Suggestions re: Dota

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Encrypted
Armored Tree

Suggestions re: Dota

Postby Encrypted » Tue May 22, 2018 9:12 am

Hi everyone,

I've been on this server for quite some time and thought I'd chip in my 5c for improvements:

1.) Enable !votekick command in lobby. Not sure if anyone has experienced this but I find it incredibly annoying if you can kick someone who is downloading on dial-up connections. The map is available on multiple sites and only requires a simple google search which everyone is capable. Allowing players to download the map at such slow speeds frustrates everyone in the lobby, especially those who have been waiting 20+ minutes to start a game. With that being said, the same votekick rules should apply - a player can't be kicked based on their skill (even if they're completely new) nor can it be done based on a personal bias.

2.) Lay off the bans or reduce sentences. ENT is losing a lot of players at a rapid rate. I've had friends leave because they have been banned consistently. I understand that rules are rules and that every platform needs guidelines but I feel the ban request staff take things way out of hand. For example - someone may be banned for doing something. If they either wait their sentence out or their appeal is approved then why is it brought up again in future posts. Understanding patterns/traits of a player with a maphack history is valid but it's like getting into an argument with you significant other and them bringing up issues in the past?

3.) Host non-em games: I do recall at some stage ENT was hosting non-em games. Not sure why this has been removed? Advanced players prefer games without the mass gold income. If anyone randoms an AGI carry - whether they play well or not - is more than likely that they'll win just because of their hero. In non-em games it's more challenging to play as a carry imo.

Anyway these are just some of the things that has frustrated me while I've been here. I wouldn't normally post or even care to visit this sub but honestly I'm considering leaving ENT with all the banning bullshit - admins should really be reviewed or a counsel should be introduced to monitor the activity of admins. It's completely off-putting to be banned for the smallest things.

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Re: Suggestions re: Dota

Postby Jabba41 » Tue May 22, 2018 9:18 am

1) Was abused way too often in the past. Wont happen again.

2) Numbers dont support what youre saying. People can appeal their bans and then get unbanned quite fast if they arent breaking rules several times, because if people dont learn from their bans we just ban them longer... to make them realize its not cool to do it. Usually it works, sometimes it ends in 1 year bans, which is fine too as we dont want these players on our bots anymore.

3) Had barely 20 games a week, so it was a waste of ressources.

Denied.
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

Return to “Suggestion Archive”