Autoban for getting kicked

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

bezdak
Corrupted Treant

Autoban for getting kicked

Postby bezdak » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:51 am

Hello,
I'd like to suggest a minor autoban for getting kicked, something like 1-2 hours.

The reason is simple - imo the most kicks are for some type of teamkill caused by a rage/bad mental state. An hour ban would force the violator to chill out and join another game with clear mind.
Also it would discourage dedicated trolls that play only to ruin games (a fresh example is player zynky, who trolled and ruined 9 games of LTD yesterday - if he got an hour cooldown after his first kick, this number would be less). They would ruin much less games before they get banned and it wouldn't be rly worth for them to wait an hour for every game imo.

You might say it's abusable - well for those, that get kicked unfairly, it shouldn't be that terrible since it would be only 1 hour. They could fill a report against kickers and also chill out, enter the next game without a feeling of unjustice and will to revenge/ruin the next game.

Thoughts?
"Flame don´t make people play better" - Wolke

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Re: Autoban for getting kicked

Postby Jabba41 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:35 pm

The problem is that everyone who gets banned unfairly would have to appeal. We arent here 24/7 so many appeals, especially for short bans , wont get processed in time and the ban expires. A 1 hour ban can already ruin the day fo that player who maybe just wanted to play a few games after work or w/e.

On the other hand, people who get kicked for a reason should always get reported. Its up to the players to spend 2 minutes of their time in posting a brq. BRQ can get processed whenever we have time, thee ban duration he has to sit out will always be the same.

So if we implement these autoban feauture the violators would still be banned for the same length like usual, as we expect you to report them, while some innocent guys get banned aswell and have to sit out their bans often.

I dont support this suggestion.
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

null
Donor: Enterprise Exorcist

Postby null » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:44 pm

Jabba41 pretty much summed up everything about my opinion regarding this suggestion.

No support here either, but regardless; thanks for the suggestion bezdak!
These users thanked the author null for the post:
Jabba41 (Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:33 pm)
Discord ID: null#2675

bezdak
Corrupted Treant

Postby bezdak » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:26 pm

Well, you could also make it not not appealable since it'd be a rly short ban and in most cases deserved (I believe a majority of successful kicks is legit, correct me if wrong), therefore checking these appeals would take like 2 minutes each - seeing the reason + replying with some generic answer. The sole purpose of it would be just making sure the kicked person can't ruin another game right away, which might also mean a little less BRQs. It would be certainly the most effective weapon against dedicated trolls that sometimes show up here.

I don't doubt they will be banned, however banning might take several days and they could do pretty much what they want in the meantime, unless they get autobanned for leaving.

I can definitely see where you're coming from tho.

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:02 pm

Under this logic one will get banned even if he's kicked by a bunch of votekick abusers for no reason.
GOTEM

bezdak
Corrupted Treant

Postby bezdak » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:44 pm

I personally haven't experienced any successfull kick for no reason in something over 150 games. There were some tries but never went through, so I really don't see a problem in this...

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Tue May 09, 2017 12:39 am

Denied.

Return to “Suggestion Archive”