Alternate Modes - Rule Change

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

AmnoN
ENT Staff

Alternate Modes - Rule Change

Postby AmnoN » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:24 pm

Hi All,

So it appears that there is little to no appetite to adjust the rules to stop an alternate mode if players in the lobby express that they do not want it. That being said, I believe that in order to prevent people from using it to stall a lobby or manipulate teams, if a player announces the mode, they cannot change their mind after the first announcement unless they first leave the lobby (must leave and return to change their mind regarding mode).

Example: Player A announces mode hybrid or pr to get other players to leave the lobby so that they can get their premade team together in the lobby, then change their mind to standard after their team ends up on the same side. I am proposing that they have to leave the lobby in order to change the mode from hybrid to standard to prevent this behaviour.

Thoughts?

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Re: Alternate Modes - Rule Change

Postby Jabba41 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:59 am

I understand that this behaviour is annoying sometimes. but this rule won't change it.

1) they all leave after it failed like usual or feel forced to do so and delay even more.

2) they can just swap positions

3) sometimes I change my mind with modes too if I hear that many disagree with it, the rule shouldn't force me to rejoin then.

and in the end we have a rule covering the main issue with that behaviour you described, the big delay some people cause with that (not talking about just 1 minute)

what do you think amnon?
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

pr0totype
Treant

Postby pr0totype » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:27 pm

i think that we shouldn't allow them to change their minds. moot point is them leaving and returning. if someone announces -rt or -pr or any else, they must stick with the mode they decided and not allow a change to keep the modesetter from abusing it.

AmnoN
ENT Staff

Postby AmnoN » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:31 pm

@jabba41 Why can't it change? I don't really see a reason as to why it cannot be adjusted:
1) The delay issue is largely irrelevant as using the mode change to manipulate teams almost always results in this anyways
2) Swapping positions is really a non-issue since people have to leave the lobby and makes it easier to figure out when people are trying to use a mode to manipulate the lobby (considerably easier) - can see leavers/ re-joiners (but unfortunately cannot see team changes)
3) Can always ask as opposed to call it - I would enforce the leaving rule generally, but absolutely if you call it during countdown, you should be forced to leave the lobby if you want to change it

This is an incredibly irritating situation which is becoming more and more noticeable as people are figuring out that it is a way to skirt the actual rule. I have gone from seeing it once or so a week, to almost every day when I am playing.

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:12 pm

Lobby stalling rule is already covering this scenario, no need for more rule(s).

Since one can simply change his mind, we won't ban only because s/he decided to go for another mode. However, if you find out the leavers' spots were filled by red's friend (frequently played with), or find a pattern of "changing his mind" in game history, then you can ban him under lobby stalling rule.

Return to “Suggestion Archive”