Please remove !slap command [LOD]

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

efko
Forest Walker

Please remove !slap command [LOD]

Postby efko » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:19 pm

In last few weeks, some player/s are using this command very often to harass their opponents. On 1st look this doesn't look like something serious, but if you don't know what to do against person who is doing this, he will destroy your game. This command will always take away attention from targeted player, and he won't be in game like he should be. Those messages only exist for that purpose, to harass opponent or to distract his attention from game.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=99554&p=393654#p393654
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=97973
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=97973&p=389462#p387664

I believe that same persons are doing this thing again and again daily with new accounts and mostly they won't be punished for their actions if it is not excessive. Any kind of spam like that after was used !ignore command should be punished. Also if this command is available for users, it should be defined in the rules how to use and how to ignore it. This is a serious problem and I noticed that targets are accounts with huge amount of played games.
I hope ENT will find some better solution for this problem and I hope my post won't be locked instantly without consideration.
Last edited by efko on Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

BiLyA
Treant

Re: Please remove !slap command

Postby BiLyA » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:46 pm

efko wrote:In last few weeks, some player/s are using this command very often to harass their opponents. On 1st look this doesn't look like something serious, but if you don't know what to do against person who is doing this, he will destroy your game.

Yeap, ur games are destroyed and ur feeding like hell because ppl slap you. Did u get slapped on this game and thats why u went 1-16 or something? Lmfao
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=8419627
https://youtu.be/jYFefppqEtE Bravely bold Sir Robin rode forth from Camelot 8-)

BiLyA
Treant

Postby BiLyA » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:52 pm

Oh oh wait, i have a suggestion too. Remove the ability to chat. All ppl should be muted because when they shittalk me or slap me or tell me that I'm noob I feel the urge to hurt myself and cry alone in my bathroom. Waaaah, random ppl in the internet are being mean to me Kappa

Spoiler!
srsly, grow up

kunkka
Treant

Postby kunkka » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:06 pm

!slap is one of the fun parts of ENT that other bots don't have. I don't see this command being abused often at all. Go figure out the reason why people target you lol

I guess you are suggesting to ban votekick command some time soon when people "abuse" it on you for 1-16 every other game

Uryn
Forest Walker

Postby Uryn » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:31 pm

I've never seen it abused. I don't like this suggestion.

efko
Forest Walker

Re: Please remove !slap command [LOD]

Postby efko » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:01 pm

Nothing new to see. Users who use this command and who change their accounts daily are against this suggestion. Both of you BiLyA and kunkka abusing this command in that way and here was report towards you viewtopic.php?f=24&t=97973
BiLyA, about my game where I had 1-16, I was playing it till end, like any other game, it doesn't matter if I had 16-1 or 1-16, I'm using only 2 accounts and playing without disturbing any player in game. Tell me which accounts are you using, or better question how many new accounts per month?
And what your posts above related with game which I had been played have with !slap command?

@Uryn , maybe you haven't seen it before, but in lod it happens in last weeks, probably in dota as well, so maybe this suggestion should be only for those 2 games, not for all since when you use command !ignore to ignore someone, he should be ignored and those abusers know their way to harass and provoke their target/s even if targeted person already ignored them. Usually targeted person won't find the way to completely ignore that spam, so only solution which have that targeted player is to go in fight, in flame war and to insult those players.

!slap is something like available announcement /ann command for users which apply only for that single game.
Image Image

BiLyA
Treant

Postby BiLyA » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:05 pm

efko wrote:Tell me which accounts are you using, or better question how many new accounts per month?

I don't even know what smurfing has to do with the !slap command, but since u ask about my accounts, the fun part is that everytime i join a lobby u insta stack on my team lmfao. Proly because u see my kd and my w/l ratio muahaha. If you only knew how many times I had to carry ur trash feeding ass you should be ashamed lolllll. Im sure u only join games in order to report ppl for nonsense afterwards. Well, if that makes u happy...
Last edited by BiLyA on Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:22 pm

People use it as a way of avoiding the !ignore command. It's only used to troll. I would remove it as well, there's no point to it.

Hatedmaru

Postby Hatedmaru » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:45 pm

Altho i can understand People getting annoyed by this, People take it way too seriously lols .... People talking about ignoring and being provoked, but what about simply ignoring it? Its kinda like flaming, when u see someone saying "fu nub", instantly u have People whining for brq ( its the internet, flaming/trolling should be expected till some point)

Anyways if People do it once or twice, i dont see the issue with it (obv spamming it to harass is different lols).

PS: Im not saying a user being harassed is fun, but the !slap command can be used for fun lol

efko
Forest Walker

Postby efko » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:19 pm

BiLyA wrote:
efko wrote:Tell me which accounts are you using, or better question how many new accounts per month?

I don't even know what smurfing has to do with the !slap commant, but since u ask about my accounts, the fun part is that everytime i join a lobby u insta stack on my team lmfao. Proly because u see my kd and my w/l ratio muahaha. If you only knew how many times I had to carry ur trash feeding ass you should be ashamed lolllll. Im sure u only join games in order to report ppl for nonsense afterwards. Well, if that makes u happy...

I'm doing same thing like every normal player here. Ofc if you are normal player, you will avoid low ELO players, or players with which you have bad experience. Since autobalance is used probably only once in 500 games, normal players will follow who is in which team, and we will go in better team. If I don't like someone and he is in my team or my game, I usually leave and waiting for next game.
Im sure u only join games in order to report ppl for nonsense afterwards. Well, if that makes u happy...

I will always report only serious cases, and how often you can see report from me? Once in 20-50 games?

