PSA: *NEW* Warcraft 3 Patch 1.30 (August 2018) Crash Issues PC/OSX

Technical Support topics will be moved here when they are Resolved.

Moderators: Oversight Staff, Processing Staff

SCer
Resource Storage

Re: PSA: *NEW* Warcraft 3 Patch 1.30 (August 2018) Crash Issues PC/OSX

Postby SCer » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:14 pm

angryramen_re wrote:
SCer wrote:
angryramen_re wrote:I don't know about PC, but for OSX, as of today (after the post-1.30 mini-patch from yesterday), I am still being dropped from DotA games. I just tried today. [ENT] DotA apem us/ca #66. I know that another person was playing on the Mac OSX client in the game. I was dropped alongside with that person.

I also want to add that, both that person and I could not see Tiny's character model. It was invisible and unclickable. The only thing that could be seen was a black shadowy circle below the character model. I do not know who to report that to, so if someone can help me pass that information to the correct entity, that would be helpful. This situation only happens for Mac OSX client users in DotA.

yes, i think i was that tiny.

Might be a problem for ENT too. Check out: https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=11203395
The character portrait for tiny is missing (3rd player on Scourge). Any inputs mods? @Unitil @F-train

oh, sry, that wasnot me. But i did meet the same situation. https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=11203119

Master Yi
Basic Tree

Postby Master Yi » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:11 am

Thanks for this post. It is clear that this needs some attention. I've been experiencing trouble too.

callmedad
Aura Tree

Postby callmedad » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:07 am

mac os user too. Dropped EVERY game due to WC3 crash.
Tiny is invisible even when I tried this offline.
Font issue is trivial as long as we could be back in a normal game without any fucking crash.

shark420
Resource Storage

Postby shark420 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:14 pm

Diskence wrote:Crashed in every single Youtd game so far.

Tried Youtd just now first game i got kicked from lobby no idea why and then bot rehosted from 10 to 11 and i tried again. Resulting in a weird game isue where i was red and the game had somthing with ratio and i didnt get the option to choose mode. Tried to type to other player but he didnt respond. Also the top menu buttons where shifted and mixing together. Anyway youtd wasnt fixed from previous mess up from blizz, where u sometimes get a score board isues.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:22 pm

angryramen_re wrote:Might be a problem for ENT too. Check out: https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=11203395
The character portrait for tiny is missing (3rd player on Scourge). Any inputs mods? @Unitil @F-train

Hero portraits occasionally not appearing in those game summaries has happened for a long time; I don't think it means anything. Maybe tiny's model changing size due to grow is causing issues with macs? Does this mean you guys no longer drop because of avalanche? I guess they had to make up for that somehow.

Jumbaco.
Resource Storage

Postby Jumbaco. » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:00 pm

Anyone know how to fix background sound still playing when I minimize game?
Also when someone revives u can hear it even if camera isnt near fountain.

angryramen_re
Aura Tree

Postby angryramen_re » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:17 pm

Sylvanas wrote:
angryramen_re wrote:Might be a problem for ENT too. Check out: https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=11203395

Hero portraits occasionally not appearing in those game summaries has happened for a long time; I don't think it means anything. Maybe tiny's model changing size due to grow is causing issues with macs? Does this mean you guys no longer drop because of avalanche? I guess they had to make up for that somehow.

We cannot see or click Tiny even at lvl 1, before changing size, so I don't think that's why.

There's a circle of shadow beneath every character model. To describe how Tiny looks like, imagine just that shadow, which is also unclickable/unselectable. I tried booting up Dota on single player, and when I pick Tiny, myself, I am fully able to see and control Tiny. So it only happens when other players pick Tiny. Also, Tiny's abilities and auto-attacks still do damage to us, Mac OSX users. We literally cannot fight back. The ONLY way to damage Tiny is via using AoE abilities (non-target specific abilities).

When you say "drop," I'm assuming you meant if we "drop" from the game if Tiny uses avalanche? If so, no. We do not get dropped. I don't believe that's the reason, but it may be a contributor that escalates into Mac OSX clients crashing.

Haven't played enough games to confirm if ALL the other heroes are safe, but so far I've only encountered Tiny being an issue for Mac OSX warcraft III.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:21 am

I knew what you meant about tiny. Basically, permanent shadow dance, except you can probably autoattack him if your hero targets him by default.

Jumbaco. wrote:Anyone know how to fix background sound still playing when I minimize game?

I can help with that! In the main wc3 menu, go to Options -> Sound and disable ambient sounds. However, after every game, the annoying wind sound will return, so you have to log off b.net, go back to Sound and re-enable and then re-disable ambient sounds (the fucking thing is still off, but wc3 apparently forgets that it is and needs to be reminded of it). You can't simply turn off the sounds while in channel with ctrl+s, because it will glitch your game sounds in your next game (really annoying). This is how great this patch is. Inside every glitch, there's another glitch for you to discover. It's like a god damn Russian doll of glitches.

angryramen_re
Aura Tree

Postby angryramen_re » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:01 am

Sylvanas wrote:I knew what you meant about tiny. Basically, permanent shadow dance, except you can probably autoattack him if your hero targets him by default.

Jumbaco. wrote:Anyone know how to fix background sound still playing when I minimize game?

I can help with that! In the main wc3 menu, go to Options -> Sound and disable ambient sounds. However, after every game, the annoying wind sound will return, so you have to log off b.net, go back to Sound and re-enable and then re-disable ambient sounds (the fucking thing is still off, but wc3 apparently forgets that it is and needs to be reminded of it). You can't simply turn off the sounds while in channel with ctrl+s, because it will glitch your game sounds in your next game (really annoying). This is how great this patch is. Inside every glitch, there's another glitch for you to discover. It's like a god damn Russian doll of glitches.

Do you know how to disable this new warcraft 3 patch from setting the function keys (F1-F12) to default use? I'm trying to keep my function keys on the native Mac function keys (e.g. F1-F2 = brightness control, etc.).

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:18 am

No idea. I'm no computer expert, I just had that issue with sound and shared what I know about dealing with it.

CountChocula96
Treant

Postby CountChocula96 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:27 pm

In some of my games I do not see the enemy team's throne. It is invisible and can't be clicked, but it can be hit. It doesn't display any hp though. I'm on Windows 7.
"you the biggest wack job on dead ent" -burberry; Flamer/Fan; DotA

angryramen_re
Aura Tree

Postby angryramen_re » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:20 pm

@Unitil Will you please give us updates? Thanks

yungchlo
Aura Tree

Postby yungchlo » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:03 am

Regarding autoban from random disconnect WC3 error pop up after it crashes - Is there any way to get around this? It still randomly disconnects around 30-40 min mark in game and it's so frustrating w/ autoban.

CountChocula96
Treant

Postby CountChocula96 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:19 am

This patch was ENT's 9/11.
These users thanked the author CountChocula96 for the post:
Master Yi (Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:17 am)
"you the biggest wack job on dead ent" -burberry; Flamer/Fan; DotA

Master Yi
Basic Tree

Postby Master Yi » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:16 am

I wonder when will moderators finally give technical support in a technical support thread...

Return to “Processed Support Cases”