Regarding autobalance

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

we-giv-up-u-win
Forest Walker

Regarding autobalance

Postby we-giv-up-u-win » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:20 am

Hello, this post is regarding this thread: https://entgaming.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=68181

Is there a way to make this voteable instead of automatic? I just got kicked off my friend's team last night and had very little fun in the game as a result. I can only think of two civ war players who honestly believe players care about elo. Unfortunately, those people are the vocal ones on this forum that try to speak for the rest of us and make changes. Elo is a thing of the past in civ wars. The community is not big enough to make it accurate in any sense. I think most people will be upset with the autobalance.

And as a preemptive response to complaints about stacking: yes stacking happens. No, elo is not the goal in a stacked game, the goal is to NOT play a hopeless game with people who refuse to listen. Those games are simply a waste of time and we should not be forced to play them by way of auto"balance". Civ wars is easily thrown by one player and a real autobalance is simply not possible. 3v3s with knowledgeable players still happen regularly I don't understand what prompted this autobalancing change.

Thanks for your time.

RaptorXI
Treant

Re: Regarding autobalance

Postby RaptorXI » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:15 am

And the games you have fun are?
Can call it playing for win, if not playing for elo...

we-giv-up-u-win
Forest Walker

Postby we-giv-up-u-win » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:21 am

we-giv-up-u-win wrote:3v3s with knowledgeable players still happen regularly

RaptorXI
Treant

Postby RaptorXI » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:26 am

With new players too? ;)

we-giv-up-u-win
Forest Walker

Postby we-giv-up-u-win » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:30 am

Influx of new players has been slow for a loooong time don't pretend that it is a result of a balancing problem. That said, there are occasionally players who will come along willing to learn and make big strides very quickly.

RaptorXI
Treant

Postby RaptorXI » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:58 am

No, not because of a balance problem, but free wins in my opinion are as a boring as playing vs 3 pros with a handicap.

supersexyy
Donator

Postby supersexyy » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:29 pm

I find most games have 3 pro players stacking to one side. Even if I join no player wants to even the teams even when requested. I'm not in the mood to play 1v3 so I'll go next (which nowadays means playing a dif map altogether). The game ends as 3 noobs vs 3 pros and is a stomp.
The story of 80% of civ games.

we-giv-up-u-win
Forest Walker

Postby we-giv-up-u-win » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:47 pm

Is there a way to make the autobalance voteable, though? There will be people who will quit the game if forced to play with nonresponsive teammates.

nabo.
Donator

Postby nabo. » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:54 pm

There are pros and cons to doing autobal.

Play it out for a week at least and see how it goes first.
Clan High@useast

• Check the wiki for ENT rules and general information.
  • Talk to mods on ENT chat.
  • Host games through our bots, Manage your stats, Secure your account(s), and check your ban status on ENT LINK.

I_kill_satan
Forest Walker

Postby I_kill_satan » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:52 pm

This shuffling players not make "balance" at all in civ wars, please get it back. No need to waste a week. I prefer not play it at all than play in random spot, with non-cooperative players who refuse to listen and in team with flamers.

doubletech
Resource Storage

Postby doubletech » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:57 am

The problem with auto balancing is that not everyone join game to play mid or top or bot.
Lots of player wish to play the lane of their choice and since it its generally accepted that which ever color you are is the lane your in , balancing actually makes people like myself not want to play a lot of the time. Although i see why people would want auto balance, it is doing more harm than good.
I think you should definitely put it to a vote. I would be fine if the vote are in either favor as long as there's a vote before implementing this auto balance permanently .

we-giv-up-u-win
Forest Walker

Postby we-giv-up-u-win » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:03 am

I was going to wait a week before posting but since other opinions are being expressed I will write my main issues with autobalance as well:
1. As doubletech mentioned, lanes get changed up. This is the biggest issue I see and it is NOT inconsequential in civ wars. If teal goes bottom and top gets rushed successfully, all of a sudden you have two players taken out of the game instead of one. This is the main reason why lane stealing was an issue long before autobalance. Additionally, not everybody is fit to mid and I have already had games where someone was forced to play mid who didn't want to.
2. Can't readily play with friends.
3. The amount of smurfs will sky rocket. Having high elo will simply mean you are punished by having to play with new players more often.
These are the main issues I have with autobalance, and as you can see none of them have to do with stacking. Civ wars in general is not conducive to autobalance.

RaptorXI
Treant

Postby RaptorXI » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:02 pm

Did autobalance change activty @ Ent16 ?

nabo.
Donator

Postby nabo. » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:45 pm

@raptorxi

210 games have been played the past 7 days. So no, activity has not gone down nor up.
Clan High@useast

• Check the wiki for ENT rules and general information.
  • Talk to mods on ENT chat.
  • Host games through our bots, Manage your stats, Secure your account(s), and check your ban status on ENT LINK.

we-giv-up-u-win
Forest Walker

Postby we-giv-up-u-win » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:01 pm

Can we get this removed please? Most the regular players have been complaining even if they are not active on this forum. I am much more interested in keeping regular players happy than the new players who may play 1 or 2 games and we never see them again - whether or not they are stacked against. The balancing doesn't even work because people change their names too often, myself included. Lane stealing is at an all time high, too, because people are forced into the position who can't do it. I am very adamant about not lane stealing and even I have found myself taking mid from people who are not equipped to play it.

Return to “Suggestion Archive”