Ban Wiki is Wildly out of Date and Never Was Accurate

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

FarmerJoe
Basic Tree

Ban Wiki is Wildly out of Date and Never Was Accurate

Postby FarmerJoe » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:20 am

Having just been banned by BeerLord for "game ruining" (which I've never done on ENT after thousands of games), I tried to track down what qualifies. I've watched players go 1-14 game after game and not be banned. These player's allies simply can't overcome that kind of game ruining. I think in all the hundreds of thousands of dota games I've played, I've never seen anyone successfully throw with a 1-1-x score. Good, determined allies (who don't feed) always win it 4v5.

"butthurt" Mew's crony claimed that trading raxes was a "failure to defend" which I found interesting. Having played Dota for more years than probably either the mod or the submitee, I wanted to figure out what qualifies. There was nothing listed in either the http://wiki.entgaming.net/index.php?tit ... :DotARules or the http://wiki.entgaming.net/index.php?tit ... ming:Rules besides "Do not ruin the game on purpose." Last I checked, trying to win the game by tug-of-war was not throwing.

If one enemy enters the base, are you and all 5 of your allies obligated to turn around and walk at 300 ms back to the base? Or are you allowed to rax your enemies (some of whom are dead) and potentially win the game? What if you try to trade and fail? Does that somehow negate your intentions? The only real answer is "either way, a mod will ban you."

So I ask for a game as old as Dota (and its newer fun ai/omg/LoD variant), is the ambiguity in the rules/banning designed purposely to allow this kind of abuse? It reminds me of a time that I gave my crow a dagon, used the crow TO GET A KILL, and then lost the crow on its way back to the fountain ... and then a DotaCash mod accepted a ban request for "feeding" the courier :roll: :roll: :roll:

nabo.
Donator

Re: Ban Wiki is Wildly out of Date and Never Was Accurate

Postby nabo. » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:15 am

Game ruin rules are mostly general or not all specifically listed because each case is treated uniquely and there are variety of possible circumstances. Thus, why we have less specific rules and more general game rules. Bans should be reasonable and commonly understood why. If you do not, you should PM the mod that processed the case you are referring about and ask.

Also, dont ask stupid questions... If you think what you did was certainly reasonable or legit based on the game circumstance, explain/argue away to the mod. Reasonable game plays should not/ will not be treated as game ruinning. Argue with common sense.
Clan High@useast

• Check the wiki for ENT rules and general information.
  • Talk to mods on ENT chat.
  • Host games through our bots, Manage your stats, Secure your account(s), and check your ban status on ENT LINK.

Return to “Suggestion Archive”