New Island Defense Version

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Should the new version of Island Defense by IAmDragon & Remixer be pushed to ENTID?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:25 am

Yes
45%
No
55%

Total votes: 20

PubLord
Basic Tree

Re: New Island Defense Version

Postby PubLord » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:21 am

Hash wrote:I trust Neco as an experienced editor, but no offense to IAmDragon, but I don't really know his qualifications to be editing the Island Defense versions we play on ENT.

Then you should trust his decision to allow Dragon to take over development, otherwise I don't really know your qualifications as someone who knows enough about how development works to be questioning IAmDragon's qualifications as a developer.

ArmadaGedon
Basic Tree

Postby ArmadaGedon » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:22 am

On pure god damn contrast of you updating the ID map, I have to disagree. For one you got capped hard when people saw you maphacking for one which should of resulted in a ban but you dodged the bullet and from the looks of it made a "threat" to upload your own version of ID. I'm going to keep this simple as possible, I'm from the old generation of players back when Clan Stid and Bti had a competions to determine who was better and you new generation just show soo much braindead needs which aren't required. It used to take skill as titan to win and for builders to rise up to fight back a good 10 builders can match a good titan. Opposite game results also happened when the titan won even in our IH games. I remember the legends of this game and their god plays even to this day, as of now a good titan can just shit stomp and go pure braindead and by the looks of it you want to push it futher towards making the titan stronger, this game is revolved around skill on wallwalking,item jumping, base jumping and etc... The new updates made it easier for both sides at the same time made it more braindead than it should be. I want to see Neco give an official post on whats really going on, since the last great version was 3.0.9d a lot of people disapproved of the new changes and left but still come back to the game in hopes that it will be better. In terms of your 1 sider community with your "little friends" shittalking, ghosting via voice and etc, you are not worthy to continue the map.
These users thanked the author ArmadaGedon for the post:
Lynx (Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:33 am)

ArmadaGedon
Basic Tree

Postby ArmadaGedon » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:26 am

On pure god damn contrast of you updating the ID map, I have to disagree. For one you got capped hard when people saw you maphacking for one which should of resulted in a ban but you dodged the bullet and from the looks of it made a "threat" to upload your own version of ID. I'm going to keep this simple as possible, I'm from the old generation of players back when Clan Stid and Bti had a competions to determine who was better and you new generation just show soo much braindead needs which aren't required. It used to take skill as titan to win and for builders to rise up to fight back a good 10 builders can match a good titan. Opposite game results also happened when the titan won even in our IH games. I remember the legends of this game and their god plays even to this day, as of now a good titan can just shit stomp and go pure braindead and by the looks of it you want to push it futher towards making the titan stronger, this game is revolved around skill on wallwalking,item jumping, base jumping and etc... The new updates made it easier for both sides at the same time made it more braindead than it should be. I want to see Neco give an official post on whats really going on, since the last great version was 3.0.9d a lot of people disapproved of the new changes and left but still come back to the game in hopes that it will be better. In terms of your 1 sider community with your "little friends" shittalking, ghosting via voice and etc, you are not worthy to continue the map.

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:27 am

Poll created. Feel free to cast your vote, given the differences stated in this thread.
@Hash @Arcanium @PubLord @ArmadaGedon @IamDragon @Remixer @B4rt0

Poll runs for 1 week.
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

Hash
Poison Treant

Postby Hash » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:28 am

PubLord wrote:Then you should trust his decision to allow Dragon to take over development

Seems like you are trying to speak for Neco here, I would much rather get his input that trust your word for it.

PubLord
Basic Tree

Postby PubLord » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:32 am

Hash wrote:
PubLord wrote:Then you should trust his decision to allow Dragon to take over development

Seems like you are trying to speak for Neco here, I would much rather get his input that trust your word for it.

You should ask Neco yourself instead of constantly putting doubt on what is publicly known and pretending like you know so little but want so much say. Neco gave Dragon the unprotected map, you just admitted to that. Did he do it randomly? Or is there a simple conclusion using basic logic. I am perfectly happy going by your standards of what experienced players agree on, as the person above you posted, that we should go back to 3.0.9d all together, I am just pointing out the obvious.

Kaz
Resource Storage

Postby Kaz » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:39 am

If nothing else, IAmDragon and Remixer have spent their own time to improve ID. They're gaining nothing from trying to help ID. They spent their time and effort to improve it. At the very least, it deserves a chance. Worst case, it fails -- the community as a whole, not just OG, not just NG doesn't like it. ENT changes the map back to 4.0, and we're back where we started.

Asking people to vote without playing it themselves is like putting the cart before the horse. Reading a change list isn't enough to tell if it's good or bad for the game. You need to play it. The community needs to play it.

ArmadaGedon
Basic Tree

Postby ArmadaGedon » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:48 am

Sure drive it into the ground even more, if anything hosted you own version on a different bot for the time being and after a while the community can make their choice on what they want.

