Random ban

Looking for your appeal? Approved or denied appeals are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

killerblade
Armored Tree

Random ban

Postby killerblade » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:29 pm

Your Warcraft III username: barabas
Realm/Gateway: server.eurobattle.net
Why are you banned: abusing public services
Why you should be unbanned:
i just got random banned by civilization for abusing public services i haven't played on the bot for 2 weeks and when i host a game i get a ban wtf? i was trying to start a game i haven't started a single game this entire day and i get ban and there's no timelimit no one has given me a timelimit for the bot hosting and also there's no rule that says anything about hosting for a long time and you already pmed me about this and i gave the bot a break for 2 weeks and i haven't played warcrcaft 3 since if your bot wont start after 25 hours and after 9 hours (today) then you should fix your bot instead of randomly banning ppl

killerblade
Armored Tree

Re: Random ban

Postby killerblade » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:32 pm

and i wasn't afk at all u kicked me from the bot twice and i immediately came back and when i realized im banned i immediately posted the ban request i've been working hard all day to get a single custom game started when you realized that i joined back and i'm not afk and you couldn't unhost my game you abused your ban

CheW
Protector of Nature

Postby CheW » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:45 pm

viewtopic.php?t=106323

You have been warned multiple times about hosting your game and going afk. If the game won't start after 10 hours then there is a lack of interest in your game, not a problem wtih the bot.

@civiliznations
MAGA

killerblade
Armored Tree

Postby killerblade » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:10 pm

i have never went afk how can i be afk and i rejoined immediatly after he kicked me and i immediately posted ban appeal after i was banned , no any game i host wont start for 10 hours any game exceed 8 mbs not just that map and before the patch the game started very quickly and i don't care if the problem is from the bot or from interest i am allowed to host as much as i want to theres no rule against it and especially when i'm not afk which im sure the problem is from the bot because before the patch game started very quickly

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:46 pm

Hi @killerblade,

you can find the relevant section related to the ban in the Wiki here: http://wiki.entgaming.net/index.php?tit ... :HostGuide

I also explained more specifically why you should not host a game and stay in the lobby for 10 hours in my PM to you a few weeks ago. This is a free public hosting service, and we have a limited amount of bots. By keeping a lobby up for 10 hours, you are essentially permanently hijacking that bot for the day, as it cannot be used to host any other user's game. I am fairly sure you have not been sitting at your PC and staring at the lobby screen for a period of 10 hours. Clearly you were doing other things while in the lobby waiting for some of that time. You also had the game on autostart, creating a psuedo autohosting bot.

What you are doing is also counter intuitive. Players are seeing your game up in the lobby for 5+ hours. They know for sure it will not start so they do not bother joining. They associate the map with a game that never starts and thus they never join your lobby.

5 days is not very harsh for abusing our system when you were also warned. I may even be convinced to reduce the time, if you are willing to go to the page I linked and copy paste the rules you believe you broke, explain why you broke them, indicate to me you understand those reasons, and that it will not happen again. In the future, please unhost your game if it exceeds a waiting time of 1 hour, and do not rehost until some hours have passed. You didn't need to give the hosting a break for 2 weeks, just be responsible with your hosting. Use common sense and unhost when it's clearly not going to fill. If it never fills, well then theres no interest and you shouldn't waste your time.

If it happens again, the ban will be longer, and you may be forum banned/barred from hosting.

killerblade
Armored Tree

Postby killerblade » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:08 pm

"create a game and then afk with the purpose to spread the map as "download only"-game or" How is this related ? you're only admitting how you abused the ban first of all i never went afk second of all it was never a download only once i get full house i start to play the game

and no 5 days is too much for nothing i already went away for 2 weeks after u pmed me to give the bot a break but u never said anything about a timelimit and i wasnt hosting for 10 hours the game was only 9 hours and in the wiki there isn't anything about time limits

and if in 9 hours players didnt join what difference does it make when players see the game is 5+ hours if in the first hour the game didnt start nor did it in the 2nd hour nor in the 3rd or 4th that's just stupid and players barely even look at how long the lobby is hosted

no you can't ban me for that , that's abuse now if i played like 10 games then maybe you don't want me to play more fine but i haven't started a single game this day

FatherTomahawk
Armored Tree

Postby FatherTomahawk » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:22 pm

What do you not understand? You're using a bot that could be used to host games that people will actually join and enjoy. Sitting in lobby for 10 hours without the game starting...What's wrong with you.

killerblade
Armored Tree

Postby killerblade » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:24 pm

(1) It's not against the rules (2) The problem is with the bot before the patch the game starts very quickly if you don't want your bot up for 10 hours then fix it instead of banning ppl who didn't play a single match entire day

FatherTomahawk
Armored Tree

Postby FatherTomahawk » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:31 pm

But why sit in lobby for 10 hours? Go find something else to do. Stop acting like this has to be spelled out in the rules. You're blocking everyone else from playing just so you can have a game hosted that never starts.

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:45 pm

It is in the rules. I linked the Wiki to you in my previous post, but here are the specific ones you broke:

Using the ENT public hosting service to create a game and then afk with the purpose to spread the map as "download only"-game or do anything but not actually play the game is ban-able. If a moderator sees that, he is given the permission to warn you and unhost the game.

Even if there were no specific rules relating to this, as Tomahawk said, it's just common sense that what you are doing is hurtful to the service.

You were warned, now you have been banned. I will give you one last chance to engage with what I wrote in my last post, then I will process this appeal.

killerblade
Armored Tree

Postby killerblade » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:52 pm

No that's not the rule you banned me for "create a game and then afk with the purpose to spread the map as "download only"-game or" How is this related ? i never went afk second of all it was never a download only once i get full house i start to play the game

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:56 pm

Denied since you refuse to accept the ban/wrongdoing.

Processing.

Return to “Processed Appeals”