cant open wc3

Technical Support topics will be moved here when they are Resolved.

Moderators: Oversight Staff, Processing Staff

suckmyclick
Armored Tree

cant open wc3

Postby suckmyclick » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:16 am

After i dl'ed the patch a couple months ago, it stopped working and i never bothered to try to fix it.
i miss wc3 and wanna keep playin it now.
what happens:
i double click wc3 frozen throne and it says warcraft 3 has stopped working and windows is looking for a solution, and program needs to be closed.
i click close program and it says frozen throne failed to run. please make sure your frozen throne disc is in your cd-rom drive, then click retry

my cd is inside the cdrom and this error never came up until after i downloaded the patch. im sure there is an easy fix but its been a couple hours and i havent made any progress. please help

teller55
Donator

Re: cant open wc3

Postby teller55 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:39 pm

If you have your cd keys, go to battle.net (online) and register your cd keys with Blizzard. Then, they allow you to download Wc3 directly from the website. Try uninstalling your Wc3, and doing a fresh install from Blizzard and see if that fixes your issues.

(You may want to keep your Maps folder if you want to keep all your maps before you uninstall.)

(PS: Also note, Blizzard broke most map hacks with the 1.27 patch, so if you use one, not saying you do just saying in general, it could prevent your Wc3 from launching. Either way, a fresh install should fix it.)

suckmyclick
Armored Tree

Postby suckmyclick » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:56 pm

sorry i shouldve told you this earlier, but i already tried uninstalling and reinstalling wc3 multiple times off their website, and off my wc3 cd's.
it seems like the game is fine when i dl it, but once i update the game to the current patch, i can no longer open wc3. so it works after i first install it, but the new patch just isnt working for some reason.

ps. i appreciate the side not on the maphack portion, but i dont use one so this can't be the problem.

suckmyclick
Armored Tree

Postby suckmyclick » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:24 am

i fixed it. i just needed to dl that C++ thing or whatever its called. thanks for the help guys

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:56 am

@suckmyclick Yes thats the most common issue with 1.27 ^^

Processing.
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

Return to “Processed Support Cases”