Suggestion to make a 1200+ Castle fight 3v3 bot

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

fawh
Basic Tree

Suggestion to make a 1200+ Castle fight 3v3 bot

Postby fawh » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:14 pm

Hello ENT,

As an avid castle fight enthusiast myself, I suggest that you host a 1200+ elo Castle fight 3v3 bot for several reasons.

1. I know that the castle fight community is rather small but there are still quite a few people out there that are passionate about that map and want to have a way to play the map against other experienced players without having to play with completely new players that have no idea what to do and no desire to listen. So hosting a 1200+ elo bot would allow some of the more serious players to practice against each other in a more competitive environment. It would also make the standard 3v3 bot a more casual environment for new players since the more experienced players won't have to always play with them to play the map.

2. Although ENT bots and castle fight in particular are meant for entertainment purposes mainly, I feel like a lot of people are lacking some sort of incentive to play the game more regularly and seriously. By creating a second bot that only hosts 1200+ elo games you create an incentive for new players to dedicate more time to the game to reach a rating where they will be allowed to play against more experienced players. This might indicate to the whole ENT community that castle fight is being taken more seriously and might draw more new players to the map.

3. A lot of people are currently abusing the fact that you can just keep creating new accounts whenever you like and you never really have an idea of how good the players that are with you or against you are going to be since they could either be a completely new player or they could be an experienced player who just likes to make new accounts constantly. Since elo gain and loss amount is based on the ratings of the players in either team, playing against people that constantly make new accounts can be a pain in the ass since you usually gain very little from winning against them and you lose a lot when you just so happen to lose to them. By giving people a platform to play against 1200+ elo accounts you force people to stay on one account, which will give people a better idea of whether they are experienced or not and one could argue that it would also make the whole elo system better since more people will be playing with their true elo.

As I previously mentioned, I know that there might be too few people playing castle fight but I hope that you'll consider my suggestion based on my arguments and I'll be willing to donate a warcraft 3 CD key for the bot to host the map on and if the numbers don't seem to hold up and noone is actually playing on the bot in the following months of the release, then I wouldn't mind that you'd just dedicate the bot to a different map.

Best Regards,
Fawh

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Re: Suggestion to make a 1200+ Castle fight 3v3 bot

Postby Sylvanas » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:57 pm

I admire your optimism.

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:09 am

I have some experience playing on the Castle Fight ENT bots and while like with most competitive games a high elo bot is a great idea for this map, I'd personally say it's unlikely that such a bot would gain popularity, for several reasons:

A. Most obvious, while the current bots fill, it's popularity is significantly less than Hellhalt for example which fails to regularly fill a 1100+ bot.

B. Quite a majority of the players are 1100 and below casual players, as there is a large split between such players and the higher elo players who win potentially almost every game they play such as kunert and his fellow players.

C. Related to the above point, many players are comfortable queuing with other high elo players and usually end up playing comfortable easy games: I'm not sure how interested these high elo players would be in playing each other.

Although my expectations would be low, this suggestion should be considered if the user wants to donate a key for it, then why not give it a trial of a few weeks? I would suggest a 1100+ bot rather than 1200+ at least initially as in hellhalt.

I'd also suggest that maybe 2v2 could be tried as the format for this bot. On the one hand I know most Castle Fight players on ENT prefer 3v3, on the other, 2v2 obviously needs less to start and is still a competitive gamemode. Either could work.

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:47 am

^ A, B, C.

Denied.

Return to “Suggestion Archive”