Can't join games manually, cannot host a game through ENT page

Technical Support topics will be moved here when they are Resolved.

Moderators: Oversight Staff, Processing Staff

Pinxx0r
Basic Tree

Can't join games manually, cannot host a game through ENT page

Postby Pinxx0r » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:29 am

Hi,

Not entirely sure why but I experienced an unusual disconnect from a bot game, but my internet connection was still up and running the whole time it was stuck at the pop up in game. After I dced, I restarted wc3 and found I could no longer access the ENT host a game page (connection to the server has timed out), nor could I join any game not already in the available list when opening custom games (so I couldn’t just type a game name and join it, it would say unable to join the game after hanging for a minute). I have no idea what’s going on when everything was working fine the night before.

I've already attempted restarting comp/router, a wc3 reinstall, flushing DNS, making sure ports were opened, (trying to) open the 'Host a Game' page and manually joining games without firewalls/AV active, nothing seems to be working.

I've posted this in discord already, but figured it would be more pertinent here. Attached screenie is what it looked like just after the dc. (resolution changed from widescreen, texture glitch, misaligned text, etc.) Not sure if it's important, but instead of the usual "Waiting for Host" pop up in a regular disconnect, it read "Attempting to Reconnect", or something to that effect.
Attachments
rip why.png
rip why.png (2.63 MiB) Viewed 196 times

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Re: Can't join games manually, cannot host a game through ENT page

Postby Unitil » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:17 pm

@Pinxx0r

Seems you're once again able to connect to our bots games.

However, have you considered using a reconnection tool?
Warcraft III is a 15+ year old game, and does not have a reconnection tool built into the game itself. Any sort of slight bump in connection, be it yourself or the bot, you can be disconnected from the game entirely. The reconnection tool helps to prevent this issue, and will allow you 3 minutes to establish a connection to the bot.

Overall, GProxy DLL is the easiest of the following reconnection tools.

Having an unstable internet connection or a high risk of lagging out? Are you tired of losing a won game because you disconnected?
    Do not worry, there are solutions to solve your problem!
    • ENT Connect is a on LAN connection based reconnection tool (no cd-keys needed).
    • GProxy++(Varlock) is a reconnection tool for the battle.net with an external prompt.
    • GProxy++ DLL is a reconnection plugin for battle.net (Recommended).
    For technical issues or questions, post a topic in the technical support forum.

Haunt
    Oversight Staff

Re: Can't join games manually, cannot host a game through ENT page

Postby Haunt » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:15 pm

Processing.

Return to “Processed Support Cases”