About Elo stacking [LTD]

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Augustinus
Treant Protector

About Elo stacking [LTD]

Postby Augustinus » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:49 pm

I frequently encounter in Legion TD Mega very high elo players in the lobby, which have company from 1-2 smurf accounts with 1000 or less elo. Behind this is a method to collect even more elo for the high elo player, so that the team average elo stays low, while his buddies know how to play. This way people stack enormous amounts of elo, but I think the elo score is not intended to be used like this.

Here a few suggestions:

1. A players initial elo score should be calculated by extrapolation after the first 10 games, rather than giving 1000 to everyone. Til then he should not influence the team average elo calculation. For example someone who is 0/10 with normally losing 90-100 elo could be set to 700 elo instead of 900.
Considering the trend of a newly made account, it would be much fairer and a compensation to take in a bad player with few games instead of leaving the lobby.

2. I think the method described above is obviously abuse and it also encurages people to make low elo accounts by teamkilling a few games. Maybe it should be bannable too.

3. Autobalance should be activated if the elo difference between the teams is too big.

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Re: About Elo stacking [LTD]

Postby Jabba41 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:05 pm

@Augustinus

1. Wouldnt really makea big difference, people can still create smurfs in order to not loose elo with their main accounts. So the quality of games would stay the same. If people want to smurf, they smurf.

2. If people teamkill games they can get reported and banned for it. Smurfing itself isnt banable.

3. No, see archive.

You shouldnt care too much about elo, it doesnt indicate skill or anything at all, especially in LTD mega.
These users thanked the author Jabba41 for the post:
Goldie (Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:24 pm)
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

Return to “Suggestion Archive”