Island Defense

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

BeFriendlypls
Resource Storage

Island Defense

Postby BeFriendlypls » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:39 pm

I've never actually played this map, least people have. Can't you remove/change the command for the game, to be like every other command? When I do !lms, !sd, !sl, i get the stats of the person i search for, without everyone beign spammed. Besides that, a lot of people use it for trolling, flaming and disregarding being ignored. Also it's a way to anonymously taunt someone from the opposite team, without stating your identity, unless of course someone checks through the replay. Eitherway, taunting, flaming, trolling and bypathing that someone ignored you is annoying.

Please dump !si or change it.

Merex
Oversight Staff

Re: Island Defense

Postby Merex » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:31 pm

Is it consistent issue being abused by the public? Being an island defense player, I've yet to see this command be used maliciously. It works as every other command, and is there for it's intended purpose - Providing information.
These users thanked the author Merex for the post:
Panopticon (Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:10 pm)
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:06 am

Av1oN wrote:Is it consistent issue being abused by the public? Being an island defense player, I've yet to see this command be used maliciously. It works as every other command, and is there for it's intended purpose - Providing information.

It *is* different, this is why he's suggesting it to be changed. For some reason, the island defense command in particular has the bot send its reply to everyone in game and is a known method for spamming people who you know have ignored you, as demonstrated by Chew in this game in which he "celebrates the death of net neutrality", which is something certain humans do, it would seem. Who would have guessed?

To answer your other question, it isn't commonly used, but ultimately it is a tool that's given to dickbags/trolls/ent moderators to harass users/publicly celebrate the death of net neutrality.

The !slap command is an alternate way of doing the same thing, but in my opinion it should be removed as well. It's just trashy. If you're going for a refined atmosphere, you drop the !slap command. But I wouldn't know, I'm very trashy.

BeFriendlypls
Resource Storage

Postby BeFriendlypls » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Trashy people are all over. I can be unfriendly aswell sometimes, I guess everyone is. I've seen it being used a lot. Aswell by mods. I for one have been harassed by chew aswell.

And no dude, it does work different than other commands, because it shows to everyone at all times. Other commands just are shown to the player itself.

Panopticon
Treant Protector

Postby Panopticon » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:32 pm

@BeFriendlypls @Sylvanas Actually, the !stat command, whether it's !is or !ds or !ls, will broadcast it to everybody in the game if the bot can't find the suitable stats for that particular query. Hell, I'm also pretty sure the command will broadcast it to everybody if the query has a space in it. If the query has the suitable stats for that that command, it'll broadcast it only to the person that's using the command.

This also includes lobby chat as well.
PSA: Bigtits = Iambackk

tinker_666 = ta-ta

CheW
Protector of Nature

Postby CheW » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:21 pm

BeFriendlypls wrote:Trashy people are all over. I can be unfriendly aswell sometimes, I guess everyone is. I've seen it being used a lot. Aswell by mods. I for one have been harassed by chew aswell.

Not wanting to play on your team isn't harassing. I avoid most stackers and people with stacker stats to try and help make a more balanced and positive game experience for the rest of the players. Or are you referring to the game where you flamed me and a few people I play with and then they checked your island defense stats after killing you?
MAGA

pharaoh
Armored Tree

Postby pharaoh » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:10 pm

Plz remove all stat commands because it makes people being racists to others, cuz they judge them only by stat information. People who are below 1k elo are constantly being harassed and flamed just for their stats. This isnt right, so plz remove all stats so no one can see and everyone becomes equal.

BeFriendlypls
Resource Storage

Postby BeFriendlypls » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:22 pm

pharaoh wrote:Plz remove all stat commands because it makes people being racists to others, cuz they judge them only by stat information. People who are below 1k elo are constantly being harassed and flamed just for their stats. This isnt right, so plz remove all stats so no one can see and everyone becomes equal.

Lmfao. That's not what I said, way to twist ones words you troll.

!si command has nothing to do with stats whatsoever? It's only about flaming. You could keep it, but make it not be on all chat, in games not related to the matter.

BeFriendlypls
Resource Storage

Postby BeFriendlypls » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:23 pm

CheW wrote:
BeFriendlypls wrote:Trashy people are all over. I can be unfriendly aswell sometimes, I guess everyone is. I've seen it being used a lot. Aswell by mods. I for one have been harassed by chew aswell.

Not wanting to play on your team isn't harassing. I avoid most stackers and people with stacker stats to try and help make a more balanced and positive game experience for the rest of the players. Or are you referring to the game where you flamed me and a few people I play with and then they checked your island defense stats after killing you?

I didn't flame you? I questioned you. And no, I am also to refering to other games, from various players, not just me. Life isn't all about me, lol.

