Support the long term players

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Silent-Slim
Basic Tree

Support the long term players

Postby Silent-Slim » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:55 pm

Why is there no extra ENT game selections for people who have played over X number of games, whether it be a threshold of 50/100/150 whatever. You have a rampant trolling community who just go an create a new account every game and make it difficult and frankly, not fun to play with. They are verbally abusive trash talkers who do nothing for the ENT community. Mostly this is on Dota but it happens in other games as well. Protect your users. You need a way to create games for your main groups of people that have been loyal to ENT over the years, many people are getting frustrated with it since it doesn’t look like anything is being done to stop it.

Look I know I’m not a great dota player, I play support and assist the team. But when it’s a new account and Elo of 1000 and they get meepo and own the game there’s not much anyone can do, straight up trolling. And I will grant you that player is very good, I couldn’t play meepo that well and it’s part of the game but no one knows what they are up against in the lobby. Let’s out everyone’s cards on the table. Also makes me think their last gamer name got banned and they found a workaround somehow when they know where everyone is on the map at any given time, map hackers do exist. It would be nice if we could have games that new accounts couldn’t play in. Please think about it, getting sick of trash talkers yelling at everyone being noobs and trolling, what’s the point? Let’s put a stop to it for the main players and leave it in place for those that want that, I think we can grow as a community and have some sportsmanship in the process.

Thank you

Essenze
Donator

Re: Support the long term players

Postby Essenze » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:30 am

Well aren't DIHL & LIHL there for that?

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Re: Support the long term players

Postby FalenGa » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:28 am

Hello @Silent-Slim ,

Currently, smurfing ( which translates to creating a brand new account instead of playing on your main ) is allowed. There are a few reasons behind this, with the most important ones being that we simply would not be able to enforce a rule against smurfing, and there is practically nothing wrong with it.

You mentioned you believe a new player picking an overpowered hero and carrying the game with him, is "straight up trolling". I am sorry, but this has nothing to do with trolling. This is just a skilled player winning the game. There are plenty of things you can do against that, like counter-picking and organising your team against it. But that's another story.

What you're suggesting has been already suggested several times in the past. All relevant topics can be found on our suggestions archive. Most of them were suggesting a 2nd, 1100+ ( or higher ) elo bot. They were rejected due to the number of active players in the community. It's not high enough to encourage splitting.
viewforum.php?f=43

Your options are 3,

• As Essenze mentioned above, you can join the DIHL.
    viewforum.php?f=181
  • You can host your own, private games, and invite your friends or other people from discord.
  • Or, you can start reporting player that are actually breaking ENT's rules. Penalties vary, depending on the violation. Repeat offenders receive longer penalties.

Topic archived. Let me know if you have any questions.

Return to “Suggestion Archive”