we need to ban for sylla only bear with rad strategy

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

aimskjs
Forest Walker

we need to ban for sylla only bear with rad strategy

Postby aimskjs » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:50 am

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=126196

there is many players who use only bear with radiance in pub. Hero is just sitting in base without lv. This strategy must be considered as afk greifing and ban player because bear can't attack anything but just radiance. its kind of useless and make team feel 5v4 entire game. We need a rule that player must use hero and bear both at same time or just hero.

IWinIfyoulose

Re: we need to ban for sylla only bear with rad strategy

Postby IWinIfyoulose » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:29 am

Wow, I thought it was a bannable offence what I heard from staff in past.

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:04 am

There were cases of processed bans requests in the past, and also denied ban requests (due to the fact it was a grey area, and it wasn't defined as a rule itself - it happened on a case by case basis: As far as i recall back then when me/nabo/getstomped/larz discussed this, we had decided that upon review, if there was clear evidence of refusal to play/help, and it had caused impact, a ban could be issued, to get the user attention; However, and noticing the latest threads, it seems like the current ENT staff thinks otherwise) but not the strategy itself - Radiance bear was accepted as long as he played both units, and if team requests for his help, he comes pushing/defending/ganking etc. with both units (What was considered bannable, and lead to a few bans, was those players who just basically played with the bear the entire game, and never used sylla to push/defend, and dind't build for sylla either, just bear - pretty much just building up the bear, and refusing to gear sylla + refusing to use it).

Anyways back to the suggestion, yes +1 for banning the dumbos that does this (Personally i find this radiance bear build strategy useless if you're playing vs a decent team - This has the same effect as a geomancer ingame: Either you win early, since they are more squishy and unable to stop the bear, or lategame you're just useless since people will just kill your bear, twice easily, and syllabear gets turned into dead meat to be carried)

Off topic:
On DotA2, Syllabear already got aghanims, allowing for his bear to be able to attack globally (not limited to syllabear hero in range) + the bear stays alive even if sylla dies :)

Aghanim's Scepter allows Spirit Bear to attack without having Lone Druid nearby and alive, making it a more autonomous farmer and pusher.
Last edited by Zeratul on Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

aimskjs
Forest Walker

Postby aimskjs » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:42 am

IWinIfyoulose wrote:Wow, I thought it was a bannable offence what I heard from staff in past.

bearlord said there is no rule to ban for it. He suggests me to post on suggestions forum and vote if our community agree with it.

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Postby BeerLord » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:37 am

The last time anybody tried to issue a ban for this was almost 2 years ago, and it was me, but I got over-ruled. So it definitely is not a rule currently. Maybe this discussion will generate enough interest to change that.

Astros
ENT Staff

Postby Astros » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:44 am

I agree with aims.

Bear with rad is a fine strategy in a pub game but it hinders the potential of your team if that's the only part of your game. It gets outscaled rather quickly and deep into the games where your bear can easily die, it would render your hero useless and unable to defend or push with your team - causing a massive disadvantage in many cases. Sylla in general is a rather tough hero to play for inexperienced players and thus, already puts his teammates at a disadvantage strategically. Since bear rad can be a viable strategy, these cases are tricky and should be handled on a case-by-case basis but really, all items on sylla (hero) is more impactful than simply stacking your bear. The only players affected by this are your teammates and it should warrant a ban if that's the case.

e.g., if someone playing sylla simply stacks bear, stays at fountain with the hero, and is then unable to defend or push with the teammate due to their hero being too weak and the bear ends up dying, I believe they should be banned.
These users thanked the author Astros for the post:
aimskjs (Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:55 pm)
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

IWinIfyoulose

Postby IWinIfyoulose » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:31 pm