CheW
Protector of Nature

Postby CheW » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:39 pm

BeFriendlypls wrote:I didn't flame you? I questioned you. And no, I am also to refering to other games, from various players, not just me. Life isn't all about me, lol.

If you are going to drag the suggestion off topic into a slander filled rant against me, please provide some evidence and context.

I think the !si command serves a great function because it lets you bypass the people that will flame you and ignore you and then unignore to flame you some more before ignoring you again. It also adds a little something extra when you are killing a stacker or smurf. Not only do they have to die and sit idly for the next ~60 seconds, they also have to see that they have not played any island defense games here. It would be a shame if Ent got rid of such a fun and unique tool for the sake of appeasing a few people who can't tolerate a few lines of chat throughout a game.
MAGA

BeFriendlypls
Resource Storage

Postby BeFriendlypls » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:42 pm

CheW wrote:

BeFriendlypls wrote:I didn't flame you? I questioned you. And no, I am also to refering to other games, from various players, not just me. Life isn't all about me, lol.

If you are going to drag the suggestion off topic into a slander filled rant against me, please provide some evidence and context.

I think the !si command serves a great function because it lets you bypass the people that will flame you and ignore you and then unignore to flame you some more before ignoring you again. It also adds a little something extra when you are killing a stacker or smurf. Not only do they have to die and sit idly for the next ~60 seconds, they also have to see that they have not played any island defense games here. It would be a shame if Ent got rid of such a fun and unique tool for the sake of appeasing a few people who can't tolerate a few lines of chat throughout a game.

Only reason I mentioned you, is because other people mentioned you aswell. Dont' feel so butthurt, I didn't make this topic because of you, this is not a one time thing happening. This happens daily to me or other playres, from 10 different players. I am not making a hate topic for you, tbh I don't care for you. I am asking for the command to be changed. I don't have to answer to anything you say; unless it's regarding the matter of the command. If you feel like you didn't do anything wrong, please provide the evidence yourself, frankly, I do not care what you think.

Also you accuse me of flaming and stacking. I simply questioned that, neither in lobby or in the game I flamed you. You and your allies taunted me. http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 215998.w3g Not other way around. So here's to you, abuser... Me stacking? I clearly played several games vs you. I also play vs +2000 elo dude. And tons of games against lord miles, which never plays on miles unless he has +2 allies stacked with him. So who is flaming, who is trolling and who is stacking? Clearly not me ;).

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:32 pm

This talk seems rather stupid tbh (seeing a mod(s) stating that using that command is acceptable for the sole purpose of provoking/trolling is even worse imo - Yes mods are players, and they do like to have fun while playing too, but as a mod, you should know where your limits are, and not cross them - Don't forget that in the end, your behaviour/actions are taken more in consideration than a non-mod player, as you're representing ENT's public image)

People started using this command since they noticed that abusing the !slap command was bannable: As usual, one gets reported for abusing/breaking one rule (aka !slap command), ban is applied and what happens after? People find a new way to bend the rules, and found a new command that does the same as !slap.

Using !sd, !lms, etc. doens't give info to anyone else but urself (it's sent in private, not global) - using !is sends the info in all chat, and i cant see any reason for non id players to use it, besides an attempt on bending the rules to avoid using !slap.

So either ban the usage of !is (such as !slap already is, when used to provoke/spam), or change the command to simply give the info to the person using it (instead of spamming through global chat).

PS: Might add that this seems to be a problem affecting only the LoD dumbos (i havent seen anyone using it on LTD or DotA at all)

PSS: Personally i dont mind the usage of !slap command when people know limits (using it once in a while ingame, can be fun - i also do it myself), but when people dont know limits (or write random/stupid stuff over it), it might annoy ppl (As for me, i just wait for the next time one of them dies, and throw it back on them :lol: )

Panopticon
Treant Protector

Postby Panopticon » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:52 pm

@Zeratul The reason it broadcasts to everybody is because the people that spam !is of !si are using invalid names (i.e. using spaces or sentences as part of the "name") as queries for the bot to search island defense stats for. The same will happen if you do that with any other stat command.

The only other way for it to be broadcasted in global chat is if a player with bot permissions uses said commands.
PSA: Bigtits = Iambackk

tinker_666 = ta-ta

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:59 pm

Actually no - Try using !sd with an invalid name and you'll see the message that you get (i've used it countless times, and when there's more than 1 user ingame with a similar name, or you type the wrong name, or use spaces and sentences as query as you stated, it returns a private message to you only, not global-wise).

And yes, ingame moderation does display the information on global in case they use it (may it be !lms, !sd, etc.), but thats a different story, and not the case being discussed here :P

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:59 pm

Stats are part of the game. If you want the command(s) disabled, we would also have to entirely stop recording any form of stats as they are available through the website.

If you are being harassed by users for your stats, you may report them and have the ENT Staff deal with it.

Suggestion denied.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Return to “Suggestion Archive”