return to “Processed Support Cases”