Close lobby if host afk ?

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Holymond
Forest Walker

Re: Close lobby if host afk ?

Postby Holymond » Tue May 01, 2018 3:05 am

matdas wrote:Considering that holymond is guilty of afk lobby host himself, (i've had to close many a lobbies that are 3+ hours with just him and checking if he was not afk), 20 minutes is a generous offer for a host to type into chat.

I wasn't afk.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Tue May 01, 2018 4:02 am

Holymond wrote:Only low end maps under 8mb are playable now. Quality maps over 100mb take 20 minutes to download for each player. So it creates problems for hosts who play high end maps.
Or the limit can be increased to 60 minutes, it sounds fair.

Any map dl exceeding 2-3 minutes should instead be googled and dled in seconds. Waiting hours to play a game when you have the option of not waiting at all is what crazy people do.

Also, high file size doesn't automatically mean "quality" and vice versa. I know a map that was bloated with useless oversized models to "fill" the new size limit without being improved in any way, and many good maps easily fit within the old size limit. They just had to, it had been the limit for years. Not many maps go far past the old limit without just filling the extra space with useless crap.

Jabba41 wrote:Why? @holymond why will the quality go down ?
And what's a quality map anyway?

Probably a couple of grindy save/load rpgs he plays. Everything else is just worthless garbage for the filthy masses.
Last edited by Sylvanas on Tue May 01, 2018 4:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

matdas
ENT Staff

Postby matdas » Tue May 01, 2018 4:05 am

Holymond wrote:
I wasn't afk.

That's why there was no responses in the games that I ended. sure. Whatever you say. Either way, the point is moot. There is no reason why a host should be allowed to have a lobby up for more than 4 hours (such as yourself) being afk. All you have to do is type something. If you can't do that, then there is no reason why you should be hosting a game to begin with, since it is clear that you would just host the game to be afk.

Holymond
Forest Walker

Postby Holymond » Tue May 01, 2018 4:25 am

Sylvanas wrote:
Holymond wrote:Only low end maps under 8mb are playable now. Quality maps over 100mb take 20 minutes to download for each player. So it creates problems for hosts who play high end maps.
Or the limit can be increased to 60 minutes, it sounds fair.

Any map dl exceeding 2-3 minutes should instead be googled and dled in seconds. Waiting hours to play a game when you have the option of not waiting at all is what crazy people do.

Also, high file size doesn't automatically mean "quality" and vice versa. I know a map that was bloated with useless oversized models to "fill" the new size limit without being improved in any way, and many good maps easily fit within the old size limit. They just had to, it had been the limit for years. Not many maps go far past the old limit without just filling the extra space with useless crap.

Jabba41 wrote:Why? @holymond why will the quality go down ?
And what's a quality map anyway?

Probably a couple of grindy save/load rpgs he plays. Everything else is just worthless garbage for the filthy masses.

I hate grindy maps and i hate save/load rpgs. I never play those maps. Don't assume something you have no idea about. You probably have never tried a quality map in your life.

People only join to download and play, they don't stay if you give them links.

matdas wrote:
Holymond wrote:
I wasn't afk.

That's why there was no responses in the games that I ended. sure. Whatever you say. Either way, the point is moot. There is no reason why a host should be allowed to have a lobby up for more than 4 hours (such as yourself) being afk. All you have to do is type something. If you can't do that, then there is no reason why you should be hosting a game to begin with, since it is clear that you would just host the game to be afk.

Some maps can only played after hours of waiting since people lack the patience to download medium to large maps and leave after 10 minutes. So hosts end up with cycles of people joining and leaving after 10-20minutes. It's impossible to not going to the bathroom or getting a drink or eating in the mean time. Therefore many lobbies with large or quality maps are open for over 1 hour. Saying they are up for over 4 hours is over exaggerating.

But since the time limit is implemented it's going to be very difficult for maps to be hosted. Warcraft 3 will die out soon with few games being hosted. Many players will just turn to other newer games.

uakf.b
Staff Department

Postby uakf.b » Tue May 01, 2018 4:37 am

> Some maps can only played after hours of waiting since people lack the patience to download medium to large maps and leave after 10 minutes. So hosts end up with cycles of people joining and leaving after 10-20minutes. It's impossible to not going to the bathroom or getting a drink or eating in the mean time. Therefore many lobbies with large or quality maps are open for over 1 hour. Saying they are up for over 4 hours is over exaggerating.

