Island Defense: Rules Amendment!

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Bacon
Armored Tree

Postby Bacon » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:52 am

Hi,

So I would like to discuss the first come, first serve rules whereby a player builds to claim a spot. Does a Ping have any meaning especially when you're spamming the base as soon as the game starts, and you're literally a split second away from building at that base?! The murlock speed is obviously faster than the gnoll. In this case I was the gnoll and was banned for tking for trying to claim an early base by pinging. I gave them multiple chances to leave before I removed there stuff so they wouldn't have to build fruit trees.

If a player was to build everywhere, does that entitle them to claim it as a lumber base where ever they go?

More importantly, I had an experience with a gnoll vs murlock.

Kind regards, Bacon #Best Titan

Panopticon
Treant Protector

Re: Island Defense: Rules Amendment!

Postby Panopticon » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:58 pm

Ping means diddly squat when it's used solely to claim a basing spot, and it'll only piss players off to the point of spiting you if you spam it.

Is it a dick move to steal a location "claimed" by pinging? Yes. Is it overly obnoxious? Yes. Is spamming pings just to claim a lumber base or a main base obnoxious? Doubly so.

Better solution if somebody steals a spot that you attempted to "claim" by pinging: Get over it (and yourself), move on, and find a different location, unless you want to wait for the player to clear his own stuff and leaves on his own will or until the titan gets there to clear it from the board to claim it for yourself.

If a player were to build stuff everywhere, that would technically be considered feeding, and depending on context of the game, players are allowed to deny it.

Really, it's better to ask other players if they have plans to build in a particular location that you want, unless it's obvious that nobody else is going to build there for a while.
PSA: Bigtits = Iambackk

tinker_666 = ta-ta

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Re: Island Defense: Rules Amendment!

Postby aRt)Y » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:02 am

The first one to be there/build something in the base gets the spot. If you pick a builder who is slow, that's bad luck/choice.

Using pings to claim a base is both unreliable and hard to track.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Return to “Suggestion Archive”