Re: Island Defense Rules Update

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

FollowingPath
Forest Walker

Re: Island Defense Rules Update

Postby FollowingPath » Sat May 19, 2018 12:15 pm

Topic: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=128008

The suggestion had an insanely high rate of agreement, but I think a misunderstanding occurred when the rules were finalized in the post by @Civiliznations.
The general consensus was that 20 minutes of titan stalling was too high (something I agree with) and it was reduced to the suggested 15 minutes. However, the (in my opinion) far superior builder stalling rule suggestion was instead changed to a meaningless rule that will have next to no impact in actually preventing builder stalling.

The proposed rule:
Intentionally stalling the game as either titan or builder in order to frustrate and waste time of the other players is prohibited. What constitutes legitimate stalling with gameplay purpose will be decided on a case by case basis with moderator discretion.

The finalized rule:
The titan can be kicked if he does not kill a builder in approximately 15 minutes of stalling upon the condition that 60% of the builders alive agree to having the titan kicked.
The builder can be kicked if he does not kill titan or a minion in approximately 15 minutes of stalling.

As you can see, a 15 minute limit was added to the builder stalling rule, something that I believe misses the entire point of the suggestion. When people stall as builders, 99% of the time it is with the intend of winning by making the titan ragequit, and I imagine that's why @Merex suggested that each reported incident will be decided on a case by case basis in order to determine the intention behind it.

If titan players are going for as many wins as possible stat-wise, this rule (as it is written) forces them to engage with the stalling builders in a game that the builders already know is lost, or go AFK for 15 minutes to start a votekick. What is worse is that a group of 2-3 stalling builders could abuse the rule to their benefit, and kick titan for not being able to kill any of them after 15 minutes.

The last one is admittedly an unlikely scenario, but it is possible none the less and has happened before.

My suggestion is to change the stalling rule to the following:
The titan can be kicked if he does not kill a builder in approximately 15 minutes of stalling upon the condition that 60% of the builders alive agree to having the titan kicked.
Builders are not allowed to stall the game without the reasonable possibility of creating a defendable base. What constitutes legitimate stalling with gameplay purpose will be decided on a case by case basis with moderator discretion.

Haunt
Oversight Staff

Re: Re: Island Defense Rules Update

Postby Haunt » Sat May 19, 2018 1:06 pm

@FollowingPath As you can see, we did include the
What constitutes legitimate stalling with gameplay purpose will be decided on a case by case basis with moderator discretion.
part in the rule. The reason we added the time limit there was so that some players of the community would not abuse possible loopholes and make unnecessary ban requests for scenarios that are not stalling.
But yes, your wording does make more sense, and sound better. I'll edit the rule.

Processing.

Return to “Suggestion Archive”