Regarding leavers before the game even starts

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

WorldKeeper
Resource Storage

Regarding leavers before the game even starts

Postby WorldKeeper » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:03 am

I was wondering if games such as Dota could automatically be made a draw if someone leaves as soon as the game starts, like right after the loading screen, because on one of my alts idrinkacid@useast I had two games in a row where someone on my team left before the game started and nobody wanted to draw.

Ziadoma
Treant

Re: Regarding leavers before the game even starts

Postby Ziadoma » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:57 pm

Good idea. Not sure how but it should be doable if people will support this.

Mercy

Postby Mercy » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:44 pm

This would be exploitable. This will not be implemented. Look up previous suggestions for drawing,

SLSGuennter
Protector of Nature

Postby SLSGuennter » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:05 am

Mercy wrote:This would be exploitable. This will not be implemented. Look up previous suggestions for drawing,

Yep. Thx for dat mariah :D
Gunther and the Sunshine-Girls. Hell Yeah

Ziadoma
Treant

Postby Ziadoma » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:44 am

Oh yeah thats true it will just end in endless player dodging without consequences.

Mercy

Postby Mercy » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:01 am

That, and ent forces mandatory draw for one game, it has to force it for all.

Players would not be autobanned due to the draw.

It is also exploitable because the player could allow the game to start and then leave because he doesn't like his team.

There are a few others but my poor brain can't think of them.

efko
Forest Walker

Postby efko » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:42 pm

Searched back to August 2015 and all what I could find to be some answer is this viewtopic.php?f=43&t=60446

Now I'm not sure what is the problem with server and autobanning system. Many servers have autoban + draw + reducing points punishment system for exact player (leaver) including bot where I'm playing dota1. For LOD games I usually had 30-60% chance to play while some team has a leaver and games are 100% ruined from start and other 4 players are victims and sealed in game to pay price in the name of the leaver who is playing another game before autoban. If player gets -20 elo or more each time when he leave the game, doesn't matter for which reason he did it, or if that was related with server or his connection, he will think about not to leave it. For other players it can be result of draw so they won't pay price for single player like it is usually and where other team purposely don't wanna finish the game and working hard to last for 20+ minutes more.
Image Image

efko
Forest Walker

Postby efko » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:58 pm

There are a lot of things which could be done to solve this problem, but only if someone actually care to make it happen. I could not find some useful explanation why there can't be autodraw. Not possible to code or no one who can do it.. Bad thing is if same rules for autodraw apply for all hosted maps. It is easy to read from logs actions of the specific player from his behavior, even for players with high IQ and from that abusers can be punished.
1st step to make it doable is to upgrade look of the Chat Log on stats page so review can be done easily by moderator. And of course removing bugs from chat, since info about who killed who is from space, and not from the game, levels and probably something more.
http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 258368.w3g
(31:11) ntbro killed JustBadAlright > same team
Image Image

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Tue May 09, 2017 12:39 am

Denied.

Return to “Suggestion Archive”