Reforming Legion TD Mega Euro

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Anterro
Aura Tree

Reforming Legion TD Mega Euro

Postby Anterro » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:44 pm

Hey everybody,
Don't know exactly, if this was concretely suggested before, so i'll just go for it.

I know it's a very LONG post. But please read through it. I tried to structure it a bit to make it easier.
At point 5 is the actual suggestion, if you want to skip my explanations for it.

1. INTRO:
There is the long-time issue, that people are not really playing on Legion TD Mega Euro bot anymore.
I was wondering, why that's the case and gathered some information.

1.1 I asked some mates and regular players, why they are not playing on euro. Most said it's "trash", or that only "noobs" and trolls play on it.
So the reputation of the Euro Bot is kind of, that a lot of game "ruiners" play on it.

Playing with newbies is not always a problem, if they are willing to learn the game. Actually it's more fun playing with someone you can teach to get better. Especially since we all started as newbie and either learned the game on our own, or thanks to someone that taught us.
I for one am still learning interesting strategies from more and also less experienced players.

1.2 Last i checked on Games List (today), the game [ENT] Legion TD Mega euro #1 was open for over 160hrs (see attachment for screenshot).
That's an excessive time for an open lobby, considering that Legion TD Mega games sometimes fill and start in a few minutes.

1.3 Another frequently received answer was the lack of real competition. This is also concerncing the regular Mega bot.
One part of the success and popularity of Legion Td Mega, is (theoretically) the ever changing competition.
Every game is different in it's setup since prophet and hybrid were added. And even more so, since players with different levels of experience play together.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2. POSSIBLE REASONS FOR NOT PLAYING ON EURO/MEGA ANYMORE

2.1 Sometimes you get someone who never played the game before and is a slow learner. That's no problem, as long as the person is willing to learn.

2.2 Sometimes you get someone who never played the game before and refuses to co-operate by learning.
This is a bigger problem, since this tends to ruin a game completely.

2.3 There are also many people that break rules on purpose, or by accident. I am not a saint concerning this matter, since i had a few bans for breaking rules as well.
Sometimes because i didn't know the rule, or because i misinterpreted it.
But i think most of my bans are because i had a rage-quit moment, when i was playing with a team or single players that just ruined the game.
Either on purpose or not. I can imagine, that this happens more often on Mega/Euro than on 1200+, but i don't know if this is actually the case.

2.4 And when you have really bad luck, you get a player that just wants to troll around.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
3. RESULTING PROBLEMS
There is often no way to deal with the problems 2.2 - 2.4.

3.1 Sure, you can try to forfeit and hope that the rest of the team does it too. Though I can not remember the last time the rest of the team did this.

3.2 Of course you can also try to draw the game, but that depends on sympathy and sense of fairplay of even more players. And that's hard, since they can't see what's happening on your side of the map.

3.3 So if you get unlucky and there is also no staff-member ingame, you have to keep playing with a game ruiner until the end of the game, since you get automatically banned for leaving.

3.4 So far the only solution i know for these problems is a report that comes after the game, that you often (not always) lost because of the reported person and therefore resulting in a loss of ELO and another loss on your stats.
4.CONCLUSION
4.1 For some players (including me), it's often a waste of time and sometimes also nerves, to play on euro and also often on mega because of the mentioned problems.

But what are our options?
4.1.1 We could stop playing Legion TD on ENT or stop playing it completely. But that's really not appealing.
4.1.2 We could play on 1200+. The reasons why this is not appealing for me and several others are:

- The most important are the people, that play on it and the set rules. It is very strict and unforgiving.
With the intention NOT to generalize, i learned that a lot of 1200+ players slightly exaggerate in their efforts to win the game.
The way i learned this was excessive spaming, flaming, cursing, name calling etc. Nothing new for someone who plays online.
Of course that's the case for many regular Mega players as well. It's just my honest opinion, that there are more on 1200+.

Don't get me wrong here:
I can fully understand the reason, why those players reacted the way they did. Nobody likes it when another player ruins the game you play.
And you tend to be skeptical about players with new or really bad stats. Same goes for me, when i play on Mega.
But it's my opinion, that flaming etc. is not the way to handle this.

My first impressions were therefore a slight hostility towards newbies and a lot of commanding on 1200+.
For me there is a difference between teaching and commanding.

Concerning the rules on 1200+:
I really like crossing on Legion TD sometimes. But you can't do that on 1200+.
What i also like is merging on another player, or sharing auras for a more efficient teamplay. But you can't do that on 1200+ either.

I know and fully understand the reasons for these rules. But that's mainly why i don't play on 1200+.

4.1.3 Or we play on the mega/euro bots, that have the same rules and no limitations regarding the joining players.
One difference between these two bots is, that people still play on mega, because it's reputation is not as damaged as euro.

There is not really something in between.
5. SUGGESTION
I can't speak for all players for the following, only for me and some others that share the same opinion.

My idea is: Reforming the Legion TD Mega euro bot to something new.
Perhaps to something like: Legion TD Mega 1100+ with the same rules as on regular Mega, but a limitation to people with an ELO of at least 1100.

Why?
5.1 Better, or at least more balanced competition.
For a more detailed explanation see full chapter 2, but also to prevent setups with one team being below 1000Elo and the other one above 1000Elo.
The teams made of 1000+ ELO players are mostly called stackers. I personally don't like that, since I join the higher ELO team because i am less concerned, that there are trolls/game ruiners or new players which don't co-operate. And i can imagine, that most "stackers" feel the same way.

