Ignoring team

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Connorchaos
Forest Walker

Ignoring team

Postby Connorchaos » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:13 pm

I know we have the ignore command, but I believe it can be abused just as vote kick can be abused.

Ignoring a player who if flaming, trolling, or just all round acting like an ass I can understand.
ignoring a team member who has not done anything wrong Kills the idea of team play

It might be viable to make a rule to counter jumping in a game and ignoring your team for no reason

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Re: Ignoring team

Postby Sylvanas » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:17 am

I believe you can get someone banned for ignoring everyone without a good reason and proceeding to not collaborate properly the entire game.

Desire
ENT Staff

Postby Desire » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:22 am

Some players have their own ideas of annoyance. Some do it to help themselves play better by ignoring everyone on the team. Since they can't handle other peoples advise and like to work alone. On that case, yes. Its not right to ignore someone that did not flame, troll, or act like an ass hole.

But it does depend on if this working alone allowed the team to victory. Or to defeat. Obviously.

I think the best way to send a request is to show how the players action really affected the team which lead to losing or on the edge of losing.
Last edited by Desire on Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Essenze
Donator

Postby Essenze » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:35 am

Maybe the ignore on teammates could have a time set, example 1 minute. Then if they write it again with no reason, it could be an infraction.
Wouldn't apply on enemies though.

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:55 am

I don't usually ignore people.

However, I reserve the right to ignore whoever the hell i want, whenever i want, with or without a reason.

But let me explain to you, just why your thinking is faulty. You want players who ignore for "no reason" to be banned because one cannot communicate with them, right?

Well, there are players who do not speak english. You cannot communicate with them either. Will you ban them too?

And there are persons such as myself. I have a mental filter for stupid installed. If you say something stupid, I won't need the ignore command to completely ignore every noob on my team. Please ban me too.

You see where I am going with this? I don't see your suggestion getting implemented.
These users thanked the author Dhamma for the post:
Desire (Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:33 am)
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

Desire
ENT Staff

Postby Desire » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:05 pm

I can only see this working for DotA as a test in game or poll to see if people would really want this. Since DotA does involve communication towards teammates as a skill to ensure victory.

But as shalama and I pointed out, there are players who have the case of being better off having their teammates muted.

Going back to Sylvanass statement and also mine. Reporting someone who did not collaborate with the team by ignoring and to make the team lose (again in DotA) is the best way to go with this.

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:02 pm

DreadEasy wrote:I can only see this working for DotA as a test in game or poll to see if people would really want this. Since DotA does involve communication towards teammates as a skill to ensure victory.

But as shalama and I pointed out, there are players who have the case of being better off having their teammates muted.

Going back to Sylvanass statement and also mine. Reporting someone who did not collaborate with the team by ignoring and to make the team lose (again in DotA) is the best way to go with this.

Does ent really have an ignore function? How about "!slap gg ladyes I want next game vs real pro"
GOTEM

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:54 pm

Burnt wrote:Does ent really have an ignore function? How about "!slap gg ladyes I want next game vs real pro"

I love that command! Only wish it told me when someone ignores me so know to start using it :lol:
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

Desire
ENT Staff

Postby Desire » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:45 pm

You clowns.

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:05 pm

shalama wrote:Well, there are players who do not speak english. You cannot communicate with them either. Will you ban them too?

Kind of irrelevant.

If you know how to !ignore, then you also know the basics of communication to play a game. "mia" "defend" "regroup", pings, etc. Those are communications that don't require any real english knowledge. So someone who doesn't speak english can indeed be banned for refusal to cooperate.

With regards to the suggestion, we don't act on the !ignore command per se. Instead, we simply ban those who don't (or can't) communicate or cooperate with their team.

t;dr; If you ignore your whole team, you won't get banned. If they communicate with you and you refuse (can't) to cooperate and/or communicate back, hence negatively affecting the game, then you will get banned. However, we obviously won't ban users who cannot communicate/cooperate because they ignored their teammates if such an action was warranted as per our rules (flaming, harassing, spamming, etc.). In such a case, the fault would fall on the flamer(s) and spammer(s).

In other words, the concerns described in this suggestion are already addressed by our game rules (refusal to cooperate / game ruing). You may request bans accordingly.

Processing.

Return to “Suggestion Archive”