Hellhalt TD

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Esile
ENT Staff

Hellhalt TD

Postby Esile » Mon May 14, 2018 7:11 am

Hello,

The current Hellhalt TD version that is being hosted, 4.0.5.10, has a bug in which no champion creeps spawn for yellow spot player. This creates quite a disadvantage for the other team.

I understand that it is tricky hosting a proper version given how broken the map has become after the latest patch, but, I believe, 4.0.5.11 would be a better fit.
This version was an urgent fix released by Hellraiser last summer, just one day after 4.0.5.10, to fix the champion bug:
viewtopic.php?f=236&t=112592

The scoreboard is still randomly on/off each game, but that is the case for all versions up to 4.0.6.xx after which the minimap becomes dysfunctional as well.

Perhaps worth considering.

TrueChaos
ENT Staff

Re: Hellhalt TD

Postby TrueChaos » Mon May 14, 2018 11:27 am

Hi there! I see there's a version 11, but there's the latest version 4.0.5.13.

Will it be fixed on the latest version or should we change the map version to 11?

I think version 11 had massive lag of the start of the game making it not being able to play.

@HELLRAISER @Esile
Last edited by TrueChaos on Mon May 14, 2018 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Esile
ENT Staff

Postby Esile » Mon May 14, 2018 12:06 pm

Hey @TrueChaos,

The latest version of Hellhalt TD, just before the April patch, was HELLHALT TD v4.1.0.5 which does not work with the current patch.

Versions below 4.0.5.xx mainly have the scoreboard issue, and above 4.0.6 the minimap doesn't show, until the map becomes completely unplayable after a certain point.
I suppose the scoreboard is the least "game breaking" element between the two, which is why 4.0.5.10 version has been picked for various bots, but the yellow champion issue makes it a bit unfair.
I haven't tested .13 so I can't say for sure, but .11 didn't give me any issues other than the on/off scoreboard.

Just a temporary solution to give people the chance to play the map until the developer is able to fix whatever broke with the latest update.

I believe Hellraiser works on version 5.0.01 which will be different than any of this, we just have to wait till he gets a chance to finish what he works on.

TrueChaos
ENT Staff

Postby TrueChaos » Mon May 14, 2018 12:41 pm

Ah ok makes sense. We'll just stick to version 10 for now until other versions are fixed and stable.

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Tue May 15, 2018 12:56 am

HHTD in it's current state is very fragile due to this bug stated. While it seems minor, players whom know of this anti-champ yellow can definitely abuse such by gaining more income, building less etc. which isn't ideal considering -ac is one of the primary modes.

As said, 4.0.5.11 is the equivalent of 4.0.5.10 only with this hotfix. It's highly recommended that this version hit the bots asap to prevent this bug from getting more known than it already is.

As far as development, HELLRAISER, much like a lot of other editors, is quite discouraged with his map being in chaos atm and (confirmed by other hellcord members) seems to be on a temporary absence which leaves HELLHALT in a very rough position. Nevertheless, we'll most likely see him come back in time and hopefully, 5.0.0 can launch with most of these issues fixed. For the time being however, this is the best HHTD can get.

This map has also been tested by the OP and has assured me that nothing is out-of-the-ordinary apart from .10 notable issues.
Attachments
HELLHALT_TD_v4.0.5.11.w3x
(5.79 MiB) Downloaded 15 times
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Tue May 15, 2018 1:54 am

Approved, map has been updated and is hosting on ENT.2 for all realms.

Processing.

Return to “Suggestion Archive”