Ban Bnet coloured names

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Adamh91
Forest Walker

Ban Bnet coloured names

Postby Adamh91 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:45 am

I'm suggesting you ban coloured names on bnet, the type of |c12345678name etc, not spoofs.

Last month I came across a bug twice whilst playing LTD where I couldn't click anything.
I can still click the menu and scroll the map, I just cant click any units or buildings.
Today I used a coloured name again, and the same thing happened again, this has never happened with a normal username.

There is nothing in particular that triggers it, it has happened on different levels, when doing different things.
It ruins the game for the other people on the team, and I presume it happens in more games, not just LTD.
There seems to be a recent increase in coloured names on ent, and this problem will pop up more and more.

Unless someone can enlighten me on what else it could be, but seems strange the only times it has happened is when i use a |c0000 name.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Re: Ban Bnet coloured names

Postby Sylvanas » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:13 am

Increase? I personally haven't seen any lately. They started popping up everywhere when they removed all name restrictions and lately I feel like the novelty faded out.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Re: Ban Bnet coloured names

Postby aRt)Y » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:38 am

@Adamh91 As Sylvanas pointed out, Blizzard has allowed such names (for whatever reason...) and therefore, ENT allows them, too.
The only exception is when names are hard to read and/or simply not identifiable (e.g. blank spaces, white font, symbols, etc.).

ENT will judge them on a case-by-case basis.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Return to “Suggestion Archive”