Forfeit rule

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Essenze
Donator

Re: Forfeit rule

Postby Essenze » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:45 pm

shalama wrote:While I do understand where you are coming from, I do not agree with you suggestion.

From my experience this happens very rarely. Only 1 - 3 times, if i were to guess.

If my team is losing and are trying to !ff, I do my best to communicate with them, and reassure that we can win. More often than not, it quickly descends into begging. :lol: But usually works.

But cases when team genuinely losing and some dipsh*t refusing to !ff, it can be rather helpful

Rarely, but frustrating when it happens. Also frustrating when you're not given a chance to ''communicate'' and they immediately ff. People tend to follow and type ff because the other did or because they're having a bad score.

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:54 pm

Frustrating, yes that is true.

Let us weigh the odds.

What would you say are the chances of each scenario?
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:13 pm

yet still no replay is provided to support the suggestion.

to me this thread sounds like "why the fk is my 1 pro opinion weighing less than the other 4 scrubs'?"
GOTEM

Essenze
Donator

Postby Essenze » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:17 pm

Burnt wrote:yet still no replay is provided to support the suggestion.

to me this thread sounds like "why the fk is my 1 pro opinion weighing less than the other 4 scrubs'?"

I am speaking in general, I don't need to provide any replay.

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:27 pm

Alina wrote:As you can tell, i'm pretty upset about that because i've had 20-6 slark score and still managed to lose due to stupid FF from teamates who only fed and because we lost a team fight that costed us bottom rax.

Alina wrote:
I am speaking in general, I don't need to provide any replay.

:o
GOTEM

Essenze
Donator

Postby Essenze » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:29 pm

Yes?

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:46 pm

Alina wrote:Yes?

From your experience, what are the chances of the following scenarios?

1. Everyone except you !ff while there is a good chance to win
2. Game is most likely lost, but there is one player who is refusing to !ff for one reason or another

From my experience the first one only happens less than 5-10% of the time. That is of the games where at 75% of a team or more already voted !ff.

What would you say?
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

Essenze
Donator

Postby Essenze » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:56 pm

shalama wrote:
Alina wrote:Yes?

From your experience, what are the chances of the following scenarios?

2. Game is most likely lost, but there is one player who is refusing to !ff for one reason or another

From my experience the first one only happens less than 5-10% of the time. That is of the games where at 75% of a team or more already voted !ff.

What would you say?

I've had it happen multiple times, I can say pretty often when teaming with low elos and 20+ elo games. I usually carry in that case and usually, I do have faith and hope in doing comebacks. But like i said, often low elos will think that losing rax or team fights (where all the team die) is game over.

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:06 pm

shalama wrote:From your experience, what are the chances of the following scenarios?

What would you say?

This is exactly the point, which makes 5-vote-to-ff rule more abusive than the current way. One troll can just sit there acting dumb, ignore all and trap the other 9 players in a ruined game.

@Alina I remember it used to be 5-vote and changed to 4-vote. You may check previous suggestions in archives :)
GOTEM

Astros
ENT Staff

Postby Astros » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:13 pm

1) This guy has no justifiable reason.
2) Provides no replay of the supposed 20-6 slark game.
3) Seems to speak in absolutes without any logical reasoning.

Every game is different. If you can't understand that if the majority of your team thinks it's over, then don't play public games. You're expecting everyone to think the way you do.
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:27 pm

Alina wrote:I've had it happen multiple times, I can say pretty often when teaming with low elos and 20+ elo games. I usually carry in that case and usually, I do have faith and hope in doing comebacks. But like i said, often low elos will think that losing rax or team fights (where all the team die) is game over

girl, carrying nabs and snipping stackers is what i do. Burnt's got the right of it, check his post. i've looked at your games, you stack more often than not. But that's besides the point.

BTW you have yet to answer my question.

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Postby FalenGa » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:40 pm

There are many players out there that pay no attention to the chat, and refuse to forfeit for many and no reasons at all, even when they are getting fountain-farmed.

There have already been several suggestions asking for a decrease in the requirements. Raising them from 75% to 100% would only increase those complaints, with valid points.

As per OP's request, and given the negative feedback on this suggestion, i will be moving it to the archive.

Return to “Suggestion Archive”