Angel Arena Allstars Stats/Elo

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Merex
Oversight Staff

Angel Arena Allstars Stats/Elo

Postby Merex » Fri May 04, 2018 7:24 pm

AAA has been without stats since it pretty much came to ENT many years ago. I'd like to see this changed given it is a proper team vs team game with a proper end-game scenario (first team to reach 0 lives loses).

After much time, and thanks to @broud3r , the map finally holds what's necessary to make stats/ELO possible. It would be basic W/L with elo, no need for hero k/d or anything like that (since the victory scenario is team based)

Note: There won't be much community input if at all, do note the AAA population is quite small and therefor confined in open input. I don't see it being a problem to holds stats, like I said it's a proper team vs team game therefor it should be given the chance.

The current map isn't "equipped" to be able to hold stats, therefor the version I attach below will need to be updated to ENT.37 as-well.
Attachments
AAA_AR_R0_Life200_1.69f_stats3.w3x
(4.6 MiB) Downloaded 30 times
These users thanked the author Merex for the post:
TrueChaos (Fri May 04, 2018 7:37 pm)
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Re: Angel Arena Allstars Stats/Elo

Postby Quetra » Fri May 04, 2018 8:23 pm

+1, would like to see Merex get 2000 elo.
These users thanked the author Quetra for the post (total 2):
TrueChaos (Sat May 05, 2018 1:21 am) • Merex (Fri May 04, 2018 8:52 pm)

broud3r
ENT Staff

Postby broud3r » Tue May 08, 2018 11:24 am

Also worth to mention - the "-kick" feature is removed on that version
These users thanked the author broud3r for the post:
Merex (Tue May 08, 2018 1:59 pm)

TrueChaos
ENT Staff

Postby TrueChaos » Tue May 08, 2018 2:31 pm

Sounds good don't see any reason not to implement it anyways.

SaberArturia
Armored Tree

Postby SaberArturia » Sun May 20, 2018 4:24 pm

I do agree with the removal of the kick function. However, the fact people constantly leave might be an issue, not only that, there are a minority of players who despise rockets to the point they are able to ruin the game. The issue of toxicity might mean the game is not ready to go into a state of competitiveness. I think more time should be given to see if the toxicity can deplete. For now, I recommend releasing the version with the kick function removed and giving some time before starting the Elo system
These users thanked the author SaberArturia for the post:
wc3gameplayer (Sun May 20, 2018 6:55 pm)

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Sun May 20, 2018 6:56 pm

Anti-DenseMan wrote:I do agree with the removal of the kick function. However, the fact people constantly leave might be an issue, not only that, there are a minority of players who despise rockets to the point they are able to ruin the game. The issue of toxicity might mean the game is not ready to go into a state of competitiveness. I think more time should be given to see if the toxicity can deplete. For now, I recommend releasing the version with the kick function removed and giving some time before starting the Elo system

Angel arena allstars has been around for many years, possibly as far back as 2013. In these 5 years, it's been without stats. While I can understand there might be some 'discomfort' to the idea, how far does this game need to go on it's own before ENT can start supporting it with a proper stats system?

I myself have been around in the allstars scene since late 2014/early 2015, which alone is 3+ years of just playing allstars and I can say toxicity is always an issue. Being a decent player, people are going to leave. People are going to find excuses, people are going to just flat out make crazy empty accusations on you. It happens, it won't stop with or without elo. The idea that 'toxicity' is a reason to withhold stats on the game is just a little silly to be honest. By that logic we might as-well remove ELO from every competitive game-type, especially dota.

As far as leaving is concerned, that is already against the rules and there is an autoban system in place for allstars. The goal behind leavers should be to prevent it, and with stats coming, that will definitely give more incentive to stay. With the addition of ELO/stats, if someone is to leave not only do they fall under violation/potentially autobanned, but they will also lose stats and let's be honest no one wants to be 0/40 with 600 elo. So again, I see this actually bettering the leaving situation rather than the latter.

