Unban VPN providers

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Cardflip
Aura Tree

Unban VPN providers

Postby Cardflip » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:43 am

Hello,

I'm currently in a situation where my ISP throttles certain connections, or shuts down traffic altogether. The only way to have a stable connection anymore is to use a VPN. Unfortunately, my VPN provider is apparently banned. I understand this is probably in an effort to reduce ban dodging, but let's be real: it's not a feasible way to prevent ban dodging. It's hurting legitimate use cases such as mine. Please consider unbanning VPNs.

Panopticon
Treant Protector

Re: Unban VPN providers

Postby Panopticon » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:54 am

They won't unban VPNs, whatever the reason might be, with the sole possible exception being that the VPN came directly from the ISP themselves. The most they'll do is whitelist a username for you.
PSA: Bigtits = Iambackk

tinker_666 = ta-ta

Cardflip
Aura Tree

Postby Cardflip » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:46 am

Well, it would be fantastic if they did that for me, but that doesn't seem realistic to do that for every person who needs to use a VPN.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:37 pm

Cardflip wrote:Well, it would be fantastic if they did that for me, but that doesn't seem realistic to do that for every person who needs to use a VPN.
Please post a ban appeal.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Return to “Suggestion Archive”