Hash
Poison Treant

Postby Hash » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:53 am

@publord How is it publicly known exactly, where can I read up about Neco passing this map to IAmDragon? Now If you read entirely what I said earlier you would know I said this "Sure Neco gave him an unprotected version of the map, but for what reasons, I would like Neco's side of the story" I and the rest of the ID community don't know if Neco merely gave him the map to help him fix bugs and issues, and then Dragon decided to run off with the map and do his own thing, or if it was Neco's intent to pass the map onto IAmDragon, and would like that to be cleared up by Neco, instead of all this he said, she said kind of thing.

Hash
Poison Treant

Postby Hash » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:59 am

Kaz wrote:If nothing else, IAmDragon and Remixer have spent their own time to improve ID. They're gaining nothing from trying to help ID. They spent their time and effort to improve it. At the very least, it deserves a chance. Worst case, it fails -- the community as a whole, not just OG, not just NG doesn't like it. ENT changes the map back to 4.0, and we're back where we started.

Asking people to vote without playing it themselves is like putting the cart before the horse. Reading a change list isn't enough to tell if it's good or bad for the game. You need to play it. The community needs to play it.

I agree that games need to be played and tested, but there is a process for that, IAmDragon can upload the map on ENT Link so that people can host and play the map through ENT bots. After there is a history of games played for this version on ENT bots and if people vouch for it, then it can be auto-hosted. I'm just saying its not ready to be auto-hosted on ENT.60 yet.

Lynx
Donator

Postby Lynx » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:01 am

I will not vote, polls on this website are dumb and have ruined multiple decision in the past. It's easy to create multiple ENT accounts to manipulate the poll and random people who plays ID once a year like myself or not at all get to have an equal vote on the issue as active players, which shouldn't be the case.

My opinion is to of course let remixer and dragon continue their version as 4.0.0 was never balanced in my opinion and they want it to be balanced. And if we are going to stop development on a map we should go back to the most recent stable version of the game which is 3.0.9d which I think the current community wouldnt appreciate because of its non-smoothness compared to 4.0
Last edited by Lynx on Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hash
Poison Treant

Postby Hash » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:03 am

Yes polls are easily manipulated, that is why this should be up for discussion as well, and not just purely poll based, it is more of a tool to see how the general public feels.

Neco
Treant Protector

Postby Neco » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:06 am

So my side of the story is that the community deserve consistent updates to the map they love, and I can't provide that anymore. At least this way, the map might live a bit longer.

I don't know the quality of the map in this thread, so I'd encourage everyone to look at the changes and test it for themselves.

If the community doesn't want these kind of changes then I'm sure steps can be taken to revert major changes. Remixer and IAmDragon are keen to make the map better, not to push the community away.

Personally I think maybe too much was changed in just one version (pushed by enthusiasm I'm sure) and that fixes should be fast but features should be slow.
Former Editor of Island Defense - ENTID Rules

Ben_T
Treant Protector

Postby Ben_T » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:23 am

@Arcanium i agree with you that it might seem rushed that iamdragon is putting out the map so soon, but this is probably because you are used to Neco who took months to put out a single update with very little changes. However, u might not know how much work and time iamdragon and remixer put into editing Island Defense, not to mention how many tests are done with small lobbies to test various features. There are also several people not including iamdragon or remixer that spend a lot of time testing various things. A lot of time and testing has been spent on the current version and i believe it is ready for people to play. if there are various glitches, bugs, or problems then the ID community can inform iamdragon and he will quickly put out a fixed version because iamdragon works hard and fast. @hash if neco approves this current version, then will there be no further problems with the new update? And remixer worked with neco and is currently working with iamdragon, are you saying that he is not a good enough editor to help with iamdragon even though he has plenty of experience with neco. Also if we are going to let the community decide which version of Island Defense we play, then why dont we change the poll to have 3 answers, to push the new update, to keep the map the same, or to revert the map back to 3.0.9d

Hash
Poison Treant

Postby Hash » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:37 am

Ben_T wrote:@hash if neco approves this current version, then will there be no further problems with the new update?

Neco wrote:Personally I think maybe too much was changed in just one version (pushed by enthusiasm I'm sure) and that fixes should be fast but features should be slow.

Ben_T wrote: then why dont we change the poll to have 3 answers, to push the new update, to keep the map the same, or to revert the map back to 3.0.9d

There have many been many reasons explained in multiple ID threads on the ENT forums, to why we shouldn't and don't revert the map backwards to 3.0.9 you can read them on your own time. All I'm saying is this map should be tested more before implemented, it should go through processes like being uploaded to ENT Link then hosted to see how the community feels about the map before being added to ent.60. I don't see the need to rush into this yet. That's my opinion, and the opinion of many others.

Return to “Suggestion Archive”