EdgeOfChaos wrote:People use it as a way of avoiding the !ignore command. It's only used to troll. I would remove it as well, there's no point to it.

Yep.

Hyo wrote:Altho i can understand People getting annoyed by this, People take it way too seriously lols .... People talking about ignoring and being provoked, but what about simply ignoring it? Its kinda like flaming, when u see someone saying "fu nub", instantly u have People whining for brq ( its the internet, flaming/trolling should be expected till some point)

Anyways if People do it once or twice, i dont see the issue with it (obv spamming it to harass is different lols).

PS: Im not saying a user being harassed is fun, but the !slap command can be used for fun lol

Ok, let command to be available, but there should be explanation and rule for using it and when using !ignore command on spammer, !slaps should be ignored as well.
Like we have on wiki page rule related with Votekick bellow ...
When you initiate a !votekick, you should clearly explain "Who" and "How" the violator is game ruining via all chat.

... there could be sentence about slaps and note that if targeted player has warned opponent to stop with spam/slaps, he must to stop with it, otherwise he may be banned for spam and punishment should be bigger than that for normal spam.

I still don't have enough information about this command, so that's why there are more suggestions included about solutions for this problem.
Image Image

kunkka
Treant

Postby kunkka » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:31 pm

Hyo wrote:PS: Im not saying a user being harassed is fun, but the !slap command can be used for fun lol

Agreed. When I play with frds I often slap them and they know it's a joke. The function was developed for adding variety to online gaming experience. I never understand why people take it so seriously lol

and efko, it may be normal for people to play with good players, but no one else in this entire server has a more blatant stacker stats. Negative kd with 65% win rate??? average 3 elo per net win??? LMFAO. maybe that's why u became the target, not the fault of !slap command.

https://entgaming.net/openstats/lod/?u=turks

Hatedmaru

Postby Hatedmaru » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:42 pm

Altho it's not my job to mention it ... Stop focusing on K/D/R and stats in general - We're speaking about rules, not about who has the highest stats, or who has negative ones ... tl;dr focus on the suggestion not stats (Saying someone with this % of stats is justified to target, is plain stupid seriously ...)

Atm you already got these 2 rules:

Do not spam chat during games.
Do not flame, rage, troll, or insult other players excessively.

So imo, this is fine to adress the rule violation itself (it should always be judged case by case, like every rule violation); Regarding the command situation you mention hmm im pretty sure i remember someone saying you had the possibility of ignoring the !slap command even after !ignore, but i cant remember exactly how (might dig up later when i got more time to search for it xd)

efko
Forest Walker

Postby efko » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:16 pm

Spoiler!
kunkka wrote:
Hyo wrote:PS: Im not saying a user being harassed is fun, but the !slap command can be used for fun lol

Agreed. When I play with frds I often slap them and they know it's a joke. The function was developed for adding variety to online gaming experience. I never understand why people take it so seriously lol

and efko, it may be normal for people to play with good players, but no one else in this entire server has a more blatant stacker stats. Negative kd with 65% win rate??? average 3 elo per net win??? LMFAO. maybe that's why u became the target, not the fault of !slap command.

https://entgaming.net/openstats/lod/?u=turks

As pro LOD player, you can explain then how have I got on my 1st account 1250 ELO with 0,2 k/d https://entgaming.net/openstats/lod/player/veangance/ ? I needed 100 games to learn basics, and only after 10 games played I had 1100 ELO as new player and without knowing game basics and mechanics since dota1 by IceFrog is very different game. Then since I haven't using this page games.php , my ELO went to 700 after 50 played games, but I was still positive, and after 100 games played I had 51:50 wins/loses and then magically I was winning 7/10 or 8/10 games mostly with huge affect on game till I got 1240+ ELO. I had that ELO after 150 games and it lasted for 2 months + my k/d ratio was going up to 0,5 so I had on that account near 1 k/d ratio in next 200 games, but then after losing about 4 games I decided to change account for now. Anyway having 213/142 w/l is not small thing especially as someone who is not here that long like many lod players.

Hyo wrote:Altho it's not my job to mention it ... Stop focusing on K/D/R and stats in general - We're speaking about rules, not about who has the highest stats, or who has negative ones ... tl;dr focus on the suggestion not stats (Saying someone with this % of stats is justified to target, is plain stupid seriously ...)

Atm you already got these 2 rules:

Do not spam chat during games.
Do not flame, rage, troll, or insult other players excessively.

So imo, this is fine to adress the rule violation itself (it should always be judged case by case, like every rule violation); Regarding the command situation you mention hmm im pretty sure i remember someone saying you had the possibility of ignoring the !slap command even after !ignore, but i cant remember exactly how (might dig up later when i got more time to search for it xd)

You are probably talking about this:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=99554&p=393654#p393539
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=97973#p388195
Command /ignore is used on Battle.net to ignore whispers and announcements from bots/channels or operators/administrators.
If this part is true "its -hhn and then /ignore *name*", then I was right, this is moderator/admin command given to regular players but its behavior is not through the bot or server, it is from player who join that game 1st.
Image Image

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:13 am

Nevertheless, I'm sure it isn't just LoD that suffers this issue whether it be DotA in-general or any-other game genre.

My personal opinion is, it is indeed useless. There is no real use for this command other than to troll and be silly with friends but some players do get out of hand and afaik I believe even if you ignore the user providing these slap messages, it still goes through.
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

1337hamburger
Treant

Postby 1337hamburger » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:34 am

You can still use commands like !is and !sd to message people that ignore you.

Return to “Suggestion Archive”