PSA: *NEW* Warcraft 3 Patch 1.30 (August 2018) Crash Issues PC/OSX

Technical Support topics will be moved here when they are Resolved.

Moderators: Oversight Staff, Processing Staff

CountChocula96
Treant

Re: PSA: *NEW* Warcraft 3 Patch 1.30 (August 2018) Crash Issues PC/OSX

Postby CountChocula96 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:17 pm

It's not their fault, though. They don't control patches and can't have a solution to every question immediately, lol. If anything they did a very good job at making dota playable within 2 days.
"you the biggest wack job on dead ent" -burberry; Flamer/Fan; DotA

MagicBun
Basic Tree

Postby MagicBun » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:37 pm

Guys im in the same boat as you. Sadly i don't think the crashing is really ENT's fault as much as Blizzards. They should get their stuff straight.

I'm also experiencing often crashes.. Some maps last longer some just straight up crash in the earlier marks.
Rather we should petition Blizzard to fix their stuff than stressing on ENT. I'm sure they are doing as much as they can.
These users thanked the author MagicBun for the post:
shark420 (Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:12 pm)

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:17 pm

CountChocula96 wrote:This patch was ENT's 9/11.

No better or worse than the others before it. They're all terrible in their own way, although true full screen is definitely more good than bad.

MagicBun wrote:Guys im in the same boat as you. Sadly i don't think the crashing is really ENT's fault as much as Blizzards. They should get their stuff straight.

I'm also experiencing often crashes.. Some maps last longer some just straight up crash in the earlier marks.
Rather we should petition Blizzard to fix their stuff than stressing on ENT. I'm sure they are doing as much as they can.

No one is "stressing on ENT". We all play wc3 and we all have problems. This is just a place to try and find solutions to this mess together.

hypebeast1
Basic Tree

Postby hypebeast1 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:22 am

the game dota apem is always desync/crashing mostly in a game.

MagicBun
Basic Tree

Postby MagicBun » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:46 am

MagicBun wrote:Guys im in the same boat as you. Sadly i don't think the crashing is really ENT's fault as much as Blizzards. They should get their stuff straight.

No one is "stressing on ENT". We all play wc3 and we all have problems. This is just a place to try and find solutions to this mess together.

I understand what you are saying. But i believe we cannot do anything on our side to fix this. And we can do very little.
It's quite pointless for us to complain here, when we should be going out on the WC3 Reddit and Forums and start giving more speech
to this problem. The crashing of the game seems number 1 problem, that very few of us are focused on. Theres many other complains ofc,
purely around custom hotkeys and the balancing of the RTS.

I'm not saying "stressing on ENT" as a offense or anything. As you I tried to find a fix did countless re-isntalls and bunch of other suggested stuff around the internet. Nothing seems to help. It's something Blizzard should focus on fixing. The fact is they gave almost none information regarding the crashing and if they are working on it.

Master Yi
Basic Tree

Postby Master Yi » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:38 am

MagicBun wrote:

I understand what you are saying. But i believe we cannot do anything on our side to fix this. And we can do very little.
It's quite pointless for us to complain here, when we should be going out on the WC3 Reddit and Forums and start giving more speech
to this problem. The crashing of the game seems number 1 problem, that very few of us are focused on. Theres many other complains ofc,
purely around custom hotkeys and the balancing of the RTS.

I'm not saying "stressing on ENT" as a offense or anything. As you I tried to find a fix did countless re-isntalls and bunch of other suggested stuff around the internet. Nothing seems to help. It's something Blizzard should focus on fixing. The fact is they gave almost none information regarding the crashing and if they are working on it.

The purpose of this forum is for technical support, and technical support includes solutions AND ADVICE. Advice could include what specific actions trigger crashes, what we can do about autobans from crashes, how long we should stay off dota, and what other maps are affected by this new patch to crash our games. Cuz not ALL maps cause game crashes. ENT staff, so far, hasn't helped with anything. @Unitil is the only staff member who replied to this but he is now ignoring this thread cuz it's hopeless. No updates from ENT at all, except for their new experimental apem game mode lmao...

IFightForHumans
Armored Tree

Postby IFightForHumans » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:17 am

Alright folks so far the game has CRASHED on Mjolnir lightning proc. Has happened to me 3x times - the last bounce it seems causes my game to suddenly crash. I was playing Syllabear vs Zeus and even his last lightning proc caused the game to crash -- I have no idea maybe its just that lightning animation but I've played vs zeus another game and it didnt happen.

Templar Assassin and Spirit breaker do not mix. If you are melded and If he charges it seems to desync the game. I don't know maybe patch 6.85 might be more stable not sure.

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Postby FalenGa » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:33 pm

It should be obvious that this is Blizzard's fault, not ENT's. So go ask them, instead. How do you expect us to have solutions for a problem we didn't create and are not familiar with?

Regarding auto bans, you can appeal for them or wait them out.

For dota, lanaya's refraction is one of the many issues.

I also heard that restarting your client after each game helps reduce, or even eliminate it all together.

Nothing else to do until blizzard fixes this.

Processing.

Return to “Processed Support Cases”