5.2 Players that actually know the game. With a limitation to 1100 ELO, most trolls and "game ruiners" can be sorted out.
It's also a really nice option for players with the experience and expertise of 1200+, but the rules of mega, allowing crossing/merging etc.

5.3 It would not have the reputation to be a bot filled with "noobs" or trolls. More like a bot with more experienced players, but the rule set of Mega.

5.4 (Hopefully) No excessive time of open lobbies. I don't know how much ENT pays for the bots or servers. But an empty Bot is always money, thrown out of the window.

5.5 (Hopefully) Less rage quits. Or at least less rage quits because of new players that refuse to learn/co-operate. (See topics 2.3, 3.3 and 3.4)
6. OUTRO

I don't know, if this even possible. But i for one would be a very very happy LTD-Player. And i really can imagine many other players to like it as well.
It's been a long post and i thank you for reading it (or at least the suggestion).

I really hope you consider the suggestions, since i believe it to be an improvement to ENT's offers.

Best regards,
Anterro aka Scoarden aka Jackless aka StackingEloAF

Uryn
Forest Walker

Re: Reforming Legion TD Mega Euro

Postby Uryn » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:03 pm

tldr?

bezdak
Corrupted Treant

Postby bezdak » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:46 pm

tl;dr
He wants to change Ent 96 to LTD Mega 1100+ with the same rules as Ent 18.

I think almost nobody would play it. This is simply an unneeded step and would have no success whatsoever imo.
"Flame don´t make people play better" - Wolke

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:33 am

bezdak wrote:tl;dr

I think almost nobody would play it. This is simply an unneeded step and would have no success whatsoever imo.
Where would euro ltd players get their 100+ ELO anyway if the normal bot is removed?
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

bezdak
Corrupted Treant

Postby bezdak » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:38 am

aRt)Y wrote:Where would euro ltd players get their 100+ ELO anyway if the normal bot is removed?

You misunderstood or misread what I wrote - he wants to change ENT 96 to 1100+, Therefore there would be Mega (18), 1100+ (96) and 1200+ (31), out of which 18 and 96 would have the same rules (current ENT 18 rules)
"Flame don´t make people play better" - Wolke

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:41 am

bezdak wrote:
aRt)Y wrote:Where would euro ltd players get their 100+ ELO anyway if the normal bot is removed?

You misunderstood or misread what I wrote - he wants to change ENT 96 to 1100+, Therefore there would be Mega (18), 1100+ (96) and 1200+ (31), out of which 18 and 96 would have the same rules (current ENT 18 rules)
I did get that. But then there's ENT.18 for non-euro players to level up to 1100. Where would euro players play if their European based bot is removed? On ENT.18 with delay due to US/CA?

I am just wondering about the delay for players if we centralize the "standard" bot; which I would actually be in favor of considering there's only bad news about it.. :0
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Anterro
Aura Tree

Postby Anterro » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:12 pm

bezdak wrote:tl;dr

1. That's why i took my time to lay down several detailed reasons for it. You can read through it or not.
I believe, that bigger suggestions should be explained in detail, since a 5-liner often fails to show the whole problem.
Also like stated before, many players would appreciate this idea. I know this, because i actually asked many of them ^^

2. Considering the success: ENT.96 currently has an empty lobby for over 180hrs when u look at the games list.
I know, that the change and resulting success won't come over night. Takes time and good promotion.
I don't know, if its such a big effort to rename the bot, set the rules and just host it. After this semester i'll hopefully know from my studies :)

Well they already all play on ENT.18 since ENT.96 is dead for a while now.
Therefore they would get their 100+ ELO from ENT.18. As they do for 1200+ atm aswell.

Anterro
Aura Tree

Postby Anterro » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:50 pm

EDIT:
It would also prevent lobbies from being delayed. Since a LOT of 11000+ elo players leave the lobby the moment someone with either 0/0 stats enters or someone with 800-900 Elo. I for one do this as well, because I don't trust the 0/0 players and because i had many 800-900players either go afk, leave the game and or just playing without listening to well meant advice.
Of course you can report them afterwards and they get banned for some days, but then they come back and do the same thing again.

With a 1100+Elo Bot you woulldn't have this.

PS: Several players from Clan TrB agree with me here.

Hupfen
Basic Tree

Postby Hupfen » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:51 pm

Playing with newbies is not always a problem, if they are willing to learn the game. Actually it's more fun playing with someone you can teach to get better. Especially since we all started as newbie and either learned the game on our own, or thanks to someone that taught us.

You want to teach someone? Usually the fun in any game (and thusly custom map) lies in finding it out yourself. I mean I found it all out because I was so interestedin tryingi this asnd that, and skipping and cheesing economy if possible, fail & learn.
Getting the perfect mix told like in school is not fun. RL = getting told what to do. Games = try what you want = fun. Both will lead to effifiency, the latter requires more time but because you are having so much fun you spend that time and will be efficient. That's what makes most games succesful.

Anterro
Aura Tree

Postby Anterro » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:46 pm

That's kind of off-topic.
FIrst you shouldn't generalize ^^
If you like finding out the gameplay or features of a game on your own more than being taught by someone else, good for you ;)
I for one like to find it out on my own, just as much as being taught by someone with more experience.
That's another way how RL works. You either find stuff out on your own, or you ask someone for help.
Also depends on the game. But like I said, this would go off-topic. And beware of generalizing things.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:03 pm

Gonna shut down 96 (ltd euro) given its inactivity.

@jabba41

Return to “Suggestion Archive”