The limit is 30 minutes now, with warning starting from 20 minutes. I think going to bathroom / getting drink should not take more than 30 minutes. If you go out to eat you should probably unhost first.
dWFrZi5i -- 'cause I'm cool like Agreements

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Tue May 01, 2018 4:50 am

Holymond wrote:I hate grindy maps and i hate save/load rpgs. I never play those maps. Don't assume something you have no idea about. You probably have never tried a quality map in your life.

Close enough actually. Those rpgs are typically korean maps as well. So I take it a map can only be a "quality" map if it's untranslated and every unit uses an anime model?

Holymond wrote:Some maps can only played after hours of waiting since people lack the patience to download medium to large maps and leave after 10 minutes. So hosts end up with cycles of people joining and leaving after 10-20minutes. It's impossible to not going to the bathroom or getting a drink or eating in the mean time. Therefore many lobbies with large or quality maps are open for over 1 hour. Saying they are up for over 4 hours is over exaggerating.

But since the time limit is implemented it's going to be very difficult for maps to be hosted. Warcraft 3 will die out soon with few games being hosted. Many players will just turn to other newer games.

Yeah wc3 will die because you can't sit several hours in the lobby for your high-end, top quality, next gen, ultra-sophisticated, Naruto golden shuriken of approval awarded maps for the utmost distinguished, highborn elite. Clearly this is what makes or breaks wc3, the handful of people who can't google a download link instead of waiting hours to play some Korean/"quality" (these are synonyms by the way) map.
These users thanked the author Sylvanas for the post:
Panopticon (Tue May 01, 2018 6:20 am)

Holymond
Forest Walker

Postby Holymond » Tue May 01, 2018 5:12 am

uakf.b wrote:> Some maps can only played after hours of waiting since people lack the patience to download medium to large maps and leave after 10 minutes. So hosts end up with cycles of people joining and leaving after 10-20minutes. It's impossible to not going to the bathroom or getting a drink or eating in the mean time. Therefore many lobbies with large or quality maps are open for over 1 hour. Saying they are up for over 4 hours is over exaggerating.

The limit is 30 minutes now, with warning starting from 20 minutes. I think going to bathroom / getting drink should not take more than 30 minutes. If you go out to eat you should probably unhost first.

Thanks uakf.b for upping the limit. It' helps a bit if it doesn't solve the problem entirely.

Sylvanas wrote:
Holymond wrote:I hate grindy maps and i hate save/load rpgs. I never play those maps. Don't assume something you have no idea about. You probably have never tried a quality map in your life.

Close enough actually. Those rpgs are typically korean maps as well. So I take it a map can only be a "quality" map if it's untranslated and every unit uses an anime model?

Holymond wrote:Some maps can only played after hours of waiting since people lack the patience to download medium to large maps and leave after 10 minutes. So hosts end up with cycles of people joining and leaving after 10-20minutes. It's impossible to not going to the bathroom or getting a drink or eating in the mean time. Therefore many lobbies with large or quality maps are open for over 1 hour. Saying they are up for over 4 hours is over exaggerating.

Yeah wc3 will die because you can't sit several hours in the lobby for your high-end, top quality, next gen, ultra-sophisticated, Naruto golden shuriken of approval awarded maps for the utmost distinguished, highborn elite. Clearly this is what makes or breaks wc3, the handful of people who can't google a download link instead of waiting hours to play some Korean/"quality" (these are synonyms by the way) map.

Not even close. Just because a map is in a different language doesn't mean it can't be of high quality.

I consider Marshmellow's map( not SvnmS' not Draupne's not Kroto's not TheKaldorei's) high quality, for example her Zombie Rising or Rise of Vampyr were masterpieces. The skyrim models in her maps are HD and that's an understatement. Without me her map wouldn't be as popular as today since I hosted her LTA(the real one) 24/7 back in the day so everyone knows that map. Lobbies with long hours are what contributed to warcraft 3 base to this day.

matdas
ENT Staff

Postby matdas » Tue May 01, 2018 7:18 am

Fine, here are a few examples of people like you @holymond
Gamename: improved hero empire
Bot name: Ent.Hosting8
Owner:
Duration: 07:54:07 <==== lobby duration
Map: Hero_of_The_Empire_v1.235.w3x