I'd also like to state ELO on allstars is in every way proper, given it's a hero vs hero team game with a proper endgame scenario which is first to 0 lives. Again, I understand if some people, like yourself, may be discomforted to the idea at first, but it can and will provide a nice competitive bump to the game and potentially raise skill caps, as-well.

tl;dr pros outweigh the cons.
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

eng
Aura Tree

Postby eng » Mon May 21, 2018 12:30 am

I think more time should be given to see if the toxicity can deplete

Under normal circumstances, this would be ideal, but wc3 is a 15~ year old game. There isn't a fresh influx of new blood anymore. By the time the "toxicity" depletes, the game would no longer have a player base. Introducing ELO would, like it has for many other games, result in a greater number of people taking the game more seriously. You would see things like

1) Less players leaving within the first few mins of the game due to "a bad initial hero" without even playing it out to get a god which would possibly turn the tables
2) Less players afking in base due to "a bad initial hero" but care about autoban
3) Less players giving up by afking/leaving because they realize they arent the "leading" player in the game, i.e they arent the first to make it to and control wolf pen/gnolls so they lose the desire to continue playing
4) More players actually treating aaa as a team game and actually communicate with each other (currently aaa is practically solo if you join by yourself). By this extension people would teach the noobs because an extra player can make the difference in pvp. You will see less generic gameplay - what i mean by this is the standard solo rush to get burning, then rockets/celest/aa whatever then rush god or ranged stat farm at dragons by solo farming in wolves/death/etc. Eventually (get god possibly) stat up and go statue. People would care about support heros that are not amazingly fast farmers but are good global gold farmers (selene/helios). People thinking about statue strategies as a team, instead of individually, etc.
5) Rules being enforced more consistently by the player base as people are aware of the effect it has on them now, rather than the "new game , new slate , so i dont care what happens " mentality
6) Less people crying about using "rockets" even if they disagree with it because they would likely just use them instead of intentionally handicapping themselves in a game that holds stats on their wins/losses.

Agreed.

The only con argument currently presented is toxicity but that exists in every custom game in varying degrees. AAA by design is supposed to be competitive like dota. If it matures and has a larger player base it would likely dissipate. There was a time when AAA lobbies hosted on ENT were set to 4v4, needed atleast 6 people to votestart. Lobbies would go days without starting. If you had a game start within an hour of each other filled with different people (not someone finishing a game and going to the next) that was considered active. Currently there is possibly just enough of a player base to get the ELO system going. It is likely now or never.

matdas
ENT Staff

Postby matdas » Mon May 21, 2018 2:09 am

Merex wrote:Angel arena allstars has been around for many years, possibly as far back as 2013. In these 5 years, it's been without stats. While I can understand there might be some 'discomfort' to the idea, how far does this game need to go on it's own before ENT can start supporting it with a proper stats system?

I am all for stats going to AAA. However, you are wrong on one point. Angel Arena has been around since 2004 (one of the first angel arenas made). I've played it since 2004 till the merge with BGN. The toxicity went down tremendously in the years that I've played. When rockets/fists were removed, the game became playable. Less people used them after cleaning out the populace that did (bans + appeals). Since then things have changed slightly by allowing one. Other than that, there are only a few bad apples in the bunch that are toxic. Can't blame an entire community on 3-4 people.

I for one am 100% for stats on AAA. Bring on Merex and his 2k elo.
These users thanked the author matdas for the post:
Merex (Mon May 21, 2018 4:00 am)

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Mon May 21, 2018 1:57 pm

Dota is the most toxic game on wc3 and it still has stats. I don't think toxicity is a good reason to not allow elo. If it leads to game ruining report them.

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Mon May 21, 2018 9:15 pm

Archived on request of the OP, no longer wants to seek ELO being added because of a new version.

Return to “Suggestion Archive”