New ENT Banner

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Re: New ENT Banner

Postby aRt)Y » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:14 pm

shalama wrote:i don't think arty is interested in changing the current one in any case.
Not sure where you got that from.

But if we are to change it, then it better be perfect. And if you didnt know, yet, I am rather picky when it comes to presenting stuffs to the public.

As for the general theme, I would prefer standard Warcraft 3 images/icons like the last two. The Lich King/toxic green font combination is not necessarily something I would associate with ENT.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:09 am

Well trying to balance the pickiness of our lord arty and the rest of the community is a bit challenging but I'd also like to add that our current banner has been up for ages. It's old and just lacks something fresh. I don't add background images or simple fonts because the community is juggling between simplicity and complexity.

So tell me - What do you guys wanna see?
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:36 am

aRt)Y wrote:Not sure where you got that from.

It was a guess XD. I understand your reasons for being picky though.

There aren't a lot of images out there that are original blizzard artwork. And it's pretty much a dead game. Thats why I liked the last pic I tried, thought it worked well.

Without delving into fan art relating to dota 2 / WOW , there is a chance that we will continue with the current banner.
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

bezdak
Corrupted Treant

Postby bezdak » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:14 pm

Av1oN wrote:What do you guys wanna see?

Sorry, I ( and I think think the majority of us also) can't tell what I wanna see, however I can tell you whether I like what I see :D
"Flame don´t make people play better" - Wolke

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:23 pm

As I said.. Warcraft 3 images like the ones we saw on page 1 or on the wiki (http://wiki.entgaming.net/index.php?tit ... y_2016.png, http://wiki.entgaming.net/index.php?tit ... Header.jpg) and just "ENT Gaming" or the same slogan we currently have.

Not too many words, no weird fonts and colors. Keep it basic, simple, well read-able and overall usable on different layouts/backgrounds.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:31 pm

Again I feel like my point in all of this was missed. So now I'm going to shift to an even simpler idea and hopefully it gets my point across.
http://i.imgur.com/m3KRBYr.png

My whole concern in this was just something fresh for ENT. Having banners, images, backgrounds was the wrong approach so why not this one?

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:19 pm

Av1oN wrote:Again I feel like my point in all of this was missed. So now I'm going to shift to an even simpler idea and hopefully it gets my point across.
http://i.imgur.com/m3KRBYr.png

My whole concern in this was just something fresh for ENT. Having banners, images, backgrounds was the wrong approach so why not this one?

Not sure I understand how changing the font for "enterprise" travels us from 2012 to 2017, can you develop? Anyway, from the image you linked, I definitely prefer the current one.
"in a moment of extreme passion"
- Beastman (2017)

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:21 pm

I guess you missed the point in that simple image as-well, then.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:25 pm

The point of having a picture is stopping to rely on purely font/text. Besides, the 1998 Warcraft 3 is still the same 2017 Warcraft 3. Whether we use an orc or night elve is merely a question of how we define ENT.

Having said that, I never ruled out to remove/adjust the background color and/or use a full-sized background.

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:30 pm

Then it'd be appreciated to have some specs.. like a canvas size, for starters. I don't want to make something and have it be too big or too small.

To be more specific - How big is the size of a full-sized background? If I can get a proper size then it would make life a lot easier in this matter.

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:49 pm

Believe Chromes inspect feature may help with figuring out the canvas size and such that you seek.

If you hit F12 it'll bring up "Inspection", and in the side bar that appears on the top left there is a button to "Select an element in the page to inspect it", however, if you hover over the element itself it will tell you the size in pixels.

Hopefully that helps, and if it doesn't you can definitely ignore me :)
Last edited by Merex on Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I don't use chrome. -Av1oN

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:29 pm

Av1oN wrote:http://i.imgur.com/m3KRBYr.png

LMAO so much venting. You coulda made 2 more banners in that time :lol:

@aRt)Y Out of curiosity, could you critique my last banner? orangy background with a bloke and a sword. Thanks!
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

efko
Forest Walker

Postby efko » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:39 pm

For some reason I can't see pictures on forum. Probably apply for attachments and for url/img from internet. All what I can see is text "Image".
Image Image

wTc[JediMaster]
Treant Protector

Postby wTc[JediMaster] » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:57 pm

@Av1oN
http://wallpapercave.com/wp/5pnBE4s.jpg Wont this do?
Anyway as you said be4 you dont need any extra stuff why not just some nice colored backround and slap the new ent logo on it and the "Im lovin' it" under and its nice and done :)?
http://www.intrawallpaper.com/static/im ... 175ScJ.jpg like that
Or element TD style https://images4.alphacoders.com/878/8788.png

Im sure you can work something into beeing,Its been a while since you started down this path (24 Jun 2017 00:38 UTC+2) So maybe it's time we update this be4 it's time to decorate for halloween or xmas you know :D

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:49 pm

@efko

I'd like you to try something for me

When you see "image" right click the message and click "open in new tab" or "view image".

If you're on chrome, you will be prompted by a security page, and after clicking "advanced" you can proceed to the site. After, reload the main page and hopefully all images should load in the future.

If you're on firefox, you will be prompted by a security page, and after clicking "advanced" you will be given an option to "Add Exception..." click this and click "Confirm Security Exception". After images should load properly.

Hopefully that helps

Return to “Suggestion Archive”