------------------------------
Gamename: cbm all night baby
Bot name: Ent.Europe4
Owner:
Duration: 03:44:21 <==== lobby duration

--------------------------

Gamename: eden4
Bot name: Ent.Hosting10
Owner:
Duration: 06:26:15 <=== lobby duration
Map: eden rpg 2.9a eng v2.w3x

----------------------------------

Gamename: World Of Warcraft
Bot name: Ent.Hosting5
Owner:
Duration: 04:49:21 <===== lobby duration

--------------------------------------
Gamename: Naruto Ninpou
Bot name: Ent.Europe5
Owner:
Duration: 03:43:28 <===== lobby duration
Map: opt_NinpouStorm6.0a.w3x
----------------------------------------

Gamename: One Piece Battle
Owner:
Duration: 02:50:10 <==== lobby duration
Map: One Piece Battle Royal 1.82.w3x

Gamename: DBZU!
Bot name: Ent.Hosting2
Owner:
Duration: 03:34:58 <=== lobby duration
Map: UltimateDragonball_v.6.1.w3x

These are just a small few of the games that i checked up. ALL of them had the host afk. All of them had to be unhosted due to them being afk and monopolizing the bots. This is why I 100% agree with forcing the host to type in lobby before it gets auto closed. I still feel 30 minutes is generous of a thing that Uafk.b is giving. 20 minutes was fair. It doesn't take 20 minutes to bathroom, or to make food. If people want to Download it and play, thats fine, the issue is the AFK host not starting the game, and keeping a bot without any reason other than to sit afk.

(removed the owners names of the lobby so they don't get backlash from community)

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Tue May 01, 2018 9:05 am

30 minutes is good. I don't think this needs further modification.

Holymond
Forest Walker

Postby Holymond » Tue May 01, 2018 5:07 pm

matdas wrote:Fine, here are a few examples of people like you @holymond
Gamename: improved hero empire
Bot name: Ent.Hosting8
Owner:
Duration: 07:54:07 <==== lobby duration
Map: Hero_of_The_Empire_v1.235.w3x

------------------------------
Gamename: cbm all night baby
Owner:
Duration: 03:44:21 <==== lobby duration

--------------------------

Gamename: eden4
Bot name: Ent.Hosting10
Owner:
Duration: 06:26:15 <=== lobby duration
Map: eden rpg 2.9a eng v2.w3x

----------------------------------

Gamename: World Of Warcraft
Bot name: Ent.Hosting5
Owner:
Duration: 04:49:21 <===== lobby duration

--------------------------------------
Gamename: Naruto Ninpou
Bot name: Ent.Europe5
Owner:
Duration: 03:43:28 <===== lobby duration
Map: opt_NinpouStorm6.0a.w3x
----------------------------------------

Gamename: One Piece Battle
Owner:
Duration: 02:50:10 <==== lobby duration
Map: One Piece Battle Royal 1.82.w3x

Gamename: DBZU!
Bot name: Ent.Hosting2
Owner:
Duration: 03:34:58 <=== lobby duration
Map: UltimateDragonball_v.6.1.w3x

These are just a small few of the games that i checked up. ALL of them had the host afk. All of them had to be unhosted due to them being afk and monopolizing the bots. This is why I 100% agree with forcing the host to type in lobby before it gets auto closed. I still feel 30 minutes is generous of a thing that Uafk.b is giving. 20 minutes was fair. It doesn't take 20 minutes to bathroom, or to make food. If people want to Download it and play, thats fine, the issue is the AFK host not starting the game, and keeping a bot without any reason other than to sit afk.

(removed the owners names of the lobby so they don't get backlash from community)

Those lobbies are from centuries ago. Besides 2-3 hours aren't that bad since some maps require half an hour to download. Increasing the download speed limit will definitely help.

xikens
Forest Walker

Postby xikens » Tue May 01, 2018 7:33 pm

You can't download your maps on epicwar or somewhere else, and then join the lobby ?

uakf.b
Staff Department

Postby uakf.b » Tue May 01, 2018 8:24 pm

The download speed was actually recently increased.

I think people are generally content with the 30 minute limit, so maybe this can be archived.
dWFrZi5i -- 'cause I'm cool like Agreements

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Tue May 01, 2018 9:03 pm

Archieving
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

Return to “Suggestion Archive”