Currently there is a rule against it, just not used. The spiritbear itself is not a hero, if you not help team push, defend and get xp with the hero itself you should be banned if someone submit, simple as that

aimskjs
Forest Walker

Postby aimskjs » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:46 pm

IWinIfyoulose wrote:Currently there is a rule against it, just not used. The spiritbear itself is not a hero, if you not help team push, defend and get xp with the hero itself you should be banned if someone submit, simple as that

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=126196
where is the rule? I cant find it and my submit wasn't approved

kunkka
Treant

Postby kunkka » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:43 pm

IWinIfyoulose wrote:Currently there is a rule against it, just not used. The spiritbear itself is not a hero, if you not help team push, defend and get xp with the hero itself you should be banned if someone submit, simple as that

Spiritbear has skills, carries items, gets runes. Why is it not a hero? Just because it's a bear? Earthshaker is a cow. Is ES not a hero?

IWinIfyoulose

Postby IWinIfyoulose » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:03 pm

Does he lvl up like a hero? If so yes

Sev
Armored Tree

Postby Sev » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:18 pm

Extremely opposed to this.

Sometimes this strategy works well if Sylla is left alone in the woods for the first 10 mins of game. Sylla can often get radiance quick and use the bear to farm neuts for the next 10-15 minutes to put items on his main. Other times this strategy sucks and the team outpushes the rad bear and Sylla is unable to get items on his core. Either way, you want a foiled strategy banned? It doesn't work every game, just like picking slark in apem doesn't work every game. There are people in this game who are very good at microing and controlling the bear mid-game - pushing lanes back, roaming enemy forest to block enemy carry farm, etc. It looks like you were in a game with a guy who failed miserably at the strategy, but that is certainly not the case for everyone that does this strategy.

aimskjs
Forest Walker

Postby aimskjs » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:24 pm

Sev wrote:Extremely opposed to this.

Sometimes this strategy works well if Sylla is left alone in the woods for the first 10 mins of game. Sylla can often get radiance quick and use the bear to farm neuts for the next 10-15 minutes to put items on his main. Other times this strategy sucks and the team outpushes the rad bear and Sylla is unable to get items on his core. Either way, you want a foiled strategy banned? It doesn't work every game, just like picking slark in apem doesn't work every game. There are people in this game who are very good at microing and controlling the bear mid-game - pushing lanes back, roaming enemy forest to block enemy carry farm, etc. It looks like you were in a game with a guy who failed miserably at the strategy, but that is certainly not the case for everyone that does this strategy.

Sev you are totally out of point. What you said where i hightlight yellow is literally playing both hero and bear. We are talking about using bear only entire game from rad to game over. I already link my last game with sylla who made 20mins radiance and then afk rice only using bear for dagon for his bear and 0 item on main til game over. If you suck at micro and farm next item for ur main just using bear, I’m totally ok and would say it is part of strategy. But if you dont use hero until game over is not strategy. It is just that a player doesnt want to die. When bear has rad, you can use ur main to farm at lane while bear farming jungle for extra farm or hero farms in jungle and bear at lane are ok. It is much better than hero stay at lv 8 and not attack any of enemy entire game without doubt. Hero can survive with bear form and only boots while you farm using rad bear.

Sev
Armored Tree

Postby Sev » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:52 pm

Hehe. i see. either way i like this strategy and even if they stay at fountain i think it's fine. i should also point out that my friend and i often play this strategy for fun that's why im all for it
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=10576742

Spoiler!
oh dude 8 elo win with radiance only sylla bear nice!

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:13 pm

aimskjs wrote:bearlord said there is no rule to ban for it. He suggests me to post on suggestions forum and vote if our community agree with it.

I don't trust Bearlord to be impartial in regards to this matter.
These users thanked the author Sylvanas for the post:
BeerLord (Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:26 am)

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:52 pm

Sylvanas wrote:
aimskjs wrote:bearlord said there is no rule to ban for it. He suggests me to post on suggestions forum and vote if our community agree with it.

I don't trust Bearlord to be impartial in regards to this matter.

+1, i can't Bear with it XD

Return to “Suggestion Archive”