Autohosting Metastasis 2

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Thorlar
Resource Storage

Autohosting Metastasis 2

Postby Thorlar » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:20 pm

Hello! I am one of the developers of Metastasis 2 (discord link https://discord.gg/YmX5A29/ hiveworkshop link https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/metastasis.303071/) a map that is hosted daily on ENT/MMH, and I have found out that while people are willing to play, almost none are willing to go through the "become a host", as in, host the map and check lobby often and start when ready etc etc.

You may be thinking that autohosting isn't viable if the playerbase isn't big enough(it is), so if you want people to support this thread or any proof of daily games, do say :mrgreen:

Last thing, if approved (the players are there, so no worries), ban/kick should be disabled since anonymous status + deception is an mechanic of the game, and players may even flame/tilt others to gain advantage (now imagine an angry host xD). Dead players cannot communicate with alive ones, hence there's a high leave rate so I think it should be disabled.

Load code is "ndoau"

To not bother you in more details, I think the following should work :D
Max slots open
Autostart at 10 players, with !votestart active
Autoban/Entban disabled
Votekick disabled

3nemy_
Resource Storage

Re: Autohosting Metastasis 2

Postby 3nemy_ » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:01 pm

I support this request. Some of the staff may remember me that I requested this map to be autohosted about a year and a half ago and it got approved but we didn't pass the trial period, however fast forward and now our community has doubled up thanks to the continued work on the map by Thorlar and his team. Games are being hosted day and night every day by various players around the world and many of those are full house.
Map is being updated frequently and player base grows larger each day, maybe you could join Thorlar's discord server and see it for yourself. :)
Metastasis 2 has expanded its horizons and accepts old and new players alike, it has become entirely independent of Clan Sirs who were the original developers of the map, so I think it would be fair for you to give us a second chance. Thank you!

Thorlar
Resource Storage

Postby Thorlar » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:58 pm

Hello again, I would like to request to close this request, since player motivation is high, and no bot is needed in the end
After all, the bot would work for sure, but only if active for certain hours (there is like 6 hours of "easy fullhouse" daily) so for like 10 hours, a lot of people would afk inside and be surprised when the game autostarts, and I doubt I can ask such a specialized request of having the bot open/close in X hours

Even if this request "failed", I would like to thank you for your bot-services because metastasis wouldn't be playable otherwise ;)

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:35 pm

Closed on request

Return to “Suggestion Archive”