Reports Automated Processing

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Hakuna
Forest Walker

Reports Automated Processing

Postby Hakuna » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:11 pm

There honestly needs to be an update to the system.

Currently as I understand it a moderator has to review every report and decide if it's legit or not. I think that it's pretty clear around 75% of reports are never addressed and the ones that are take weeks to get answered.

I don't blame the mods, they are volunteers and way overworked, not to mention processing reports has to be literally the worst job imaginable.

So there should be an automated system. Should be something along the lines of:

Every report you receive is tallied. At 5 reports you get a warning of some sort. At 10 reports you get a 1-hour ban. At 20 reports a 1-day ban. Keep scaling as necessary.

Multiple reports in the same game should just count as one report. (it's one incident)

Being repeatedly reported by the same player should be capped at a maximum, maybe like 3 reports from the same player in a 24-hour period.

For that matter, each player should have an allocated number they can submit, same idea. 3 reports per 24 hours.

If you were to get more sophisticated then making a player who has more games have more reports would be sensible, such as <100 games has 1 report / 24h, 100-500 games has 2 / 24h, 500-1000 has 3, 1000-2000 has 4, 2000-5000 has 5, etc.

The reports should be submitted via commands, such as !report <player name> <reason or rule being broken> and then you should get a message back about how many reports you have left. Ideally make it check if you are in a game with that player, or if your last game was with that player.

I am not overly familiar with how commands are made but I think even if this took 30 hours to implement it would take a massive burden off the mods.

Just my two cents
Who am I in game?
hakuna@EntConnect
ChunkyKong@USEast
Visit my Wiki! Link

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Re: Reports Automated Processing

Postby FalenGa » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:00 pm

To start off, every single report is eventually reviewed. Yes, there will be a delay depending on several factors ( time of the year, availability of the staff, current pending requests, estimated time required to review the game, etc ), but they are all processed nonetheless.

There are a few critical reasons as to why this automated system you're suggesting cannot work.

• Currently, the report system works by moderators reaching a conclusion based on evidence and reasoning. A procedure that would simply count reports and punish accordingly would be unfair, invalid and highly abused.
  • It would promote vindictive behavior. Example : You reported me for X reason, i will report you back for no reason at all.
  • Reports for severe violations would hold the same value and offer the same penalty as minor ones.

I could go on, but you get the point. In an environment like that, rules would hold no value at all.

Thank you for investing your time into ideas that could help improve the community.
These users thanked the author FalenGa for the post:
Panopticon (Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:59 am)

HazarDous
Staff Department

Re: Reports Automated Processing

Postby HazarDous » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:20 am

Denied.

Return to “Suggestion Archive”