Updating DIHL map!

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

HolyBear
DIHL Staff

Updating DIHL map!

Postby HolyBear » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:44 pm

Spoiler!
4.) The map: Dota v6.83d
Most other platforms for DotA such as RGC, Garena, and Eurobattle.net are playing on version 6.88x but here in DIHL, the map is still on 6.83d.
However, there are limitations to Battle.net that make it incompatible with the 6.88x maps (too large file size).
Thus, I propose that DIHL switches its map to the next most updated version, 6.85k.
For those scared of change, here are the key points: the terrain is the same, the heros are better balanced, item pricing is better (TPs are 75 g, obs wards are bought not in sets of 2 but individually for 75 g <- makes support a lot better), and there are 8 new items (silver edge, octarine core, and guardian greaves being the most important imo; if you're not familiar with them already from Dota Void games (RIP) or Dota 2, it'll take you only like 2-3 games to learn their recipes and what they do).
Maps are updated for a reason. As a Dota In-House League, I believe playing on the most current possible map is essential.

As commented by Cube, I also think its important to have an updated dota map for DIHL. Would appreciate if @entstaff could update the current dota map to Dota 6.85k possibly for a trial run.

Cube
Basic Tree

Re: Updating DIHL map!

Postby Cube » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:47 pm

!Support
I think a trial run of the new map for a week would be great, and at the end, we can revert or keep based on popular opinion.

Slomosapien
Treant

Postby Slomosapien » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:58 am

Yes please!

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:40 pm

Approved.

Map has been changed to, Dota v6.85k Allstars for a trial period.
Please let us know your thoughts, and if you wish to keep this map after a week long trial period.

The trial period may be extended should you so desire.

Processing.

Return to “Suggestion Archive”