Lobby command for host mode

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Hakuna
Forest Walker

Lobby command for host mode

Postby Hakuna » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:03 pm

Not sure how complicated it is to implement commands for the lobby, but here's the idea:

Top slot (red in the case of Legion TD) types something like [[ !mode ap ]] which if the string after typing [[ !mode ]] is a recognized mode, it will then announce to everyone as they join the lobby that the mode will be [[ ap ]] or whatever the host chose.

If it were possible to delve even deeper, and make it so that the game mode was chosen based on the lobby code and there WAS no in-game code, that would be pretty interesting, I think. Though I have a feeling that level of sophistication is either not possible or way more difficult than I would realize.

Also if this were the case there would need to be some fancy coding that would revoke the automated messages if the player moved out of host position or left the lobby.

Anyway just an idea.
Who am I in game?
hakuna@EntConnect
ChunkyKong@USEast
Visit my Wiki! Link

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Re: Lobby command for host mode

Postby Jabba41 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:49 pm

@hakuna

Most maps we host use a !hcl which is what you mean.

But giving everyone the power to use !hcl would be a mess and you could do complete troll modes and then leave + if we dont have a set hcl people who dont do a mode in lobby would mess it up too.
All in all its not worth the effort to impelement something like this as nothing would change at all. If people type a !hcl last second its the same as if they dont announce it.
Its up to everyone who isnt picking a default mode to announce it. And its not too much to ask for
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

Hakuna
Forest Walker

Postby Hakuna » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:02 pm

Interesting. And you make fine points. Was just something I thought of, didn't know about hcl.

As a further counterpoint, what if instead of a timer based on the lobby being full, red had to do the mode code for it to start the countdown? The chat would give prompts and would have a default thing for him to type listed.

Again I think you made good points and there is a good reason it's the way it is.
Who am I in game?
hakuna@EntConnect
ChunkyKong@USEast
Visit my Wiki! Link

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:38 pm

Reds usually afk, that's the issue.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Return to “Suggestion Archive”