New Stat for account

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Hakuna
Forest Walker

New Stat for account

Postby Hakuna » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:44 pm

Just got to thinking how so many people who are 0/0 are smurfs and I wondered "is there another thing that could be added to indicate a person is not as new as they seem?"

So what do you think of this: Have a stat that shows how many times they've reset their elo. This could also include how many accounts they own, if that's something you guys track using cd keys or something. So for instance I've got something like 5 accounts (that I can recall) so my accounts would all have a /5 at the end. So would be something along the lines of Immortep w/l/r 191/256/5

What do you think? Has a way to track and display smurfing ever been considered before?
Who am I in game?
hakuna@EntConnect
ChunkyKong@USEast
Visit my Wiki! Link

Dhamma
Treant

Re: New Stat for account

Postby Dhamma » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:45 pm

there is no way for ent to view or see cd keys.

there is a small possibility to be able to do it by ip, but it is not happening.

They won't do it.
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:55 am

You could easily display how many times the account is reset as long as it's tracked, but most people don't reset their account to smurf, they just make a new one. So it wouldn't really tell you much.

And you can't detect how many accounts a person has.

pr0totype
Treant

Postby pr0totype » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:44 pm

The biggest issue with this one would be the privacy measures ENT prides itself on. It is the same reason why, when you ask for an alias from a moderator, they do not release that information. It is for the player to know what other accounts are in their possession. Sometimes they create a new account to Smurf or sometimes to go unknown so they are not harassed- just depends on the person.

I don't see there being an implementation for this suggestion.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:38 pm

Suggestion denied (read all the posts as to why).
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Return to “Suggestion Archive”